2023 Recruiting

Hello everyone, I am a huge Lady Vols fan that currently lives in Louisville, KY by way of Houston, MS. I just wanted to share this young lady. She is a quality young lady that comes from a wonderful family. I attended Morehead State University with her father. I feel that she could be a real asset to the Lady Vols. Glad to be a part of the community thanks for having me. Haven Ford.jpg

Was this a unofficial visit ? #30 ranked (HG) 2023 class . 5’7” guard from Virginia? Justine post ? Can we assume by her height that she is a point guard ? Ranked a little higher than Velez …. 🤷‍♂️

nowhere near the speed or handles of Velez,,,and a shoot first guard...not sold on this player ahead of the "anklebreaker"
Nope.

Last edited:
nowhere near the speed or handles of Velez,,,and a shoot first guard...not sold on this player ahead of the "anklebreaker"
Nope.

Coach ….. I have seen Velez play 5 or 6 times and I really like her ! I don’t know the lady from Virginia but assuming you know enough to compare? They are both 5’7” tall but Velez is built like a street corner fire hydrant…. Really solid and fiesta ! Kymora looks like she could be out physicaled by bigger stronger guards ?

All of this is speculation and we don’t have a verbal from either! I am guessing the coaches will take the first to commit? A top 30 player is nothing to look down on ….. Justine was a top 30 before moving up the charts . I am in the mind set of taking a point guard every year ! Some may disagree but there are games/times that you need all ball handlers in the game just to maintain control of the game and time is on your side ! JMO

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Coach ….. I have seen Velez play 5 or 6 times and I really like her ! I don’t know the lady from Virginia but assuming you know enough to compare? They are both 5’7” tall but Velez is built like a street corner fire hydrant…. Really solid and fiesta ! Kymora looks like she could be out physicaled by bigger stronger guards ?

All of this is speculation and we don’t have a verbal from either! I am guessing the coaches will take the first to commit? A top 30 player is nothing to look down on ….. Justine was a top 30 before moving up the charts . I am in the mind set of taking a point guard every year ! Some may disagree but there are games/times that you need all ball handlers in the game just to maintain control of the game and time is on your side ! JMO

I looked at video's of both and in my not-so-humble opinion,,,Velez has an SEC ready body, desire and BH skillset/ I see what you see in Kymora, she looks a little easier to move, defend and displace.

But in the end it will be Coach K and co's decision,,not mine.

I also agree with keeping at least 3 PG's in the pocket.
Brooklynn has proven to be invaluable as a defensive dog
Jordan W has the heart of a lion and her shot has improved
Jazzy Powell is an elite distributor and can also defend like Miles
We will lose JW and Powell is optional for another year (covid)

SO putting a distributor/defender/BHer is much more important to me than a scoring guard

JMO
;o)

Hello everyone, I am a huge Lady Vols fan that currently lives in Louisville, KY by way of Houston, MS. I just wanted to share this young lady. She is a quality young lady that comes from a wonderful family. I attended Morehead State University with her father. I feel that she could be a real asset to the Lady Vols. Glad to be a part of the community thanks for having me. View attachment 476966

Thank you and welcome 😄

My take is Velez is the better handler of the ball and passer more of a point guard. Kymora looks more like a two guard to me and is definitely the better shooter of the two players. Kymora is a stocky girl not really suited for point guard position. She has a nice shooting stroke. I figure any player that wants to commit in the top 30 or forty will be accepted when they decide on a school. I don't see us holding off on these type players while someone else makes a decision.

Hello everyone, I am a huge Lady Vols fan that currently lives in Louisville, KY by way of Houston, MS. I just wanted to share this young lady. She is a quality young lady that comes from a wonderful family. I attended Morehead State University with her father. I feel that she could be a real asset to the Lady Vols. Glad to be a part of the community thanks for having me. View attachment 476966
Thanks I checked her out on video has good quickness and a really nice shooting stroke from the three. A little surprised she is not a highly recruited player has a lot of ability both handling and passing the ball.

Thanks I checked her out on video has good quickness and a really nice shooting stroke from the three. A little surprised she is not a highly recruited player has a lot of ability both handling and passing the ball.
Her stroke was nice, but her passing was what I am most excited about. The young lady has vision.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back