2023 Target List

Announcement is definitely a Top 3 and a commitment date. No sources, just highly doubt he commits out of the blue.
Would venture to say this is correct, Top 2-3 with an announcement date. Glad he appears to have told Kansas to get lost like I thought he would given their slow play strategy.

Sandfort was in Iowa City for an official visit the same weekend as Brewster Academy (NH) four-star center JP Estrella, and that was by design for the Iowa staff. During the visit, Sandfort and Estrella hit it off and once Sandfort committed to Iowa silently this week, he was already in Estrella's ear about Iowa and has continued to be. During the visit, the Iowa players were also joking with Estrella and Sandfort about teaming up together and it is halfway done now.

"I have to go after JP Estrella now," Sandfort said after he committed to Iowa.

Estrella is fresh off an official visit to Syracuse and is mulling taking another official visit to either Kansas or Gonzaga. Iowa has put itself in great position on the 247Sports Crystal Ball, though Estrella's recruitment is not over.

However, Iowa put its best foot forward on the visits and Estrella is thinking very highly of the Hawkeyes as a decision approaches. With the way Sandfort and Estrella have bonded, that could set Iowa up to be in a great spot to go 2-for-2 on their big official visit weekend late last month and that would be absolutely massive when it comes to putting the finishing touches on the class

Reactions: berryvol
Nothing too crazy in that report, it’s got your standard “fan site” spin. But, the lack of info from our side and the amount of time since his last visit to Knoxville still has me thinking we’re running 2nd at best.

Nothing too crazy in that report, it’s got your standard “fan site” spin. But, the lack of info from our side and the amount of time since his last visit to Knoxville still has me thinking we’re running 2nd at best.
I don’t think there’s any way we aren’t at least 2nd, and there was only about a month difference between Tennessee and Iowa visit, I feel like we are acting as if it was a 9 month span between the two.

VN Store

Back