2023 Recruiting

How bizarre is this? She goes to UConn's game on an unofficial visit, leaves halfway through the 2nd half, and then...what? Commits on the plane? Seems that she made her decision right quick if other coaches were unfollowing her by the next morning. Strange...
I have heard that Geno has been known to offer a player during a visit and expect them to commit on the spot.

🍿👀... does thou smell something foul afoot?

Not necessarily foul...just weird. It was an unofficial visit, she left during the game without having some sort of closing conversation with the staff, and then committed the next day. I could see if she committed after an official visit, but this sequencing seems like an impulse decision (or she had made her decision before the visit).

i am curious if it will have an impact on Cambridge.

I think that Cambridge will pick a school where she isn't going to be designated as a backup for her career. I can see her willing to be a role player for 1, maybe 2 years...but will expect to be starting as a junior. So...no UConn, Stanford or SC because all will likely have top tier PGs in the class ahead of her.

Cambridge wants to go to a national championship Condender
She doesn't have an offer from UCONN yet but it's coming and I personally think that is the one she is waiting for. I have heard she really likes them and SC .... we will see
Interesting, if those two schools have Arnold and Fulwilley from the class before her. She may get a NC there, but wouldn't be the engine driving the train.

She doesn't have an offer from UCONN yet but it's coming and I personally think that is the one she is waiting for. I have heard she really likes them and SC .... we will see

I greatly hope not. Once upon a time there was value in choosing to make a place a national title contender by going there and building it. Not to mention the idea of home state girls blowing off Tennessee to play at Connecticut, something that's incredibly disappointing. So much of this state's passion and support for women's basketball came from the three decades of work Pat put into the University of Tennessee, building interest which became opportunities for those who came after. To sign up with the program and the people who have most mocked and scorned both Summitt and the many fans in this state is disheartening.

In other words, she doesn't see Tennessee as a contender... now or in a couple of years.

But 15-1 y'all...

Reactions: olddog and Memvol44

If she goes to SC they'd be losing out on the #8 player in their own backyard... 😏

Also it'll be interesting to see if TN makes a tourney run.

kiyomi-mcmiller

If she goes to SC they'd be losing out on the #8 player in their own backyard... 😏

Also it'll be interesting to see if TN makes a tourney run.

kiyomi-mcmiller

I don’t see how you could lose with either. McMiller reminds me of a female Iverson (watch her tape and you’ll se why). She’s originally from Maryland and plays AAU with Fairfax Stars so I don’t think playing HS ball in SC means much. Similar situation to Velez and Del-Rosario in TN. They likely moved to those schools to get noticed by more Colleges in the south.

In other words, she doesn't see Tennessee as a contender... now or in a couple of years.

But 15-1 y'all...
She may surprise everyone but from what i know and have heard from sources who know her personally TN is not where she wants to go. Now she does live in Nashville and her sister plays at Vanderbilt I seriously doubt that has any pull for them but could always be blind sided
I see her fitting well at SC she plays similar to Cooke I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't commit to them

But 15-1 y'all...
The truth is, it doesn’t matter if Shade or Cambridge or any other top recruit doesn’t want to come to Tenn. Kellie has this program on the upswing and she is going to figure out how to get it done regardless. Players will be begging to play here and you will continue to struggle to invent new clever posts, memes and gifs to keep your life interesting while boring ours.

Not necessarily foul...just weird. It was an unofficial visit, she left during the game without having some sort of closing conversation with the staff, and then committed the next day. I could see if she committed after an official visit, but this sequencing seems like an impulse decision (or she had made her decision before the visit).

I think that Cambridge will pick a school where she isn't going to be designated as a backup for her career. I can see her willing to be a role player for 1, maybe 2 years...but will expect to be starting as a junior. So...no UConn, Stanford or SC because all will likely have top tier PGs in the class ahead of her.

If that's the case then she ought to take a hard look at how Kellie is playing her freshman point guard,

If that's the case then she ought to take a hard look at how Kellie is playing her freshman point guard,

What she might be concerned about is hearing that Brooklyn had to EARN that playing time. They all think they’re Paige now and they’re going to walk in to UCONN and start day 1.

News flash, you’re gonna ride the pine for 3 seasons.

I don’t see how you could lose with either. McMiller reminds me of a female Iverson (watch her tape and you’ll se why). She’s originally from Maryland and plays AAU with Fairfax Stars so I don’t think playing HS ball in SC means much. Similar situation to Velez and Del-Rosario in TN. They likely moved to those schools to get noticed by more Colleges in the south.

i agree ... cambridge could possibly be an easier get than Mcmiller for Staley

Reactions: Mr.Pivot
Kellie has this program on the upswing and she is going to figure out how to get it done regardless.

So they keep saying. And UConn is on the downswing. You can keep trying to delude yourself, hell some of you may actually believe it, but unfortunately the opinions that really matter ain't buying it.

15-1? Jaloni don't care...

russell-westbrook-yawn.gif

Reactions: lfvol and olddog
And1 said: Kellie has this program on the upswing and she is going to figure out how to get it done regardless.
So they keep saying. And UConn is on the downswing. You can keep trying to delude yourself, hell some of you may actually believe it, but unfortunately the opinions that really matter ain't buying it.

15-1? Jaloni don't care...

russell-westbrook-yawn.gif

So you are actively, publicly predicting that Kellie will fail as LV coach at UT.

VN Store

Back