2023 Recruiting

This is a TRUE FACT 👍 🧡🏀🧡

With ADR/Nichols we’re set. I definitely wanted Velez but if we get those two along with a continuously improving BK/Edie(whom will be better than many are projecting) as well as PG in 24 and a transfer in we’re fine at guard as Kaiya is still here like I am not full doom and gloom

With a chance that Rickea Jackson, Tamari Key and Jordan Horston coming back next year. It might be a turnoff for the girls in the 2023 class. With all the NIL money they could make much more at Tennessee then in the WNBA.
I hope this becomes fruition, because of the fact that we are unfortunately in the era of "LEGALLY" [NIL] buying a championship team...🤔

Well, i don’t think I would enjoy having lunch with Kim, but I am not a teenage girl. She has shown the ability to connect with those people, as evidenced by her strong recruiting efforts over many years.

The three national championships have got to be a stronger inducement than “we are on track to continue improving”,whether it's Vic or Kellie or Jeff or whomever being positive about their trajectories. Kim, too, strongly improved the very weak team she inherited at LSU, and she has won all the marbles more than once.

There are quite a few very good coaches, but damned few can claim to have won it all more than once. I suspect that matters a lot to most potential recruits.
Kim did last years rebuilding with a bunch of motivated Super Seniors who actually was close to beating some of the best teams in the league the year prior. LSU was not a weak team going into last year in any way shape or form. They just needed a little more coaching on the offensive end, because Nikki Caldwell's defense was very well coached. Kim knows where to get the ball to score as a former Olympic and national champion point guard, but the talent was there.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Kim did last years rebuilding with a bunch of motivated Super Seniors who actually was close to beating some of the best teams in the league the year prior. LSU was not a weak team going into last year in any way shape or form. They just needed a little more coaching on the offensive end, because Nikki Caldwell's defense was very well coached. Kim knows where to get the ball to score as a former Olympic and national champion point guard, but the talent was there.
I will say adding Alexis Morris was a game changer for LSU. They aren’t sniffing 26 wins without her. LSU did not have the offense for years and they finally got a legit scorer next to pointer when she transferred in

I can’t wait for TN to return the favor next year

Reactions: mcannon1
Dawn wasn't recruiting Velez and why would you say she offers better shot at championships than Dawn certainly not next season and probably not the next either as plenty of reloading by SC. I hope SC doesn't win next season but they will be a huge favorite to win a third under Dawn.

Kim has three, Dawn has two.

I’m thinking ADR signed today. Will be interesting to see when it’s announced but it just makes sense.

I believe Nichols will also play at UT and I think the has tremendous upside. Likely add one more for that class out of the top 100 and then back to work in the portal.

Did really hope for a package deal with Velez but a talented big is much hard to come by imo.

I’m thinking ADR signed today. Will be interesting to see when it’s announced but it just makes sense.

I believe Nichols will also play at UT and I think the has tremendous upside. Likely add one more for that class out of the top 100 and then back to work in the portal.

Did really hope for a package deal with Velez but a talented big is much hard to come by imo.
Afraid to get my hopes up, but I definitely think this is her in front of TKView attachment 494215

Couldn’t have signed today….

Reactions: mcannon1
Afraid to get my hopes up, but I definitely think this is her in front of TKView attachment 494215

Good to see, just need to hear an actual announcement on her commitment. The Booker leaning to Texas makes me nervous about just relying on visits. Anyone remember Boston’s recruitment? She visited UCONN a bunch of times and even a couple days before she committed to sc. Per someone in Rosario's AAU group, Rosario has already made a decision but hasn't announced it yet.

Last edited:
With a chance that Rickea Jackson, Tamari Key and Jordan Horston coming back next year. It might be a turnoff for the girls in the 2023 class. With all the NIL money they could make much more at Tennessee then in the WNBA.
If all three have a good year this season I don’t see either of them coming back. But it’s possible 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: dapeak
With Powell being a two year player and Miles a sophomore the point guard is in good position for the next couple of seasons. Nichols is the two guard we need great scorer have high hopes she will be a Lady Vol. Of course ADR is an immediate impact player. You get those two then 2023 is really uplifted as you could have ADR and Hollingshead inside with Puckett , Striplin, and Suarez at the four. Pissott and Darby give you two experienced three point shooters with more experience by 2023. Little Darby could make an impact at PG. I think Edie gets a scholarship as a sophomore. She is a fairly intriguing player great handle and a better shooter than Miles. I think she might work herself into some playing time in 2023. Nichols and Wynn would be your two guards. If Wynn could develop her offensive game she becomes a five star because she can rebound, defend, and handle just doesn't have the offensive ability that is necessary. Nichols ultimate scorer was really impressed with her at Nike she was one of the top five players there. You might from here look for an additional player or two more experienced in the portal to give the freshman time to ease their way in and that would be a solid team again able to compete for the SEC title.

VN Store

Back