2023 NBA Draft & Offseason aka Dame Time Is a Storm in Which We Are All Lost

I’ve been gone for so long but what is this “we”? I thought you were a Utah fan lol

Haha. I've been in Phoenix for over 11 years now (and actually liked the Suns before I ever liked the Jazz because Barkley was my favorite player). I'm still a Jazz fan, but it's been hard to root for them when they're on TV 1x a year. I'm also Suns fan. If they clash, I'll root for the team with better title hopes. I'm a sports bigamist, and I'll take whatever **** I deserve for that. I move too much, LOL.

With the way NBA contracts are going, dude might've cost himself over $200m. He definitely would've been getting $100m+ on a rookie extension. He basically did an efficient 20, 7, 4, 1, and 1 at age 23. Such a waste. Even if you're a bad dude to your core, that still doesn't explain it, because you'd act right and get the bag. He and KPjr got loose screws.

Reactions: Rifleman
This is looking like it could be one of the best rookie classes ever. Pretty nuts:

Superstar-ish
Wemby
Holmgren
Miller

Already a playoff rotation guy
Podziemski
Lively
JJJ

This guy might be awesome
Ausar
Amen
K George
C Wallace
Whitmore
Coulibaly
GG

Competent
Jackson-Davis
Hawkins
Sasser
Andre Jackson Jr

Biggest disappointment
Scoot 🤔

He gets more and more annoying as the years go on.

After he says that Bronny could help the Lakers win right now and is better than some NBA players. He wants people to let him just enjoy ball. Lulz

Beal shot .579+ ts% (which is really good) 4 of the last 5 seasons and Dillon has never shot .535 which was average before the 3p era. Teams are letting Brooks shoot 3's and are trying to key on Beal. Now he'll be a 3rd option
I forgot you’re a Suns fan

sorry, he stinks
IDC who he's playing for, he's not comparable to Brooks in any way. I am worried about him. I'm not blinded by my fanhood to the point where I just love everything. I bashed Donovan Mitchell when he was on my team, if you recall.

The things that worry me about Beal are his D, his contract, his age, the fact that he hasn't been in big moments, has been too comfortable taking big $ on a bad team, and the fact that he misses a lot of games. The only thing that slightly worries me about his O is the turnovers could be a little better. The 3p shooting isn't great, but it's good enough that nobody is giving him spacing, and that matters more than anything. He's a great offensive player as a leading scorer who likes to play off ball and now he's a 3rd option. We lost to the Nuggets because there were 2+ guys on the floor basically at all times that they didn't have to respect from 3p.

As long as the 3 are healthy, we have the potential to outscore everybody.
dillon brooks is one of my least favorite players of all time. I would so much rather have him on my team than bradley beal.

dillon brooks is one of my least favorite players of all time. I would so much rather have him on my team than bradley beal.

I feel like I was right in my evaluation of what I should be concerned about, and I named a lot of concerns. Spacing was the one thing that I wasn't concerned about and he shot 43% from 3p in the regular season and 50% from 3p in the 4 playoff games.

He didn't play good D. He wilted in the big moments. He's got an albatross of a contract. He's older.

I guess the biggest issue this year was his health, which is not a concern I named.

I feel like I was right in my evaluation of what I should be concerned about, and I named a lot of concerns. Spacing was the one thing that I wasn't concerned about and he shot 43% from 3p in the regular season and 50% from 3p in the 4 playoff games.
No referendum intended either way. I think we were both right

Reactions: n_huffhines

He didn't play good D. He wilted in the big moments. He's got an albatross of a contract. He's older.

I guess the biggest issue this year was his health, which is not a concern I named.

You did, sort of.

“the fact that he misses a lot of games.”

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back