2023 Recruiting

Why? We've got enough recruiting competition as it is.

I guess its's because I enjoy supporting strong female coaches whom I know are trying their best to better the lives of young women -- and doing it the right way. Don't get me wrong, though. If Tennessee plays against Coach Mox I'll be hoping we dominate the Cavaliers.

Not a LSU fan but their food/cooking is elite. Who doesn't love good southern cooking? I enjoyed my visit when I went to a football game there years ago. Their fans actually were really nice to us and fed our entire tailgate. We also got tiger baited but they did that then stuffed us with lots of good food after that haha.
Laisez les bon temps roulet!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Anyone know the timeline of when Booker, Velez and ADR will make their decision?

They could give us a verbal commitment anytime! But the next time for signing Letters of Intent will be this November. Anytime before then but they could also wait until after that !

All verbal commitments are NON BINDING! The L.O.I. Is the official legal piece of paper ! I believe that we will know something before November….. but with teenagers…. 🤷‍♂️

The recruits that we are after are of the caliber that winning championships are what they are interested in … JMO. These are highly sought after recruits….. we will do well to get one or blessed with two or more !

They could give us a verbal commitment anytime! But the next time for signing Letters of Intent will be this November. Anytime before then but they could also wait until after that !

All verbal commitments are NON BINDING! The L.O.I. Is the official legal piece of paper ! I believe that we will know something before November….. but with teenagers…. 🤷‍♂️

The recruits that we are after are of the caliber that winning championships are what they are interested in … JMO. These are highly sought after recruits….. we will do well to get one or blessed with two or more !

I like that confidence...

What are we rating the confidence on each of them?
I would say that it is 50 50 Tennessee and LSU for Del Rosario and Velez. That being based on them wanting to go to the same school. I had Booker at about 75 percent a while back, but five visits and still no commit make you wonder. Nichols don't really know she seemed to really enjoyed her Tennessee visit. To add we don't know if any of them have already committed. Harper lets us know about recruiting when she wants to she is very quiet about what is going on in recruiting. The way I look at it is if we fail on all four the second chance is the portal and it will be loaded again. Several of them will be freshmen from the coming year or before that did not like their situation. I know we have nine returning so adding about four solid players either through high school recruiting or the portal puts us in great shape. Used to be that if you failed in high school recruiting you were doomed now with the portal that is no longer true.

Has Rosario completed all her visits? I know she visited SC, LSU and Tennessee. My question is if she has an official scheduled to UNC but she did visit for an unofficial this past year.

Don't think Velez has finished all her visits unless she already knows where she wants to go.

Has Rosario completed all her visits? I know she visited SC, LSU and Tennessee. My question is if she has an official scheduled to UNC but she did visit for an unofficial this past year.

Don't think Velez has finished all her visits unless she already knows where she wants to go.

That's some heavy competition--and UNC has a dynamic coach whom I pitched to the UT athletic department. (They didn't listen.)

RE Booker, if someone has visited 5 times and still hasn't committed, I'd be concerned.

I'm not going to say no doubt. I learned my lesson with Moe Wiggins. But I do have a strong feeling and I know we are still high in their consideration

Just a fan no inside info just confident but LSU seems like the competition
I think its tough for any program to land top recruits, everyone is clawing to get the best of the best. I heard a interview Geno did last summer and he said its much more difficult now to recruit than it was years ago. You win some, you lose some, you win some again. Hopefully we come out on top for some of these players in the coming month or so as we approach November.

I tend not to stress heavily as I do know the portal is another recruiting season itself which should be loaded as usually. Harper will likely get her share, how many of these top recruits we land this fall will be determined but they seem in good standing with everyone.

I think its tough for any program to land top recruits, everyone is clawing to get the best of the best. I heard a interview Geno did last summer and he said its much more difficult now to recruit than it was years ago. You win some, you lose some, you win some again. Hopefully we come out on top for some of these players in the coming month or so as we approach November.

I tend not to stress heavily as I do know the portal is another recruiting season itself which should be loaded as usually. Harper will likely get her share, how many of these top recruits we land this fall will be determined but they seem in good standing with everyone.
If the season go like we expect recruiting in the future should be fine

This is just my gut feeling:

Nichols - would be shocked if she didn’t come
Booker - same
ADR - I think she comes to Tennessee. LSU got in the game late. SC is promising her the world to come.
Velez - not a package deal with ADR and is open to other choices. I can see her at Tennessee but could also see her at Syracuse.

This is just my gut feeling:

Nichols - would be shocked if she didn’t come
Booker - same
ADR - I think she comes to Tennessee. LSU got in the game late. SC is promising her the world to come.
Velez - not a package deal with ADR and is open to other choices. I can see her at Tennessee but could also see her at Syracuse.

I hope you are accurate! Been following your input for a few years now …. Usually accurate.

Velez and ADR LIVED IN NEW YORK AND NEW JERSEY. Now even since it is just across the bridge , it’s not like they were neighbors! They have been playing together for awhile. And moved to Bellbuckle Tenn. together…… that says a lot to me ! Anyone who has been to Bellbuckle would understand! They did pick 5 different schools other than the UT AND LSU TOGETHER….. Syracuse is home state of Velez . Soooo I could see that for her but winters in NY Verses Tennessee? Again …. Hope u r right

VN Store

Back