2022 World Series Analysis and Discussion Thread

If it ends up being a Notre Dame vs. Arkansas final series, I’m curious to see how it plays out. ND truly has a veteran, old lineup with attention to details. That goes a long way. ND kind of remind me of the Tennessee basketball 2018-2019 team with Grant, Admiral, Kyle, Bowden, Bone, and LaMonte. Unheralded, but experienced group of players.
I think ND’s experience prevails. Arky may be hot right now, but all in all I think ND is the better team.

Ole Miss is the one that ticks me off most. They fell of a cliff and were at one time in danger of not even making Hoover.
Yeah, Hoover……the 3 SEC teams in the Ole Miss side of the CWS bracket were 0-4 at Hoover. The team that swept through with out ever trailing? Tank strategy working….

Yeah, Hoover……the 3 SEC teams in the Ole Miss side of the CWS bracket were 0-4 at Hoover. The team that swept through with out ever trailing? Tank strategy working….
It's worse than just "tank," this year. I will forever believe that the SEC killed the Vols CWS Championship with their insane plan to protect the doubles elimination tourney at all costs. We played 4 straight games that ended the next day (or something close to it.) Athletes don't recover quickly from that type of effort.

1-5 if you include Aggies. Worthy of consideration next year. We should be good enough that our second stringers can win Hoover and the varsity win the CWS. Lol

Last edited:
Honestly next year I think we should go in and rest starters for the SECT. Winning it gets you nothing.
It meant something for the team and the fans.

4488F825-F8E9-48F7-9972-064F6B5678D8.jpeg

Next you are gonna say winning the SEC Regular season and being #1 all season gets you nothing too

Going 4-0 against Vandy (all away from Knoxville) gets you nothing too.

Last edited:
This game is taking FOREVER !
Texas only has two innings left to try to keep their season alive.

horns-down.gif

Only two innings left.

This would be one of those accepted antics that happens in baseball. I've always said it should be considered unsportsmanship when the dugout get involved in it but it has never been.

This would be one of those accepted antics that happens in baseball. I've always said it should be considered unsportsmanship when the dugout get involved in it but it has never been.

Learn something new every day.

Texas Aggies = king of the farmer's trash talk

VN Store

Back