2023 Recruiting Thread

d6zpa1f-559954de-2180-4594-870f-212ecb433c06.gif
even better

Trust the grind darth, trust the grind. Recruiting is not a sprint. Kellie is performing quite well in spite of the situation presented to her.

Sure thing flip-flop. Nothing accentuates my point about the state of Lady Vol recruiting more than a UConn fan who thinks Kellie is doing a great job... at posing no threat for any player Geno wants.

Care to elaborate?

What are you not understanding? Scroll through this thread and you will see Kellie has offered many top 10 players in the 21 and 22 class. I'm not sure why you find her offers in the 23 class surprising or encouraging? The problem isn't that she hasn't offered elite prospects, the problem is, unlike some of her 1st and 2nd year big program coaching peers, she can't reel any of them in...

What are you not understanding? Scroll through this thread and you will see Kellie has offered many top 10 players in the 21 and 22 class. I'm not sure why you find her offers in the 23 class surprising or encouraging? The problem isn't that she hasn't offered elite prospects, the problem is, unlike some of her 1st and 2nd year big program coaching peers, she can't reel any of them in...

Rennia, Horston, Key, Burrell
Coach K has the highly ranked players already Garth,,,But she didn't have the role players...Now she has a PG option, A physical forward and a couple of gunners,,,with a potential immediate second five incoming in 2021 (If my 6th sense is working)

Stars are for galaxies,,,,we didn't need more stars,, we needed meteorites

Now, in 2023 I will be more on your page, but right now, we are on different chapters,,,no,,,,books!

I’ve read the thread. And it has not been clear at all we had offered top players in 2022 so yes, seeing reports we offered three of the ASGR top 11 in 23 was something positive.

But, your post said it wasn’t lack of offers or effort that was the problem. Are we not landing or even in the top group because we lack an elite recruiter? KJH isn’t a good closer? Stigma on the program? Current players don’t advocate for the staff and direction? We are out worked in recruiting? What is it? You implied you understood why she hasn’t broken through.

Rennia, Horston, Key, Burrell
Coach K has the highly ranked players already Garth,,,But she didn't have the role players...Now she has a PG option, A physical forward and a couple of gunners,,,with a potential immediate second five incoming in 2021 (If my 6th sense is working)

Stars are for galaxies,,,,we didn't need more stars,, we needed meteorites

Now, in 2023 I will be more on your page, but right now, we are on different chapters,,,no,,,,books!

In fairness, our talent last year at whatever spot we ran Lou Brown out in and the 5 was not good at all.

But, your post said it wasn’t lack of offers or effort that was the problem. Are we not landing or even in the top group because we lack an elite recruiter? KJH isn’t a good closer? Stigma on the program? Current players don’t advocate for the staff and direction? We are out worked in recruiting? What is it? You implied you understood why she hasn’t broken through.

This. I don't think Kellie is a good closer, and I'm afraid she didn't learn her lesson from NC State about the importance of having elite recruiters on the staff to compensate for her deficiencies...

I’ve read the thread. And it has not been clear at all we had offered top players in 2022 so yes, seeing reports we offered three of the ASGR top 11 in 23 was something positive.

23 is the year we need to be in top 10-15 player's consideration
We lose some top talent then
until then we have top talent that needs top role-players who could become top talent with coaching

Sure thing flip-flop. Nothing accentuates my point about the state of Lady Vol recruiting more than a UConn fan who thinks Kellie is doing a great job... at posing no threat for any player Geno wants.
i don't know if you understand how important you are to this board. I appreciate all you do as as a provocateur to stimulate dialogue. I do hope that somewhere in your life you can find some joy.

VN Store

Back