2023 Recruiting

Looks like she wasn't able to land most of her '22 targets. Justine will probably be a good player, but she needed more with Rennia and Rae leaving in back to back years, and Jordan and Tamari leaving after the '22s freshman year. If she doesn't get some elite '23 talent, Kellie will have a rough road ahead of her.

Looks like she wasn't able to land most of her '22 targets. Justine will probably be a good player, but she needed more with Rennia and Rae leaving in back to back years, and Jordan and Tamari leaving after the '22s freshman year. If she doesn't get some elite '23 talent, Kellie will have a rough road ahead of her.
Is 22 recruiting over? I didn’t think so.

She has to get an elite creator or two before 2023 or just settle into meh. It’s concerning that the top 2022s are becoming limited but we don’t need another NCST situation. So, it’s beginning to look like she’s going to have to do it via transfer. And, I’d hope she is looking at her staff objectively.

The future is anyones best guess. Kellie has a style of play she prefers. Size and shooting are important to that style. In this last class, she landed players with diversified skill sets and the ability to score from pretty much everywhere (within reason). This next class has a tall outside shooter already committed and we're in the running for some very good players as well. I don't know if it's accurate to say she was unable to land most of her targets but I have not paid much attention to the commitment list. Once all is said and done, I believe she will get her players whether it be by traditional recruiting or portal recruiting.

Who's left at the top of the board that has Tennessee as a finalist where they are a frontrunner? Barker is a very long shot, as is Smith.

What is she supposed to do? She can't force top prospects to come here. I'm sure she's doing her best...

Who's left at the top of the board that has Tennessee as a finalist where they are a frontrunner? Barker is a very long shot, as is Smith.
That was really just a question, not a clap back. I really thought we were several months away on ‘22 commitments.

Reactions: GameTime
That was really just a question, not a clap back. I really thought we were several months away on ‘22 commitments.
7 of HG top 11 are committed, 3 of Prospect Nation top 6 are committed , 4 of Blue Star top 6 are committed, All 4 of ASGR top 4 are committed and 7 of top 12. It looks like the 22's are going early

Reactions: lfvol
7 of HG top 11 are committed, 3 of Prospect Nation top 6 are committed , 4 of Blue Star top 6 are committed, All 4 of ASGR top 4 are committed and 7 of top 12. It looks like the 22's are going early
Thanks! Wonder if this transfer and play immediately thing is making kids commit earlier.
As Alice said this gets “curiouser and curiouser”.

Thanks! Wonder if this transfer and play immediately thing is making kids commit earlier.
As Alice said this gets “curiouser and curiouser”.
I think you are on to something. I was wondering why so many were committing but you're right, they could be thinking they better reserve a spot on the roster.

Reactions: Lucy
The future is anyones best guess. Kellie has a style of play she prefers. Size and shooting are important to that style. In this last class, she landed players with diversified skill sets and the ability to score from pretty much everywhere (within reason). This next class has a tall outside shooter already committed and we're in the running for some very good players as well. I don't know if it's accurate to say she was unable to land most of her targets but I have not paid much attention to the commitment list. Once all is said and done, I believe she will get her players whether it be by traditional recruiting or portal recruiting.

I would like, and actually expect, KJH to get two (or maybe even three) players rated higher than Justine. If they play the right positions it could be a cornerstone class.

We all know that response was coming, might as well be me... 🤷

Some others I've seen
Might never be mean
Might never be cross, or try to be boss
But they wouldn't do

It had to be you
It had to be you
I wandered around and finally found
That somebody who
Could make me be true
And could make me be blue
And even be glad