2022 World Series Analysis and Discussion Thread

I only heard today that 4--count'em 4--SEC teams made the championship series. That IS painful. Very surprised that Mississippi is one of them.
I watched our series with them earlier this year--when they were ranked number 1 by a few outfits--and they seemed very overrated and not all that good, given that we swept the Rebels rather comfortably.

I refuse to call the championship series the college "world series" as that term is dumb for any any U.S. championship. I'd love to know how MLB's championship series came to be known as the World Series. It simply doesn't make any sense.

I only heard today that 4--count'em 4--SEC teams made the championship series. That IS painful. Very surprised that Mississippi is one of them.
I watched our series with them earlier this year--when they were ranked number 1 by a few outfits--and they seemed very overrated and not all that good, given that we swept the Rebels rather comfortably.

I refuse to call the championship series the college "world series" as that term is dumb for any any U.S. championship. I'd love to know how MLB's championship series came to be known as the World Series. It simply doesn't make any sense.
Ole Miss is the only one of the 64 teams in the tourney yet to lose a game. They have outscored opponents 48-11. It is better to be “hot” at the right time than historically good and stumble. SMDH…

Ole Miss is the only one of the 64 teams in the tourney yet to lose a game. They have outscored opponents 48-11. It is better to be “hot” at the right time than historically good and stumble. SMDH…
…..if you could coach “getting hot” at the right time……that would be a game changer 😀

I’m not pulling for any team. Last weekend I hoped that ND lost every game from there on out. Now reason and apathy have set in. I’ll be ok if they, A&M, OU, Stanford, Auburn, or OM wins it. Honestly, anyone but Arky. Please dear God!

Who had ND and OU being in the winners bracket of the CWS before the season started?

I’m not pulling for any team. Last weekend I hoped that ND lost every game from there on out. Now reason and apathy have set in. I’ll be ok if they, A&M, OU, Stanford, Auburn, or OM wins it. Honestly, anyone but Arky. Please dear God!

If it ends up being a Notre Dame vs. Arkansas final series, I’m curious to see how it plays out. ND truly has a veteran, old lineup with attention to details. That goes a long way. ND kind of remind me of the Tennessee basketball 2018-2019 team with Grant, Admiral, Kyle, Bowden, Bone, and LaMonte. Unheralded, but experienced group of players.

VN Store

Back