2023 Recruiting Thread

Great. Now look at the current top 25 where #14 would put Tennessee tied with Arkansas as the 5th best team in the SEC genius...

EiqEpQd.gif

I have to ask...you've been big on the Alien references for Darth. What's the inside joke?

Random but i love those movies lol ...

Oh and hoping to real in a big fish with the class of 2023 hook! We seem to be high on numbers and with the transfer portal that opens up new possibilities. I hope Kellie isn’t just a nice coach and brings in the best talent by any (legal/professional) means necessary and if transfers occur so be it.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Could the person that linked the 21-23 composite rankings a couple of weeks ago start a new thread titled Composite recruiting rankings please? It would make referencing easier as we hear news. Thanks for the considering it.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
JMO but they have to stop losing to the likes of MSU, UK, TAMU, Ark, etc.... and for heavens sake, put some distance between Alabama. They have to compete with the UConns and Stanfords and win their fair share. Thats where they were when they were "THE" program and what I believe it will take to satisfy the vocal part of the fan base.

1.January 17 2021 Tenn 82 vs Alabama 56

2. January 21 2021 Tenn 61 vs UConn 67

I feel like the top 1-4 ranked classes, as long as they are surrounded with other solid classes can generally be counted on to be very good. Although we LV fans know there are no guarantees even for top classes.
For the next 10-15 ranked recruiting classes I think it is more about filling weak spots. Can the coaches help develop the players? Is there good team chemistry? Can you stay away from the big injuries, transfers and “what were you thinking” moments. If those things fall in line you can absolutely have a final four contender without the super gaudy rating. Don’t get me wrong, I would take gaudy but rankings aren’t always destiny. Ask UK men’s BB about it.

I feel like the top 1-4 ranked classes, as long as they are surrounded with other solid classes can generally be counted on to be very good. Although we LV fans know there are no guarantees even for top classes.
For the next 10-15 ranked recruiting classes I think it is more about filling weak spots. Can the coaches help develop the players? Is there good team chemistry? Can you stay away from the big injuries, transfers and “what were you thinking” moments. If those things fall in line you can absolutely have a final four contender without the super gaudy rating. Don’t get me wrong, I would take gaudy but rankings aren’t always destiny. Ask UK men’s BB about it.

The roster base is being rebuilt with the solid 21 class after a weak 2020. Starting 2022, it isn’t about class rank, it’s about adding a couple of elite kids, with at least one top ten at worst.

VN Store

Back