2023 Recruiting

Not hearing much chatter about this one. She holds an offer from TN.

She hasn't announced a verbal commitment to any team; is ranked #19 by Hoopgurlz; and was a member of the 2021 USA basketball U16 team that won gold.

She follows Kellie, Joy, and Sam on Twitter, and they all follow her. She also follows and is followed by lots of coaches from other schools.

Last edited:
Here's what Carolyn Makauskus, writing for Just Women's Sports, has to say about her:

" Delaney Thomas, 6-2 forward — St. John’s (D.C.)

One of the class’ most balanced players, Thomas averaged 17.6 points, 7.5 rebounds, 1.3 blocks and 2.2 steals per game this past season in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference, one of the nation’s most stacked leagues."

Reactions: chuckiepoo
the fact that one or more board member is impatient on signings in early August is their problem, but their problem is of no consequence to the team we support.

Personally I remember waiting each year until the first weekend in September for PHS to bring in a group of recruits in for an official visit, coach cooking a meal and taking the young women on her boat. (all legal) and then we fans read about the commitments. My personal summary: I trust the Coaches knowing I know nothing about who will commit.

2023 offers so far (w/ESPN National Ranking)
HAVE Visited:
Cori Allen (93)
Madison Booker (15)
Chloe Clardy (40) To Stanford
Essence Cody (24) To Alabama
Aalyah Del Rosario (8)
Jada Harrison To Middle TN State
Kymora Johnson (30)
Olivia McGhee (35) To Virginia
Emma Risch (64) To Notre Dame
Qadence Samuels (35) To UCONN
Taliah Scott (13) To Arkansas
Ashlyn Shade (6) To UCONN
Angelica Velez (35)

HAVE NOT Visited
Kamorea Arnold (7) To UCONN
Lenee Beaumont (81) To Indiana
Mallory Collier (44) To NC State
Montaya Dew (9) To Arizona
Jadyn Donovan (3)
Hawa Doumbouya
Alyssa Latham (68) To Syracuse
S'Mya Nichols (21)
Delaney Thomas (19)
Mikaylah Williams (1) To LSU
Sole Williams (39) To Louisville

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
For my sanity, I need a domino to fall! 😩
I am one to think patience and the dominos will fall but let me encourage you.You are not the only one thinking that way you were honest to post while others thinking like you wont say it so i respect you being honest and real and my thinking is Rosario and Valez are coming if they dont i will need a sanity check

Reactions: LadyVol1908
I am one to think patience and the dominos will fall but let me encourage you.You are not the only one thinking that way you were honest to post while others thinking like you wont say it so i respect you being honest and real and my thinking is Rosario and Valez are coming if they dont i will need a sanity check
Yea I’m hoping we can get them, along with Booker and Johnson. Anyone at this point! 😂

Reactions: chuckiepoo
For my sanity, I need a domino to fall! 😩

Having ones sanity connected to 17/18s year old and their decision making may not be a good idea LOL

i feel ya and would like a commit also though 👀 but i'm letting the current roster and the thoughts of how good we can be balance my sanity out 😂

Last edited:
I just can’t understand the purpose of some people getting so caught up in HS recruiting to this level. Maybe I would understand this kind of obsession if the clipboard was completely bare at Tennessee.

However, the roster is filled with quality players both experienced and young. People changed the narrative from no All-American talent outside of Horston to now there’s only one All-American talent signee since 2021 from HS 😂 after Tennessee signed Justine Pissott when Rickea Jackson and Julian Hollingshead committed out of the portal. Alongside all conference players Jasmine Powell and Jasmine Franklin. A roster skilled enough to enter the season ranked #4 in a Pre-Season poll.

Truth is, there’s a lot of things going on that fans just don’t know of. The recruits and coaches don’t owe putting out every single detail of the recruiting process just so fans can talk at length and predict the future.

I’m not that worried about it. You look at our current roster and see what we have been able to do out of the portal.

Doesn’t seem that the portal is likely to cool anytime soon and it means we have experienced players who truly know what they want choosing our program. This staff has said several times they are in a position to choose who they want to bring in rather than relying on commitments. No reason not to believe that.

Very possible that we cooled off on some of the others we saw commit elsewhere. I think we will have a great class of 2-3 for 2023 and probably continue to pull at least 1-2 talented players from the portal. Just seems to be a trend.

With 9 returnees in 2023 two and maximum of three high school players is going to be it. We'll look portal to replace Jackson, and Horston and I think there will again be players of their caliber ready to transfer. My wish is a big like Delrosario and a point guard and any of the wing players we are recruiting. You can never be certain someone has not already committed and wants to remain silent until closer to signing day, Also if it goes the other way and we don't sign any freshmen not worried as you could easily add four transfers to nine returnees and have an elite team.

Reactions: PRG and Volfan2012
With 9 returnees in 2023 two and maximum of three high school players is going to be it. We'll look portal to replace Jackson, and Horston and I think there will again be players of their caliber ready to transfer. My wish is a big like Delrosario and a point guard and any of the wing players we are recruiting. You can never be certain someone has not already committed and wants to remain silent until closer to signing day, Also if it goes the other way and we don't sign any freshmen not worried as you could easily add four transfers to nine returnees and have an elite team.

Tennessee would take four. Those four would be ADR, Velez, Booker and Johnson. Tennessee isn’t turning any of them away if they want to come.

I just can’t understand the purpose of some people getting so caught up in HS recruiting to this level. Maybe I would understand this kind of obsession if the clipboard was completely bare at Tennessee.

However, the roster is filled with quality players both experienced and young. People changed the narrative from no All-American talent outside of Horston to now there’s only one All-American talent signee since 2021 from HS 😂 after Tennessee signed Justine Pissott when Rickea Jackson and Julian Hollingshead committed out of the portal. Alongside all conference players Jasmine Powell and Jasmine Franklin. A roster skilled enough to enter the season ranked #4 in a Pre-Season poll.

Truth is, there’s a lot of things going on that fans just don’t know of. The recruits and coaches don’t owe putting out every single detail of the recruiting process just so fans can talk at length and predict the future.

The last three years with COVID and injuries…. We have held our own and Kellie has them improving annually! Even Darth has finally stopped his tirade against her . Most have pointed out that you need some All Americans on the team to compete with the top programs . We have only had Horston for the last three years and lost her late last year or we might have won a few more games ? But this year should thrust us into contention with just about any team ! We needed a point guard and Powell appears to have two years to help there . We needed more AA’s and Jackson and Hollingshead along with Horston should give us an edge against all comers! Should be a good year for us ?

But looking ahead to 2023-24 ….. we still have most of the pieces for a good team . Granted we could lose a lot but most of those probably turning pro …. They could use another year due to COVID! Just Saying!

We should still have point guards of Powell and Miles . A post of Hollingshead with Stricklin as back up . Then there’s Pissott, Darby, Suarez, Puckett, and Wynn . THIS IS A PRETTY GOOD TEAM ! We still have two AA players and a good group of girls left …. In 2023 class we still have Seven of the top 30 players still in contention to becoming a Lady Vol ! 2024 class top ten class has offers to seven of them ! Going to be fun to watch the next few years ….., 🤔

For <<<<<<MY>>>>>> sanity, I need a domino to fall! Just in case anyone needed any clarification! I’m glad everyone is happy about our portal success and I am too, but I’d rather not have to rely on the portal year in and year out. THATS JUST ME!

I agree. Kellie is doing just fine.

VN Store

Back