2023 Recruiting

He is a baseball player on his High School team. listed at 6'-3", 190 lbs, first baseman and pitcher. bats left, throws right. Can't find anything on his recruitment.

This family traveled over five hours ….. stayed somewhere? And spent the weekend on their own dime ??? Just for Ashlynn ONLY ! And the teenaged brother came along just to support his sister ! I don’t think so ……

Have you ever tried to get a teenager to go anywhere ( that’s not in THEIR OWN INTERESTS) ! To leave their friends and girl/boy friends and spend a weekend!

Both of these kids are interested in the University of Tennessee ….. Plain and simple,
End of Story …….

This family traveled over five hours ….. stayed somewhere? And spent the weekend on their own dime ??? Just for Ashlynn ONLY ! And the teenaged brother came along just to support his sister ! I don’t think so ……

Have you ever tried to get a teenager to go anywhere ( that’s not in THEIR OWN INTERESTS) ! To leave their friends and girl/boy friends and spend a weekend!

Both of these kids are interested in the University of Tennessee ….. Plain and simple,
End of Story …….

i think the question with the brother is CTV interested in him? We know Kellie wants Ashlynn😂

If you go back and look at some of their stuff they are a family that truly supports one another so i could see him going to her stuff and she his. They said they were best friends

Mr. Shade/Ashlynn if you are on this board please don't hold the way the football fans are acting and throwing things against us😩

Your daughter will be looked after and supported and LV games get rowdy but not crazy ! We are crazy passionate not idiot crazy (well the vast majority)

Last edited:
Mr. Shade/Ashlynn if you are on this board please don't hold the way the football fans are acting and throwing things against us😩

Your daughter will be looked after and supported and LV games get rowdy but not crazy ! We are crazy passionate not idiot crazy (well the vast majority)
Yeah horrible look for TN

Shame how much difference a yard can make. That fourth-down gets converted and Tennessee pulls out a last-minute game-winning TD, and the visitors would have been treated to a thrilling comeback.

Instead, they get to witness an ugly finish that makes the fan base look like Redneck Holler.

The fact that the cheerleaders, dance team, and band were getting pelted just illustrates how over-the-top this incident got.

One of our closest friends (we sit with her at church and house-sit for her when she's away from home) was working security at Neyland tonight. Her take on all this is going to be interesting.

Shame how much difference a yard can make. That fourth-down gets converted and Tennessee pulls out a last-minute game-winning TD, and the visitors would have been treated to a thrilling comeback.

Instead, they get to witness an ugly finish that makes the fan base look like Redneck Holler.

The fact that the cheerleaders, dance team, and band were getting pelted just illustrates how over-the-top this incident got.

One of our closest friends (we sit with her at church and house-sit for her when she's away from home) was working security at Neyland tonight. Her take on all this is going to be interesting.

My take is that it was the worst thing I think I've ever seen at a UT sporting event. I can't ever remember feeling angry at Tennessee fans. The administration needs to stop selling alcohol in Neyland after that redneck behavior.

“ “The Conference has established expectations for behavior and sportsmanship, and the actions of fans at Saturday night’s game were unacceptable under any circumstances," SEC commissioner Greg Sankey said in a statement.”

Hopefully 16-18 year old recruits found it funny😂
Such recruits may share parents with the hooligans who threw bottles and trash. Do we want such low-character people on our teams?

My take is that it was the worst thing I think I've ever seen at a UT sporting event. I can't ever remember feeling angry at Tennessee fans. The administration needs to stop selling alcohol in Neyland after that redneck behavior.

all those water bottles were full of alcohol?

“ “The Conference has established expectations for behavior and sportsmanship, and the actions of fans at Saturday night’s game were unacceptable under any circumstances," SEC commissioner Greg Sankey said in a statement.”

"Well, the fans have established expectations for the officiating, and the actions of officials at Saturday night’s game were unacceptable under any circumstances," said 100,000 pissed off people who just spent five hours drinking because of all of the fake injuries used as a tactic to stall their offense, and had to put up with yet another "once in a century" call that no one had ever seen before which took points off the board.

People have had enough of a rigged game. And the SEC office had best listen because the UT fanbase is not the only one which is tired of it. Not by a longshot.

From early this morning, while the 7:30 start of our football game was still going on:

I‘ve been proud of our fans this whole day and game, they came, they’ve worked hard all game, they’re still working hard with 18 seconds left, after more than 4 and a half hours, so far, of this game which saw bad calls, bad spots, a TN touchdown erased, and uncountable “injuries,” which caused so many delays. If I were a recruit I’d come here in a second, we got fans who care, and I love them! Yeah, the media get a story over some understandably frustrated fans who stayed and cheered their team for almost 5 hours, and that doesn't even include the Volwalk, and we will be criticized unmercifully by the talking heads now and on next Gameday, and others, but I just saw people come back down the stands after probably being told to leave, to cheer their team with seconds left. I understand why people will criticize, or act “shocked,” oh my, but for me, It’s Great to be a Tennessee Vol!

Last edited:
Reactions: Benionsopinion

Such recruits may share parents with the hooligans who threw bottles and trash. Do we want such low-character people on our teams?
Really reaching there. Just stop. The behavior is a black eye to UT. What an embarrassment. This will hurt LV recruiting with the recruits in attendance.
And the crappy thing is it was such a positive until a couple hundred a*** felt they were so special, so entitled that they could hurl trash on the field when calls didn’t go the way they wanted.

Really reaching there. Just stop. The behavior is a black eye to UT. What an embarrassment. This will hurt LV recruiting with the recruits in attendance.
And the crappy thing is it was such a positive until a couple hundred a*** felt they were so special, so entitled that they could hurl trash on the field when calls didn’t go the way they wanted.

I started this on here and i truly think our recruits will see this for what it is... a couple hundred being idiots out of many thousands in the stands.

I mean our fans are passionate just look at us , look at volleyball, soccer, softball, and baseball last year was NUTS. That's what i hope they take away. The important part will be how UT moves forward and addresses this.

Ashlynn and her family seem like good people but they come from Indiana where basketball rules so they probably know something about a rowdy fan or 2. All in all i'm sure Kellie and her coaches were all over it checking on the Shades and making sure they feel comfortable.

Like Coach Heupel said terrible that what was a small portion of fans at the game changed what the narrative of the game would be. How the majority of fans supported the team in a sportsmanlike way and a minority ruined it for all.

For any prospective athletes there doubt you are going to find any school where there are not a few crazies they are everywhere in every state, town, University. Some people just don't know how to act other than in some juvenile way that was dangerous not only to opponents players but our own players. I didn't like how the officiating went in the game as well, we got cheated many times. You still can't resort to violent acts and juvenile activity.

VN Store

Back