2023 Recruiting

Why? U kn something
No just reading what others are saying online on message boards and twitter..seems as Booker is Leaning Texas Seems like Velez is either Syracuse or LSU I see her fitting better with those to be honest doesn’t seem like your typical LV PG but Uber talented I would take her in a minute as a LV and it sounds like the NIL LSU money is gonna win again. I think Rosario is gonna go to either LSU or NC just a feeling only..

Reactions: mcannon1 and sisaq
No just reading what others are saying online on message boards and twitter..seems as Booker is Leaning Texas Seems like Velez is either Syracuse or LSU I see her fitting better with those to be honest doesn’t seem like your typical LV PG but Uber talented I would take her in a minute as a LV and it sounds like the NIL LSU money is gonna win again. I think Rosario is gonna go to either LSU or NC just a feeling only..

I don't kn how this NIL works. WHy can't Kellie improve it?

I don't kn how this NIL works. WHy can't Kellie improve it?
Not sure its anything Harper can do, a lot of NIL opportunities are out of coaches control. A lot of programs have people who work behind the scenes to connect with different businesses/organizations for NIL opportunities. I'm pretty sure that is the reason why just in the last year you have seen a lot of programs hire people on staff that directly handle that stuff, its complex and takes a lot of work.

But I don't know every recruits intentions on why they choose a school so I hope Velez made it for the correct reasons (love for whatever program/school) than going for $$$. In the end we want kids who WANT to be here, if she doesn't, next person up. Lots of talented players out there. I have no doubt Harper will get them, whether its via recruiting this fall or the portal later this spring. Tennessee will be fine moving forward.

Last edited:
We never were talked about as a joke on the recruiting trail, as for on the court, Kellie hasn't gone as far as Holly in NCAA or SEC. However, keep living in your dream version of the past. Meanwhile, she has signed one major talent, out of high school!. Only one. One only would have to wonder what Holly could have done in the age of transfers. And, that one, has yet, to play a game. She has made her living off Holly's efforts on the recruiting field. So, at least not trash the our former proud tradition by not knowing it. Until recently, Tennessee, was always a top for force on the recruiting trail.Until Kelly can prove that she can do that, but at least a second star player out of high school, we're all going to have to still wonder what happened to our proud tradition. Until Kelly makes the final eight, we're all going to have to still wonder what happened to our proud tradition. And until Kelly wins an SEC tournament. We're all going to have to wonder what happened to our proud tradition. And in case you didn't know, those are all things Holly did.

Holly would have done nothing. It would have been worse than now. The Lady Vol mafia needs to go away. They are the problem. UT should be hiring the best coach available not an ex Lady Vol that has won nothing. That is the problem.

Holly would have done nothing. It would have been worse than now. The Lady Vol mafia needs to go away. They are the problem. UT should be hiring the best coach available not an ex Lady Vol that has won nothing. That is the problem.

Exactly. I'm glad where TN is now cause it could've been worse for us to fall like LA Tech under Holly

Reactions: PRG
I can't agree with any high school class being a make or break class for Coach Kellie....As long as she can bring in top super "experienced talent" through the transfer portal, like she did this past off season, she should be fine...

Winning is everything....
8990292.jpg

I can't agree with any high school class being a make or break class for Coach Kellie....As long as she can bring in top super "experienced talent" through the transfer portal, like she did this past off season, she should be fine...

Winning is everything....
8990292.jpg
If your living out of there your not going to win championships. If your dipping to help for the year you have a chance. UT is not just dipping

For all you woe is me people who want to complain about recruiting instead of being happy about the possibilities of what this year’s team may accomplish, (and how more success this year will be good for future recruiting), let me remind you we already have ten players for 2023. ALL will have experience from playing and practicing together this year.

Powell (who has said she wants to play two years), Miles, Edie, Tess, Sara, Marta, Justine, Wynn, Striplin, and Jillian Hollingshead already look like a fine team, but I’m sure we’ll add to them. As anyone can see, we already cover point, outside shooters, extra defense, and tall strong under the basket player positions. There will be many options for adding more players, not just from high school, but from the portal, as we all have seen.

We’ll be fine, and look very good already. I trust Kellie, Sam, and Joy to recruit more great players, but mainly right now I am impatiently waiting for this season to start, I really can’t wait to see our team play!

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Last edited:
The Athletic Department would only fire Kellie if the program goes backwards. She has changed the culture, hired an excellent staff, and receives support from almost all fans. The program has moved beyond the obstacle of COVID and continues to recover from Pat’s death, which was devastating for so many including the program. WNCAA basketball enjoys the parity Pat worked for so hard. And dynasties are things of the past.

Kellie will get a natty at some point. Her MState team was always excellent; she took the team to a Sweet 16.

Lay off.

It makes no sense that LSU would have more NIL sway than the LVs. As a native of Baton Rouge, it is well known around LSU circles about concerns about how LSU might not be competitive with NIL due to how poor the area is, that Louisiana is always in the bottom 3 in having successful companies (the bedrock for NILs) and #1 in brain drain (college graduates leaving the state). Moreover, LSU is such a football, baseball, and gymnastics school (leads nation in attendance for the latter 2) that both the men's and women's basketball only draw crowds if they are very good. LSU NIL money mostly goes to the above sport, with an LSU gymnast scoring a huge deal. I think that their recruiting success now has much more to do with having Kim as head coach and the best 2023 player being from Louisiana making the odds for the 2023nsignees being on a national championship team than NIL.

It makes no sense that LSU would have more NIL sway than the LVs. As a native of Baton Rouge, it is well known around LSU circles about concerns about how LSU might not be competitive with NIL due to how poor the area is, that Louisiana is always in the bottom 3 in having successful companies (the bedrock for NILs) and #1 in brain drain (college graduates leaving the state). Moreover, LSU is such a football, baseball, and gymnastics school (leads nation in attendance for the latter 2) that both the men's and women's basketball only draw crowds if they are very good. LSU NIL money mostly goes to the above sport, with an LSU gymnast scoring a huge deal. I think that their recruiting success now has much more to do with having Kim as head coach and the best 2023 player being from Louisiana making the odds for the 2023nsignees being on a national championship team than NIL.
Pretty sure LSU has found ways to throw money at players. Kim is why these streams have opened and that money is no doubt helping recruiting efforts.

Imma move my goal post, cause I said the same thing a couple of years ago. I’d say the 2024 class is now her make or break class. 🥹
For me, what's make or break is how we perform on the floor this season with the talent we will have. If we can get to the final four, we will get elite 2024 recruits, and good transfers to help us for '23. This season will show what Kellie's mettle is as a coach.

Pretty sure LSU has found ways to throw money at players. Kim is why these streams have opened and that money is no doubt helping recruiting efforts.
She is a master at raising money. If I recall in a article by the Atlantic she raised about 1.5 million dollars from boosters and others within 10 days of being hired. Sadly I have no doubt they are using that to spearhead recruiting. I will say I do think Williams commitment was probably sincere. Angel Reese it’s clear as day they paid her

Reactions: sisaq and PRG
She is a master at raising money. If I recall in a article by the Atlantic she raised about 1.5 million dollars from boosters and others within 10 days of being hired. Sadly I have no doubt they are using that to spearhead recruiting. I will say I do think Williams commitment was probably sincere. Angel Reese it’s clear as day they paid her

Wat ever she's doing Kellie needs to be 2 steps ahead of her. This is no more pats & Geno's time.This is a whole another level of Women BB & recruits. "SHE CAN'T BE SWIMING WITH SOAPS IN HER EYES". My father always says, " When u see ppl all of a sudden starts running, don't wait to ask why they're running, join the run because u may save ur life at that point.

If your living out of there your not going to win championships. If your dipping to help for the year you have a chance. UT is not just dipping
Just picked up three five star players and one player that has proven to be a five star and one four star player in the portal and high school no reason you can't do that every year. One or two high school players and make up the rest in the portal is something that you could do every season.

Just picked up three five star players and one player that has proven to be a five star and one four star player in the portal and high school no reason you can't do that every year. One or two high school players and make up the rest in the portal is something that you could do every season.

Due to NIL, the portal may be a bit more dry in future years. NIL deals can be structured so that the player is financially staked to the university that they signed with.

The thing is you go out and hire two of the BEST RECRUITERS in the country with all types of ties in the AAU circuit, get recruits interested get them on campus everything thats in the scope of job description of rejuvenating this program making it interesting again but whats not in the job description is closing that kellie job this is concerning...especially when a recruit has been on campus FIVE times

Last edited:
After covid year stuff will we go back to transfers having to sit out a year. Bad on me not knowing, I should try to “keep up!”🙄

LVsinceJV, I agree 100%. And while I can't remember the last time -- if ever -- our Lady Vols have made it through a season without any disappointing injury setbacks that altered expectations and results, I am constantly saying to friends that if we could just catch a break one damn time and actually get to see how this year's full and healthy roster can compete, then that would really be something. Like you and others know, if this roster stays healthy, it SHOULD result in Kellie's best season as a head coach. Fingers crossed! 🤞🏻

This is Kellie's make or break recruiting class

I don’t agree about recruiting! I agree about winning……

Someone made a profound statement !
“ If you build it , they will come !”

Every year we see improvement. First a three month recruiting class . Then a WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC, with no tournament! Then a top 15 recruiting class . Then a top #11 freshman and the best portal hall ……. Now if we win , they will come ! Just My Opinion

You have to prove you can play with the South Carolina’s, UConn’s, Stanford’s ! Don’t we play them this year …… let’s see how this season goes ? Then all you nae sayer’s can come back out of your cave’s .

VN Store

Back