2022 Team Accolades

Another COY honor for Coach V! 👏🏽👏🏽

Freak's post including an incredible statistic that I had not seen mentioned before. The 2022 Vols were the first college baseball team in 50 years to lead the nation both in team ERA and hitting. Thanks goodness I knew I was witnessing a phenomenon early in the season and enjoyed every last minute of it.

It’s the term from “Archer”, not sure if before or after twss, but basically the same meaning.
archer-phrasing.gif

from D1 Baseball - Eric Sorenson

MY EIGHT FOR OMAHA IN 2023.
As you guys might’ve seen, the nine writers for D1Baseball all made their “way too early” Eight For Omaha predictions for next year. As Aaron Fitt pointed out in that feature, with the wildly volatile transfer portal, and the MLB draft pushed back to mid-July, it’s hard to get a feel for the landscape this early. But here are my picks:
– Wake Forest.
– UCLA.
– Tennessee.

It’s still hard to believe this team was not in Omaha this season. But those things happen every once in a while and will certainly be motivation for a better finish in 2023 for the Big Orange. Look for them to take on some roster losses, but also to come back looking to make amends this year’s poor finish. The biggest key will be the arms corps which will still have Freshman All Americans Drew Beam and Chase Burns in their weekend rotation. Nine batters hit double-digit home runs and eight regulars hit .300-plus, so expect the bombing campaign to continue as well… this time in Omaha.
– TCU.
– Stanford.
– LSU.
– Florida.
– East Carolina.

VN Store

Back