2022 Target List

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Brandon Miller a Bama lean? I’d hate to lose a good one against Oats.

Does Edwards publicly commit after his OV? Any of those other prospects possible to commit over the summer?

Currently scheduled visitors for June...

#10 Brandon Miller-scheduled OV 6/8
#16 Cason Wallace-scheduled OV 6/3
#31 Dillon Mitchell-scheduled OV in June
#32 Jalen Hood-Schifino-scheduled OV in June
#55 Noah Clowney-planning OV June
#64 Yohan Traore-scheduled UOV June 15
#98 BJ Edwards-scheduled OV 6/8
#133 De’Ante Green-scheduled OV 6/23

What’s worth mentioning too is that I haven’t seen many visits mentioned for any of these guys other than De’Ante Green...I’m sure most of these guys will take some but the fact that Tennessee is getting them scheduled early is a promising note. Also, don’t forget that the visits in June will be counted as junior year visits...meaning this same group of guys can turn around and visit in September/October officially for a football game.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Currently scheduled visitors for June...

#10 Brandon Miller-scheduled OV 6/8
#16 Cason Wallace-scheduled OV 6/3
#31 Dillon Mitchell-scheduled OV in June
#32 Jalen Hood-Schifino-scheduled OV in June
#55 Noah Clowney-planning OV June
#64 Yohan Traore-scheduled UOV June 15
#98 BJ Edwards-scheduled OV 6/8
#133 De’Ante Green-scheduled OV 6/23
Anybody know which of these guys besides Edwards play AAU with Maze as we seem to have been doing fairly well with guys in his program?

Anybody know which of these guys besides Edwards play AAU with Maze as we seem to have been doing fairly well with guys in his program?
No, Edwards is the only one. But they have offered Berry who is another guard for Bmaze.

I said I had this weird feeling on Okpara, for some reason just hasn’t seemed like he’s real high on Tennessee...

Yeah, I don’t expect to land him.... just my opinion, but I think he wants some extra benefits that we are not able/willing to give him.

Confused on why you'd arrive at this conclusion based on this tweet. Am I missing something?
He hasn’t come here a ton, we haven’t pulled a guy from HHCA directly from there, Okpara doesn’t usuAlly mention tenneseee right away in interviews, for his officials he skips over Tennessee...kinda like how you felt about kessler I just get that vibe from him.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Okpara is still a long way away from nearing a decision as evidenced by schools like Ohio State that offered him the other day being high on his list. Kinda surprised Florida was not on the list by Tipton Edits on who was recruiting him the hardest as they have been very active at Hamilton Heights. We have a lot of things going for us here, but we will still have to grind this one out. UT was his first offer, family he lives with are UT fans, "in-state", a priority target, and what should be a huge frontcourt opening after this year. Barnes rarely misses on "his guys" but this one is going to be a long grind. Illinois did just get a transfer that played HS ball at Hamilton Heights as well

Reactions: Maxwell865
He hasn’t come here a ton, we haven’t pulled a guy from HHCA directly from there, Okpara doesn’t usuAlly mention tenneseee right away in interviews, for his officials he skips over Tennessee...kinda like how you felt about kessler I just get that vibe from him.
Got it. I guess I see that. With Kessler, he was canceling multiple visits to Tennessee. I haven't witnessed that level of disinterest from Okpara, but I guess it is possible. If he never makes much effort to visit (similar to Kessler), that will be telling.

Got it. I guess I see that. With Kessler, he was canceling multiple visits to Tennessee. I haven't witnessed that level of disinterest from Okpara, but I guess it is possible. If he never makes much effort to visit (similar to Kessler), that will be telling.
He can take 5 junior year official visits prior to July and then 5 senior year officials later on...the fact he’s using 2 to go and see Ohio State & Texas and saying in fall he may OV to Tennessee is evidence of my thinking. I’m sure some will sit back and say he’s seen Tennessee before, maybe he doesn’t have time to take 3-5 OV’s, but it just seems if we were Top 2/3 for him he’d be visiting. Also add in that in the past month Clowney, Traore and Udeh have all joined the target list and 2 of those guys have visits scheduled and it kinda further pushes my thoughts.

He can take 5 junior year official visits prior to July and then 5 senior year officials later on...the fact he’s using 2 to go and see Ohio State & Texas and saying in fall he may OV to Tennessee is evidence of my thinking. I’m sure some will sit back and say he’s seen Tennessee before, maybe he doesn’t have time to take 3-5 OV’s, but it just seems if we were Top 2/3 for him he’d be visiting. Also add in that in the past month Clowney, Traore and Udeh have all joined the target list and 2 of those guys have visits scheduled and it kinda further pushes my thoughts.
I don't necessarily disagree that we may not be the leader or even top 2-3, at this point. It may also be possible that Tennessee is higher on Clowney and Traore than Okpara. Clooney, in particular, is certainly trending upward.

I don't necessarily disagree that we may not be the leader or even top 2-3, at this point. It may also be possible that Tennessee is higher on Clowney and Traore than Okpara. Clooney, in particular, is certainly trending upward.
Also possible, but I’m guessing that has something to do with how they feel their chances stand with Okpara as much as anything...not as if he’s trending rapidly downwards.

VN Store

Back