2022 Top 15 Assistants - Kendal Rogers

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
2022 Review: 15 Assistants Who Caught My Attention
1. Christian Ostrander, Southern Miss (Assistant of the Year)
2. Frank Anderson, Tennessee

Anderson certainly needs no introduction given his background as a premier pitching mind, but that can’t diminish the amazing job he did with the Tennessee pitching staff this past season. The Volunteers ranked No. 1 nationally in ERA with a 2.51 ERA. By comparison, No. 2 USM was 3.29 and No. 3 Northeastern finished more than a full point behind at 3.61. Chase Dollander was developed into a premier arm, and freshmen Drew Beam and Chase Burns made quick transitions to Division I Baseball. Anderson is a big reason for that.
3. Kurt Elbin, Virginia Tech
4. Michael Earley, Texas A&M
5. Josh Elander, Tennessee

Tennessee had one of the nation’s premier offensive lineups this past season, and Elander was a big reason for that. The talented, now associate head coach, and recruiting coordinator, helped amass much of the talent we saw on the field for the Vols this past season. Elander is on the fast track to becoming a head coach after what he has helped create in Knoxville. He’s a rising star in the industry.
6. Mike Clement, Ole Miss
7. Brandon Harmon, Gonzaga
8. Thomas Eager, Stanford
9. Reggie Willits, Oklahoma
10. Rich Wallace, Notre Dame
11. Jeff Palumbo, East Carolina
12. Carl Lafferty, Ole Miss

13. Kyle Pettoruto, Rutgers
14. Seth Cutler-Voltz, Notre Dame (previously VCU)
15. Julius McDougal, Georgetown

Just my opinion, Frank will retire at Tennessee and Josh is making more money than 90% of the Head coaching jobs out there, unless its a strong Power 5 team, I think he stays for a while as he’s only 31.

Just my opinion, Frank will retire at Tennessee and Josh is making more money than 90% of the Head coaching jobs out there, unless its a strong Power 5 team, I think he stays for a while as he’s only 31.

I agree with you on Frank. I think Josh is going to be hard to keep after this year. I think this year's offense is going to be dynamic..... and I'm sure Tony and Frank will give him another opportunity to showcase his head coaching skills before the year is over. LOL

2022 Review: 15 Assistants Who Caught My Attention
1. Christian Ostrander, Southern Miss (Assistant of the Year)
2. Frank Anderson, Tennessee

Anderson certainly needs no introduction given his background as a premier pitching mind, but that can’t diminish the amazing job he did with the Tennessee pitching staff this past season. The Volunteers ranked No. 1 nationally in ERA with a 2.51 ERA. By comparison, No. 2 USM was 3.29 and No. 3 Northeastern finished more than a full point behind at 3.61. Chase Dollander was developed into a premier arm, and freshmen Drew Beam and Chase Burns made quick transitions to Division I Baseball. Anderson is a big reason for that.
3. Kurt Elbin, Virginia Tech
4. Michael Earley, Texas A&M
5. Josh Elander, Tennessee

Tennessee had one of the nation’s premier offensive lineups this past season, and Elander was a big reason for that. The talented, now associate head coach, and recruiting coordinator, helped amass much of the talent we saw on the field for the Vols this past season. Elander is on the fast track to becoming a head coach after what he has helped create in Knoxville. He’s a rising star in the industry.
6. Mike Clement, Ole Miss
7. Brandon Harmon, Gonzaga
8. Thomas Eager, Stanford
9. Reggie Willits, Oklahoma
10. Rich Wallace, Notre Dame
11. Jeff Palumbo, East Carolina
12. Carl Lafferty, Ole Miss

13. Kyle Pettoruto, Rutgers
14. Seth Cutler-Voltz, Notre Dame (previously VCU)
15. Julius McDougal, Georgetown

I don’t know a whole lot about #3 but 1,2, 4-6 are top notch!

VN Store

Back