2023 Recruiting

I'm torn on making this a big deal and bringing it to people's attention especially when it's so vague. I'd say 99% of teams resort to some type of negative recruiting from mild to extreme. . I'm sure KJH and her staff are aware. These are just a few of my thoughts - by bringing more attention to this topic it may plant a seed of doubt into some recruits and their families. What's this about"What are they saying? IS there anything to it? ....................If there's no truth to it why give it more press. Let KJH address it when needed with recruits and families.

I see the other side to it too but I don't see where tweeting about it or writing about it will help things. Negative recruiting isn't going away and I'm sure coaches just accept it will happen.

If it were extreme and it involved NCAA violations then I could see bringing it to people's attention. Even then typically articles would be written after violations or once violations are reported.

I wouldn't be surprised if the staff has heard the negative recruiting stuff said by others to the recruits through the recruits, and has leaked what they said to Maria, who they can count on to publish something like this as a prominent beat writer for LV's. The staff is using Maria to inform the offending enemy recruiters that UT staff is aware of their lying tactics, and back off or else.

I wouldn't be surprised if the staff has heard the negative recruiting stuff said by others to the recruits through the recruits, and has leaked what they said to Maria, who they can count on to publish something like this as a prominent beat writer for LV's. The staff is using Maria to inform the offending enemy recruiters that UT staff is aware of their lying tactics, and back off or else.
Thank you. Any other view is opinion only.

Coaches aren't allowed to discuss unsigned recruits with the media. At least, that's how it used to be.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It's so easy to see how unhappy the Lady Vol players are with Coach Kellie...She must be a real witch....LOL
5f5832fd3e1542ca69f695fbe914a3b8

I doubt Vic or Kim would feel the slight bit intimidated.

I doubt Vic or Kim would feel the slight bit intimidated.

Both will do whatever it takes to get what they want even if it means getting dirty.

Just anxious to see what their final decisions going to be. As far as I know Rosario has now taken all her visits. Velez still has Miami and FSU if she chooses to continue through with the process.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If it truly is between TN and LSU for ADR and Velez, they should take one look at Mulkey's cupcake schedule. If they want to waste their college careers playing teams like Bellarmine, Houston Baptist, Lamar, etc, etc., then by all means go to LSU. If you want to play top-level teams consistently and develop your game throughout your college career to prepare you for the next level, you better come to Tennessee. You have to play against the best if you want to be the best!

After having endured the trauma of “The Dark Years” when our beloved program received only negative, painful, butt-of-jokes-type attention, I’m actually thrilled that time, new leadership and obvious success has made adding Tennessee to their visits list a badge of honor again.

We’ll take that any day of the week! 🧡
We never were talked about as a joke on the recruiting trail, as for on the court, Kellie hasn't gone as far as Holly in NCAA or SEC. However, keep living in your dream version of the past. Meanwhile, she has signed one major talent, out of high school!. Only one. One only would have to wonder what Holly could have done in the age of transfers. And, that one, has yet, to play a game. She has made her living off Holly's efforts on the recruiting field. So, at least not trash the our former proud tradition by not knowing it. Until recently, Tennessee, was always a top for force on the recruiting trail.Until Kelly can prove that she can do that, but at least a second star player out of high school, we're all going to have to still wonder what happened to our proud tradition. Until Kelly makes the final eight, we're all going to have to still wonder what happened to our proud tradition. And until Kelly wins an SEC tournament. We're all going to have to wonder what happened to our proud tradition. And in case you didn't know, those are all things Holly did.

Reactions: olddog
We never were talked about as a joke on the recruiting trail, as for on the court, Kellie hasn't gone as far as Holly in NCAA or SEC. However, keep living in your dream version of the past. Meanwhile, she has signed one major talent, out of high school!. Only one. One only would have to wonder what Holly could have done in the age of transfers. And, that one, has yet, to play a game. She has made her living off Holly's efforts on the recruiting field. So, at least not trash the our former proud tradition by not knowing it. Until recently, Tennessee, was always a top for force on the recruiting trail.Until Kelly can prove that she can do that, but at least a second star player out of high school, we're all going to have to still wonder what happened to our proud tradition. Until Kelly makes the final eight, we're all going to have to still wonder what happened to our proud tradition. And until Kelly wins an SEC tournament. We're all going to have to wonder what happened to our proud tradition. And in case you didn't know, those are all things Holly did.
We’ll let Kelly know of your disapproval but Kellie our coach will be just fine. Try to keep up.

LOLOL Holly did nothing but practically run the program into the ground, and THAT 1129, was the talk on the recruiting trail. You’ve had the same agenda against Kellie since she was hired. Or was it Kelly?

Last edited:

WOW ….. JUST WOW ….. are you serious? I have not been here as long as you ! But ….,,,,
Is that you Holly ? I have no more words !!!!

Holly couldn’t coach. Tennessee recruited itself when she took over because of what Pat had built. Holly ruined that too. Kellie had to start building it again, with just the history, prior to Holly the destroyer, to use.

Fine to express your opinion, but it’s really reductive and old and tired.

I don't have anything against Holly. I am glad she is coming back around the team and I hope we see more of her. She is a LVFL.

You are right KELLIE needs to sign more HS recruits, get to an elite 8, win an SEC tourney, etc. BUT blaming Kellie for what happened on the recruiting trail before she got here isn't fair and you know that. Again i'm not knocking Holly but the fights, dismissals, and the whole Westbrook situation didn't help and the whole "toxic" thing was able to be used against us. Now she is in year three and her fingerprints are on this team and she needs to up the recruits from HS. With that being said she got 4 crucial transfers during a crucial time and it's Kellie who did that.

If you want to talk about Kellie landing recruits how about Rickea coming here after not choosing Holly the first time? Holly got Jordan, TK, and Emily to sign but Kellie got them to stay.

So why don't we appreciate Holly for who she was without bashing Kellie for who she is...

Last edited:

VN Store

Back