2022 Recruits

I am still relatively new here as well though active since I joined. I don't necessarily disagree with most of your comments. If fact, I wish there could be more room for people to make honest critiques without immediate response that apparently want to only focus on the positive. That said, entering this or any passionate forum is like being a new in-law to the extended family meal. As a fellow newbie, we don't know the history and context even it if looks totally dysfunctional. So, I imagine your observation that it is "pathetic" with such a small sampling likely got some folks on the defensive. I have seen a few posts that DV made that I thought were fairly on the mark, but totally agree with the majority that he (? - for real, I don't know) seems overly invested in dramatizing the negative with nary a positive comment. It is clear he enjoys stirring the pot. I do think that this dynamic hampers the ability to have more well rounded discussion that include both negative and positive points, though I do see a few of these. Otherwise, it is a wonderful forum for LV fans as well as fans of women's basketball. I have check it every day since joining.

Newbie here as well. This and the old ESPN board is the only sports message board that I've ever posted on. Don't really care about all the drama on this board. I do feel somewhat hampered (I have quite a few issues) but I'm also aware of what board this is so I'm minding my manners.

Newbie here as well. This and the old ESPN board is the only sports message board that I've ever posted on. Don't really care about all the drama on this board. I do feel somewhat hampered (I have quite a few issues) but I'm also aware of what board this is so I'm minding my manners.
What was your handle on the ESPN board?

I am new here. I see that DV gets critized for his opinions a lot. But you gotta see the same poor shooting and ball handling that he sees.
Is he overly critical? Probably. Voice his criticism too much? Maybe.
Do some on here have on blinders? Probably. Without bitching about it, I am concerned about the poor shooting. Missing layups and free throws. The poor ball handling. The early foul trouble taking our 2 best players out of the game. You gotta also see the improvement in Horston. She does not get out of control and run over people now as often. She still turns the ball over way too much. In 10 games she has 51 turnovers.
without Tamari Key in the game, we lost to Stanford. During the time Key was in the game against Stanford, I think we were plus on scoring when she was in the game. I cannot find that stat. I saw it on live stats near the end of the game.
2021-22 Women's Basketball Cumulative Statistics - University of Tennessee Athletics
We are fortunate not to have 3 losses, and the fact that we don’t is also to be credited to Horston, without her 4th quarter play, we lose a couple games (Texas, USF)
I said all this to point out that some on here could be less critical, some could quit ignoring and glossing over the poor play. Give credit where credit is due, at the same time, quit thinking that because they wear the orange that they can do no wrong.
Welcome but you’ll see.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Welcome to Volnation! I actually remember your handle, but I don't recall too many of your posts lol. Always nice to see old faces from there.

I was a regular there for a while. At that time there were a lot of Candace Parker haters and I would routinely defend her. Also my almost daily routine would be to check the Summitt (when it was free to read) to make sure I wasn't being redundant and post something about LV recruiting.

ImpressionableWiltedIraniangroundjay-max-1mb.gif

I you're new here then you know very little about the posters and their tolerance for irrationally critical posts like like those of Barf_Vol. Constructive criticism is accepted in good faith by almost all posters here. Destructive criticism is not welcome by many of us.
Perfectly stated

So jazzed to see this unexpected tribute to this outstanding young lady....We Lady Vol fans are in for some amazing basketball time when it's AJ (After Justine) time...

When she's popping deep 3 balls from all over the court, the rest of the league will say, "Who is that girl?"

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back