2022 Target List

It’s been mentioned several times, both SV & JJJ could potentially leave which would drastically change the complexion of next year’s roster

Assuming KC goes pro which seems like a 90% certainty, if we couldn’t pull an immediate impact player like PJ Hall, I wouldn’t mind someone with skill set and upside of Bobi Klintman. Possible stretch 4 and with added strength could be a solid college player in time and allows us to open the floor.

ZZ at PG has already earned the trust. Vescovi is consistently good and expect he would again progress his senior year. Edwards looks like a combo guard to me with no apparent deficiencies. Powell has been disappointing this year but has upside. (A wildcard for next year). Mashack is athletic albeit a bit mechanical but is a hard worker (Reminds me of a young Richardson). Diboundje just needs minutes and experience, but like his size on wing. James is a leader and just needs a consistent shot to be a pro. No one can deny Nkamhoua has improved although has also been inconsistent prior to injury. BHH has talent but is young and needs to mature and stop being a bystander to his own development. Aidoo could be a difference maker. Plavsic is still clumsy but has improved. Tamba, who knows but you would think a redshirt year will help him.

A very deep team, who may very well struggle again offensively but should be a better rebounding team than this year and may even be better defensively, with a bigger shot blocking presence. Just would need some offensive punch off the bench but nothing shabby about this starting 5, which would offset the lack of a superstar with a ton of experience:

Aidoo
Nkamhoua
James
Vescovi
Zeigler

Kinda reminds me of a traditional Izzo Michigan State lineup with a lot of depth.

Assuming KC goes pro which seems like a 90% certainty, if we couldn’t pull an immediate impact player like PJ Hall, I wouldn’t mind someone with skill set and upside of Bobi Klintman. Possible stretch 4 and with added strength could be a solid college player in time and allows us to open the floor.

ZZ at PG has already earned the trust. Vescovi is consistently good and expect he would again progress his senior year. Edwards looks like a combo guard to me with no apparent deficiencies. Powell has been disappointing this year but has upside. (A wildcard for next year). Mashack is athletic albeit a bit mechanical but is a hard worker (Reminds me of a young Richardson). Diboundje just needs minutes and experience, but like his size on wing. James is a leader and just needs a consistent shot to be a pro. No one can deny Nkamhoua has improved although has also been inconsistent prior to injury. BHH has talent but is young and needs to mature and stop being a bystander to his own development. Aidoo could be a difference maker. Plavsic is still clumsy but has improved. Tamba, who knows but you would think a redshirt year will help him.

A very deep team, who may very well struggle again offensively but should be a better rebounding team than this year and may even be better defensively, with a bigger shot blocking presence. Just would need some offensive punch off the bench but nothing shabby about this starting 5, which would offset the lack of a superstar with a ton of experience:

Aidoo
Nkamhoua
James
Vescovi
Zeigler

Kinda reminds me of a traditional Izzo Michigan State lineup with a lot of depth.

All the defense is great, but we sure need a guy or two who can shoot blindfolded. The only one on that starting five that we don't know for sure about is Aidoo. Zeigler is a bit limited due to his size. He may get shut down at times, if he is the only point guard on the court. So, the only consistent go-to scorer in that group is Vescovi. If his shot is off, we are in trouble.

I can't remember Bailey or Powell hitting a shot since 1987! They were supposed to be our instant offense on this team.

If Zakai is our starting PG next year, and there's significant falloff with the 2nd PG, then Zakai won't be able to be as aggressive on defense, and that starts a cascade of digressive dominoes for this team's flexibility and identity.

If we lose KC and Vescovi next year, Joe Girad from Syracuse is expected to hit the portal. Would really be nice to land him if so .

I guess it is possible that either he could graduate in 3 years and transfer as a grad, OR apply for a waiver since his first transfer was made under duress (mother situation).
It’s possible, but supposedly NCAA is almost entirely done with waivers given the one time transfer waiver, they’ve pretty much told folks don’t even bother. And again given the drama around him just not really someone I see Tennessee interested in, not to mention that he hasn’t exactly lit it up at Texas either.

That doesn’t help, but no, the drama was around his mom sleeping with the assistant that recruited him to UMASS…he was fired which is why Mitchell opted to transfer.
That seems like a reason a recruit wouldn’t choose a school unless the coach and mom became a permanent thing?

It’s possible, but supposedly NCAA is almost entirely done with waivers given the one time transfer waiver, they’ve pretty much told folks don’t even bother. And again given the drama around him just not really someone I see Tennessee interested in, not to mention that he hasn’t exactly lit it up at Texas either.
To be clear, I'm not advocating for him. Just providing possibilities of how he could potentially move out of Texas and transfer, again.

To be clear, I'm not advocating for him. Just providing possibilities of how he could potentially move out of Texas and transfer, again.
I’ll be shocked if he transfers and gets a waiver, that’s essentially what he just did by going to Texas…he got away from that “hardship”, not sure what the excuse would be now.

VN Store

Back