2022 Target List

Julian Phillips looks to be headed to FSU unless he pulls a Josiah Jordan-James. I think our best chance right now for a 5* is Dillon Mitchell but I feel as it is 55/45 FSU to UT.

Julian Phillips looks to be headed to FSU unless he pulls a Josiah Jordan-James. I think our best chance right now for a 5* is Dillon Mitchell but I feel as it is 55/45 FSU to UT.

I just can't see FSU taking Green, Phillips, AND Mitchell on top of the unranked forward they took. I'm not saying there is 0% chance it happens, but that is a whole lot of forwards and not a lot of playing time to go around. How are they going to keep all of those guys happy?

I just can't see FSU taking Green, Phillips, AND Mitchell on top of the unranked forward they took. I'm not saying there is 0% chance it happens, but that is a whole lot of forwards and not a lot of playing time to go around. How are they going to keep all of those guys happy?
I’m sure the sell would be that House and Green aren’t Day 1 guys and that they’ll have Mitchell and Phillips one and done…but I agree, I don’t think all of them are going there. Phillips seems to have more competition than Mitchell, Mitchell seems like us or FSU, so if Phillips isn’t coming here I’ll root for FSU.

Back to the NIL rumor mentioned by Basilio, he got more specific, today. Says it cost them 3 recruits, but it looks like 1 might be circling back to them. He didn’t mention Mitchell, but that seems like the logical player in reference.

Again, you don’t have to agree or subscribe to the idea that there is any legitimacy to the rumor, but Mitchell was the first player who came to my mind (along with Wallace) when that rumor was introduced, and it seems to at least line up with the timeline and what’s happening lately with Mitchell.

It is Basilio, so grain of salt. Not saying I believe it, either, but he’s giving a bit more detail with it, now.

Back to the NIL rumor mentioned by Basilio, he got more specific, today. Says it cost them 3 recruits, but it looks like 1 might be circling back to them. He didn’t mention Mitchell, but that seems like the logical player in reference.

Again, you don’t have to agree or subscribe to the idea that there is any legitimacy to the rumor, but Mitchell was the first player who came to my mind (along with Wallace) when that rumor was introduced, and it seems to at least line up with the timeline and what’s happening lately with Mitchell.

It is Basilio, so grain of salt. Not saying I believe it, either, but he’s giving a bit more detail with it, now.
Maybe Miller, Wallace, Mitchell? Have to think the later two for sure, again if this is really the case

Does Florida St have good NIL arrangements for their basketball team?

Maybe Miller, Wallace, Mitchell? Have to think the later two for sure, again if this is really the case
Probably safe bets. As you said, IF it’s true, then I think Mitchell, for sure, is one of them. The other two are up for speculation. Wallace kind of fits the bill, though we hadn’t “lost him”, yet, unless the idea of losing him is loose reference to the idea that we didn’t secure an early commitment when it was believed we might, and he has since slowly trended away from Tennessee.

Basilio has had an agenda against Barnes since he was hired. Probably because Barnes doesn’t go on his show like Tyndall did. I wouldn’t trust anything he says about the basketball program.
Normally I would agree, but he isn’t slanting this as being Barnes’s fault. In fact, he kind of indirectly defends Barnes in this instance by noting how upset Barnes was with the athletic department’s alleged lack of readiness re: NIL.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Normally I would agree, but he isn’t slanting this as being Barnes’s fault. In fact, he kind of indirectly defends Barnes in this instance by noting how upset Barnes was with the athletic department’s alleged lack of readiness re: NIL.
You did end with “grain of salt” tho. lol

You did end with “grain of salt” tho. lol
I take everything from Basilio with a grain of salt...LOL. He's right juuuuust enough to not automatically dismiss everything he says. And SGM is correct, TB usually has an ax to grind with Barnes, which sort of lends an element of credence to the legitimacy of the story that he isn't trying to make it an issue with Barnes, and instead, an issue with the administration (with whom he also has an ax to grind).

Reactions: AngryButchJones
How many axes and ax grinders does Basilio own? That's the real question lol
He's been grinding axes with someone for 30+ years in Knoxville. He's entertaining, mildly informed, but Tony loves him some Tony, and once he publicly stakes a claim against you (Rick Barnes and Danny White, for example), he isn't likely to walk it back.

How many axes and ax grinders does Basilio own? That's the real question lol

He has a big one for the Haslams. When the news came out a couple weeks ago that the family was selling their convenience stores to Casey’s General Stores, Basilio trashed the Pilots on the air. Said something about how much better Weigel’s stores are and that the Pilot stores are dirty. Basilio used to do remote broadcasts every Friday from a rotation of area Pilot stores. He calls Junior “Jimmy Coaching Shorts”. The “House of Haslam”. He’s had to slow his roll slamming Jimmy’s management of the Browns organization since they are 3-1.

Updated…

Top targets (imo/info) bolded, updated with scheduled OV’s reported so far...

#4 Yohan Traore
#10 Cason Wallace-Top 3, OV 9/17, 6/3
#28 Dillon Mitchell-OV 6/27
#29 Ernest Udeh Jr.
#35 Jett Howard-Top 7, OV 9/10

#38 Eric Dailey Jr.
#73 Colin Smith
#90 Chandler Jackson
#94 BJ Edwards-COMMIT

NR Daniel Sanford

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Updated…

#4 Yohan Traore
#29 Ernest Udeh Jr.

#38 Eric Dailey Jr.
#73 Colin Smith
#90 Chandler Jackson
#94 BJ Edwards-COMMIT

NR Daniel Sanford

Colin Smith committed to Vandy. Still not seeing why kids like Jerry Stackhouse, but they have been getting some recruits lately especially in the class of 2022.

Reactions: volfaninpa
Stackhouse at a minimum was an NBA star. Something that a lot of these kids aspire to. Role model, etc. Its pretty easy to see what they like. Whether he can coach or not is TBD. Kind of like Penny (with less shady stuff maybe).

What I dont get is what kids see in Will Wade.

Stackhouse at a minimum was an NBA star. Something that a lot of these kids aspire to. Role model, etc. Its pretty easy to see what they like. Whether he can coach or not is TBD. Kind of like Penny (with less shady stuff maybe).

What I dont get is what kids see in Will Wade.

I think it's been well reported what kids see in Will Wade.

Updated…

#4 Yohan Traore
#29 Ernest Udeh Jr.

#38 Eric Dailey Jr.
#90 Chandler Jackson- OV 10/16
#94 BJ Edwards-COMMIT

NR Daniel Sanford

Last edited:
Updated…

#4 Yohan Traore
#29 Ernest Udeh Jr.

#38 Eric Dailey Jr.
#90 Chandler Jackson
#94 BJ Edwards-COMMIT

NR Daniel Sanford
Chandler Jackson will be at the Ole Miss game this weekend

Jett Howard announces tomorrow, Rob Lewis saying he would have to see it to believe it not be Michigan but that he has now heard from multiple people that the kid and his mother love Barnes. Michigan Rivals site actually said similar, mentioned that his dad jokes around saying Barnes is her boyfriend, and that if he goes anywhere other than Michigan it will definitely be Tennessee, but that they expect to land him…again I highly doubt we land him but if something were to happen with Howard and Michigan then you’d think we’d have a great chance to land him as a transfer.

Jett Howard announces tomorrow, Rob Lewis saying he would have to see it to believe it not be Michigan but that he has now heard from multiple people that the kid and his mother love Barnes. Michigan Rivals site actually said similar, mentioned that his dad jokes around saying Barnes is her boyfriend, and that if he goes anywhere other than Michigan it will definitely be Tennessee, but that they expect to land him…again I highly doubt we land him but if something were to happen with Howard and Michigan then you’d think we’d have a great chance to land him as a transfer.
giphy.gif

Just started following Chris Walker, Vescovi, and Kham, but those also could be old. Not sure how IG organizes the followers.

VN Store

Back