2023 Recruiting

I do Think we get Nichols and something makes me feel we might get ADR, despite Velez going to LSU. Either way, we have a current team built to win a title and that’s what we need. It’s been 14 years .
Not sure about ADR. If Velez went to Syracuse I feel we would have had a great shot at it, now that Velez is going to LSU I don't feel good about her coming. I know they are not locked to go to college together but LSU and TN were the only two places where that was possible.

I am all about these young ladies picking their school of their choice....I just can't wrap my head around anyone wanting to be around Kim voluntarily
Why not? She’s won three NCs.

Well, i don’t think I would enjoy having lunch with Kim, but I am not a teenage girl. She has shown the ability to connect with those people, as evidenced by her strong recruiting efforts over many years.

The three national championships have got to be a stronger inducement than “we are on track to continue improving”,whether it's Vic or Kellie or Jeff or whomever being positive about their trajectories. Kim, too, strongly improved the very weak team she inherited at LSU, and she has won all the marbles more than once.

There are quite a few very good coaches, but damned few can claim to have won it all more than once. I suspect that matters a lot to most potential recruits.

No offense but BG is the last thing on high schoolers minds. They see championships, and Kim can offer that…more than Dawn or any other coach in the SEC can currently.
Dawn wasn't recruiting Velez and why would you say she offers better shot at championships than Dawn certainly not next season and probably not the next either as plenty of reloading by SC. I hope SC doesn't win next season but they will be a huge favorite to win a third under Dawn.

Sad how we dying for #36 rank. We use to fight for top 5's but those days are coming and this coming season we have to prove that.

ADR should make a decision soon. If she chooses LSU then they have probably the number one high school class in 2023
I'd rather she go to North Carolina out of all places if not TN.

LSU's assistant coach on twitter is hinting someone else is committed. Hopefully it isn't ADR but I also think recruiting momentum is a thing and they have a lot of momentum since adding Williams and others this past summer.

No offense but BG is the last thing on high schoolers minds. They see championships, and Kim can offer that…more than Dawn or any other coach in the SEC can currently.

She didn't even MENTION the BEST player she has ever coached and that should resonate with these kids! If she did BG like that what do you think she is going to do to you? That might be one reason.

Another reason is her response to sexual assault victims. When asked about the ongoing rape cases at the time by the football team she responded something like... if anything says anything bad about baylor punch them in the face. Who the F says that when asked about sexual assault? She had the nerve to speak up there but again remained silent on BG.

So those are some red flags for me but hey maybe championships take precedent over someone who wouldn't speak up for her best player or someone who make a comment in gest when asked about sexual assault victims.

While BG is the last thing on their minds maybe the treatment of BG and the comments she has made in the past should be one of the things they pay attention too. Or just keep getting paid and played by a coach is gonna forget you when the ball stops bouncing...

Either way she lucked up with Jordan being out last year and she was probably mad she threw everything at Rickea and she still chose here (which should also say a lot).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy
Dawn wasn't recruiting Velez and why would you say she offers better shot at championships than Dawn certainly not next season and probably not the next either as plenty of reloading by SC. I hope SC doesn't win next season but they will be a huge favorite to win a third under Dawn.
Gonna say next year Dawn will need to capitalize because after they lose a lot

Sad how we dying for #36 rank. We use to fight for top 5's but those days are coming and this coming season we have to prove that.
JMO Velez would've never got offered by LSU if it wasn't for ADR. If ADR goes somewhere else I am sure they will be hugely disappointed because that is who they really want and the main reason Velez got the offer. I'm not saying that Tennessee didn't do the same thing. NC and SC didn't offer Velez but they both want ADR. I'm still thinking ADR is thinking hard about SC but we'll see what she does should come soon.

Gonna say next year Dawn will need to capitalize because after they lose a lot
She has six five star players returning will probably get a couple out of the 2023 class Fulwilley probably for sure then grad three out of the portal so her roster will look as good as LSU next season as well even if they get ADR. I'm thinking we can match them as well with nine returnees if we get the right portal players and hope Nichols. When you have Watkins, Raven Johnson, Cardoso, Cooper, and Hall and Feagin in 2023 you only need to add two or three players to match anybody.

Reactions: LadyVol1908

There are some outstanding players out there that always aren't top 10 or such. Not saying we shouldn't be recruiting those types but Velez is very talented and her defense is simply outstanding. She isn't what I would call a great scorer, that part of her game still has to develop but she does bring toughness, leadership and values defense. When building a team that can win a national title, you recruit players who are good but compliment other players and your own style.

Reactions: olddog and dapeak
Were in the game certainly this season and next we return nine so adding the right two or three players and were big competition for LSU and SC as well. Championships are not going to come easy for anybody anymore and your probably going to need three or four out of the top ten players to get there. Players ranked number 36 won't get you there LSU will need a lot more like Williams and other than Reese they don't have many on their roster right now and even with ADR still need a few more.

Reactions: Voluble2 and dapeak

VN Store

Back