2023 Target List

Oh well. Would have loved to land Demary, but guess he should have committed sooner if he really wanted in. Hope they only do this with complete confidence Cosby is ours. Last thing I’d want to see if slow play Demary and then Cosby goes elsewhere.
I think I like the idea that Demary is still in play, but that he is probably in play alongside Cosby on a first-come, first-served basis. I really doubt the staff just stops recruiting Demary without any assurance of Cosby unless they truly believe that Dilione and Demary are just redundant players.

After watching his highlights, I really like Cosby's stroke. Kid can flat-out shoot the basketball.

I think I like the idea that Demary is still in play, but that he is probably in play alongside Cosby on a first-come, first-served basis. I really doubt the staff just stops recruiting Demary without any assurance of Cosby unless they truly believe that Dilione and Demary are just redundant players.

After watching his highlights, I really like Cosby's stroke. Kid can flat-out shoot the basketball.
This. Who breaks up with who will not be detectable if he goes, but I don't think they've cut the string without Cosby being in.

Good to know. I’d like to keep the lines open. Glad we haven’t shut them down. Really excited about this class.
I’ll add this, what I’ve shared is what the thought process/plan is…Demary has visits still set up and doesn’t sound like he’s in any rush at all, if he was to have a change of heart and call the staff today and want in would they take it? They very well might. But the thought is he is gonna be a bit and they are going to transition to Cosby who they feel is a better fit with what they have on the roster.

Staff has been holding the line with writers and not giving them yes/no on signings. My source told me after WF visit that he was ours within weeks. I didn't say anything til yesterday, but probably shouldn't have. If they aren't telling writers with close relationships, some jackass on the internet probably shouldn't leak.
And how exactly are we (pre-announcement) supposed to distinguish between you and the countless jackasses making baseless insider claims? Just don’t be right 100% of the time and your in the clear.

Fwiw Grant Ramey just posted on 247 that Tennessee is probably moving on from Demary now and going all in on Cosby.
If the portal trend continues we will have to replace about half our roster. They must feel really good about things if they’re cutting ties with Demary and we only have 2 verbal commits ATM?

If the portal trend continues we will have to replace about half our roster. They must feel really good about things if they’re cutting ties with Demary and we only have 2 verbal commits ATM?
We have 2 guaranteed spots, could be upwards of 7 but that won’t become very clear until spring. Signing 4 seems like a solid number in the fall to me, leaving room for 2024 reclass candidates, late bloomers, transfer addictions etc.

Reactions: berryvol
Stoerner, try not to beat yourself up, you can be vague in the future.

I agree with the others that the CB would be the one that ruined the moment as I trusted that to be 100% before you had even said anything (and I don’t have any insider knowledge). I think people will understand given your track record if you just suggest stuff; this applies to BTO and the others also

And how exactly are we (pre-announcement) supposed to distinguish between you and the countless jackasses making baseless insider claims? Just don’t be right 100% of the time and your in the clear.
I like this plan. Just make something up every now and then to keep us on our toes!

Reactions: walkenvol
Updated target list, using On3 ranking…**On3 composite ranking because they have no On3 ranking**

#16 JP Estrella-OV taken & UOV
#50 Freddie Dilione-COMMITED TO UT
#61 Silas Demary Jr.-OV taken & UOV

#91 Davin Cosby Jr.-OV scheduled
**#106** CADE PHILLIPS-COMMITTED TO UT

**#122**Cameron Barnes
NR Jared Hall-UOV

Updated target list, using On3 ranking…**On3 composite ranking because they have no On3 ranking**

#16 JP Estrella-OV taken & UOV
#50 Freddie Dilione-COMMITED TO UT
#61 Silas Demary Jr.-OV taken & UOV

#91 Davin Cosby Jr.-OV scheduled
**#106** CADE PHILLIPS-COMMITTED TO UT

**#122**Cameron Barnes
NR Jared Hall-UOV
Getting down to our top targets that are left, I’m assuming we aren’t trying with Cameron Barnes and Jared Hall is only a backup plan in case we miss on Estrella?

Getting down to our top targets that are left, I’m assuming we aren’t trying with Cameron Barnes and Jared Hall is only a backup plan in case we miss on Estrella?
Not sure if Hall will even be backup to Estrella, but maybe…seems more like when we landed Phillips we moved on there.

Reactions: Willy14

VN Store

Back