2023 Senior Day- Those who walked, and those who did not

When do we expect to hear of those who plan on returning. Would love to have Bru, Baron, Lott-Norman and Pili back for sure
Pili I think is planning to come back. Baron, Omari, campbell are gone for sure. I think ONL is gone as well. Idk that coop is for sure coming back either.

Reactions: SDV
I do hope Simmons comes back, I think he had a very good second half of the season. If everyone that did not walk does come back, then I think we'll be really good next year. We were potentially going to have to replace every secondary player and 4 of 5 OL. We still should get at least 1-2 OL in the portal, a TE or 2, and a DB or 2.

Quite a few of those who participated in senior day still have one more year if they want to come back. Participation in senior day does not not exclude them from coming back.

Yikes. Potentially a lot of experience out the door.
Ton of experience in the secondary, but they were sub par and slow. I'm ready for fresh blood. Give me talent over longevity and day. Just praying that they have someone better than McDonald next year. Surely this covid year crap is almost over? Can't flip this roster fast enough for me.

I dont think we can compete next year.. (if all these players leave)

We lose: (an entire class that all start basically)
2 QB
2 WR
3 OL
4 DT
2 DE
1 LB
4 DB
1 returner
1 kicker

We need to try to get 1/2 to stay… or close to 1/2, then get transfers to replace the others as we keep taking blue chip HS kids too…

Wr have to get 2 transfer QBs too… we have to be prepared for Nico being too young or for injuries…

Next year we are looking at 6-6 unless we can majorly overhaul/ fix our roster imo..
I mean that's like 11-13 starters and 3 role players. That's not an out of the ordinary amount of departures in any given year. I saw CJH win 7 games when they lost double the amount of production in year 1. Finding a backup QB in the portal isn't that hard. We lost McCoy right before the halfway point in the year, so we're really only losing Keyton. The DL is absolutely not a concern because of how loaded we already are at the DL.The only major concern is the OL. If we get our OL right we should be just fine.

Ton of experience in the secondary, but they were sub par and slow. I'm ready for fresh blood. Give me talent over longevity and day. Just praying that they have someone better than McDonald next year. Surely this covid year crap is almost over? Can't flip this roster fast enough for me.
McDonald has one of favorite hits in recent years - that hit against Kentucky last year that led to an interception…still surprised he wasn’t flagged for hitting too hard.

Nico, Sampson, Squirrel, Cooper, Spraggins, & Mincey are going to need to be All-Conference type players on offense next year. Guys like Nichols, Seldon, Thornton, Ethan, Nimrod, & Webb gotta take the next step. We also need Matthews to be a dude from day 1
Nimrod really came on strong last 1/3 of the season. I expect him to be a strong WR in 2024

I Imagine most of the players potentially coming back will be asked their plans by Heupel pretty quickly as we have to decide where to focus efforts in the portal. So I think Heupel wail soon have a good idea of the state of things. Not that he will share that information with US of course (nor should he)

Reactions: Ratvol

VN Store

Back