2023 Recruiting Thread

Would Pat offer this player ? The direction seems a bit different in recruiting with this administration . Im hoping this offer was with the intent that Ashlynn will vastly improve over the next 3 years ! Otherwise i see Missouri St. Sr at this program . Hurts to say that may be a step forward for us at this point ?

Would Pat offer this player ? The direction seems a bit different in recruiting with this administration . Im hoping this offer was with the intent that Ashlynn will vastly improve over the next 3 years ! Otherwise i see Missouri St. Sr at this program . Hurts to say that may be a step forward for us at this point ?

A Missouri State player? She has 10 offers besides us from Power 5 conference schools two of those schools being in the preseason top 10 with Mississippi State (not Missouri state but mississippi) and UCLA. She also has an offer from UNC which a lot of people were talking about her talent haul. I think Pat would also appreciate she was 1 of 15 sophomores across the country to be invited to the wooten. Would Pat offer her i don’t know but it’s not like she doesn’t have other division 1 offers as a freshman from some pretty good schools.

There's not much to go on in that short shooting-drill video, but I certainly like what I did see out of Shade. She looks a fine young player with a lithe build that'll serve her well, not to mention a respectable rise on her jump-shot. And only a freshman? You can tell by the way she moves she's got tremendous potential. Yeah, she's gonna be a keeper for whichever D1 program she chooses. Hope it's Tennessee.

This girl is going to be FABULOUS!!!!
fDxQVsE-.jpg

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

I'm not quite sure what the issue is with this offer?

Shade is a very good athlete and basketball player. She averaged 20.1 PPG and 6.7 RPG as a freshman, playing against some really good competition. She had a very good summer on the AAU circuit, which led to her picking up numerous P5 offers. She also had a very good showing at the Wooten top-150 camp, and was among eight finalists in the 1-on-1 contest. She is currently ranked #9 in the country by ASGR.

Given Ashlynn's accomplishments, rankings, etc., she is not a Missouri State-level player -- and neither is Justine.

I'm not quite sure what the issue is with this offer?

Shade is a very good athlete and basketball player. She averaged 20.1 PPG and 6.7 RPG as a freshman, playing against some really good competition. She had a very good summer on the AAU circuit, which led to her picking up numerous P5 offers. She also had a very good showing at the Wooten top-150 camp, and was among eight finalists in the 1-on-1 contest. She is currently ranked #9 in the country by ASGR.

Given Ashlynn's accomplishments, rankings, etc., she is not a Missouri State-level player -- and neither is Justine.

Have u heard how any of our players did at the camp ?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Sure thing flip-flop. Nothing accentuates my point about the state of Lady Vol recruiting more than a UConn fan who thinks Kellie is doing a great job... at posing no threat for any player Geno wants.
Seeing as how you brought Geno into the discussion; When Geno had a lull in recruiting (he had a one player class and a two person class then 3 top players transferred), the boneyard was full of your type of comments. Has Geno lost his recruiting. Is he too old to recruit young players. This is typical stuff from casual fans who don't understand what's going on.

Last edited:
Seeing as how you brought Geno into the discussion; When Geno had a lull in recruiting (he had a one player class and a two person class then 3 top players transferred), the boneyard was full of your type of comments. Has Geno lost his recruiting. Is he too old to recruit young players. This is typical stuff from casual fans who don't understand what's going on.

Thanks flip-flop, I was just wondering what was going on at the boneyard. UConn fans are saying that because most of them are idiots, which is why I make it a point never to go there. When Kellie has an extensive history of signing top ranked players and 11 national championships, I'll be a lot more inclined to cut her some slack...

Kellie has never recruited at a high level to say that she's had a lull in recruiting so your analogy between her a Geno is off. Baylor's current recruiting is considered to be a lull. To Boneyard fans, a lull in recruiting is whenever a #1 ranked player doesn't commit to UConn.

Kellie has never recruited at a high level to say that she's had a lull in recruiting so your analogy between her a Geno is off. Baylor's current recruiting is considered to be a lull. To Boneyard fans, a lull in recruiting is whenever a #1 ranked player doesn't commit to UConn.

How long has Kellie coached lady vols to start comparing her with Geno recruit really?

Thanks flip-flop, I was just wondering what was going on at the boneyard. UConn fans are saying that because most of them are idiots, which is why I make it a point never to go there. When Kellie has an extensive history of signing top ranked players and 11 national championships, I'll be a lot more inclined to cut her some slack...
51y1re106XL.jpg

Seems like we are recruiting for 4th or 5th in the conference.

what makes you say that? The young lady above had a very good freshman year and was one of 15 people to be invited to a prestigious camp.

In the 22 class the LV and their coaches are following 3 of the top players which makes me think they are keeping track on them. out of those 3 only one has released a list of finalist and we are on it. Not saying any will sign but it doesn’t look like the lady vols are recruiting for 4th or 5th place...

I also think there will be transfers as the recruiting continues to bring in more top talent to make room.

When Kellie has an extensive history of signing top ranked players and 11 national championships, I'll be a lot more inclined to cut her some slack...

Why set such a low bar?

Well, at least you've acknowledged that you're "a lot more inclined" to cut Auriemma some slack. Wonder what results he will have to get before you'll actually cut him some slack? And what he'd have to do for you to finally say that he'd earned complete support?

There are people who are hard to please, and then there is a whole other level.

Why set such a low bar?

Well, at least you've acknowledged that you're "inclined" to cut Auriemma some slack. Wonder what results he will have to get before you'll actually cut him some slack. And what he'd have to do for you to finally say that he'd earned complete support?

There are people who are hard to please, and then there is a whole other level.

Amen Creek,,,, I have a few followers on here that fit that description

VN Store

Back