2022 Recruits

Have you been reading this thread. The only coaches that are "better" than Kellie in either coaching and recruiting are Geno, Tara, Dawn and maybe Kim and you might get some pushback from a posters on those four. She's on par or equal to Walz, Vic, and Kelly Graves from Oregon because they have never won a title and some of them have had some down years in recruiting.

Yes I've been reading the thread, but I do have some ignored. With brilliant hot takes like that, it appears I'm not missing much...

Reactions: olddog
It’s just math.

98% of 350 division one schools is 343.

That would mean that Tennessee is as good or better than 7 teams.

They were ranked 5th in one ranking for 2021, so........

**sigh** we've been over this. The #5 ranking Kellie's sycophants love to cite was put out during the November early signing period before many of the top players had committed. It was outdated and no longer accurate by the time the dust had finally settled on the 21 class...

**sigh** we've been over this. The #5 ranking Kellie's sycophants love to cite was put out during the November early signing period before many of the top players had committed. It was outdated and no longer accurate by the time the dust had finally settled on the 21 class...

Right, we're ranked NOW anywhere from #9 to #16, depending on the ranking service.

If Kellie's coaching and recruiting is just as good or better than 98% of the coaches out there, what's all of the angst about?

Better than 98%??? What genius said that?

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

there are 356 D1 programs
we are pre-season #15 in rank (96%)
we are #11 in recruiting rank (97%)

didn't miss by much Garth
Party on Darth.png

there are 356 D1 programs
we are pre-season #15 in rank (96%)
we are #11 in recruiting rank (97%)

didn't miss by much Garth
View attachment 406337

Coach these complainers are fans of other teams disguised as LV fans...A lot of new names have popped up in the last few weeks that have rarely posted here, and they are subversive with their posting...

Last edited:
Coach these complainers are fans of other teams disguised as LV fans...A lot of new names have popped up in the last few weeks that have rarely posted here, and they are subversive with their posting...

yes, GT, and the other predictable...there'll be more

You can move it down to 15 the worst recruiting analysis and you still are better than 335 schools so what percentage is that 96 percent so he missed it by two percent. No way this one was outdated or the one that rated the class number nine. Still I use the worse which is 96 percent of schools.

You can move it down to 15 the worst recruiting analysis and you still are better than 335 schools so what percentage is that 96 percent so he missed it by two percent. No way this one was outdated or the one that rated the class number nine. Still I use the worse which is 96 percent of schools.
So recruiting better than 96% of schools means something? That puts them in around 15th. Recruiting at that level year after year will not get them to where the Tennessee fans want them to be.

So recruiting better than 96% of schools means something? That puts them in around 15th. Recruiting at that level year after year will not get them to where the Tennessee fans want them to be.
Definitely means something in a coaches second season who has done that well of any of the top coaches coaching today? Not expecting it to be year after year just a beginning. Plus I used the worst figure just to try to satisfy everyone. Also was ranked 9th by a service and that moves the percentage up to 98 percent.

No reason to close it until the final rosters are decided in 2022. Still a long way to go transfer portal is going to be huge.
So timing wise:
When would we expect Justine P to officially sign?
When would we start looking at transfer portal for additions to 2022class?
When will 2023s start verbal commitments?
Sorry for the ignorance but I just do not know the recruiting calendar.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
So timing wise:
When would we expect Justine P to officially sign?
When would we start looking at transfer portal for additions to 2022class?
When will 2023s start verbal commitments?
Sorry for the ignorance but I just do not know the recruiting calendar.
Justine November 10
Has already started big names will come after season ends from people not happy with playing time and several other reasons. May 1 is the deadline to be eligible to play in 2022.
Anytime there have been a few verbals already.

Have you been reading this thread. The only coaches that are "better" than Kellie in either coaching and recruiting are Geno, Tara, Dawn and maybe Kim and you might get some pushback from a posters on those four. She's on par or equal to Walz, Vic, and Kelly Graves from Oregon because they have never won a title and some of them have had some down years in recruiting.

As an Oregon fan, I have to take issue with this, not to denigrate Kellie, but to defend another Kelly (Graves), who (at Oregon) has had (consecutively, over the past 5 years) 2 Elite 8s, a Final 4, a missed opportunity to win it all (I think he would have) due to Covid, and a Sweet 16, as well as (according to ESPN) the #1 recruiting class a couple of years ago, and the #1 class so far for 2022. (And this after taking over a program that had been a total mess since 2002 or so.) I'm actually not a fan of these sorts of ratings and don't think the #1 recruiting ranking for 2022 will still be there when the dust settles, but . . . . Kellie may eventually match or surpass that record, but, at this point, to say their success has been equal is not fair to either coach.

As an Oregon fan, I have to take issue with this, not to denigrate Kellie, but to defend another Kelly (Graves), who (at Oregon) has had (consecutively, over the past 5 years) 2 Elite 8s, a Final 4, a missed opportunity to win it all (I think he would have) due to Covid, and a Sweet 16, as well as (according to ESPN) the #1 recruiting class a couple of years ago, and the #1 class so far for 2022. (And this after taking over a program that had been a total mess since 2002 or so.) I'm actually not a fan of these sorts of ratings and don't think the #1 recruiting ranking for 2022 will still be there when the dust settles, but . . . . Kellie may eventually match or surpass that record, but, at this point, to say their success has been equal is not fair to either coach.

You do realize this is a LV recruiting thread and has nothing to do with ducks, dogs or chickens?

They're preseason picked to finish 2nd in the SEC. Not bad in her third season as she tries to build the program, but not good enough for you. If so, I suggest respectfully that the best thing for you to do is root for the Yankees and UConn and Tom Brady every year and your miseries will be over.
I love your post. The problem with many posters is they fail to consider how far this program fell prior to Kelly. They forget how five stars were mis-coached by a staff that should have produced a relevant and at least a top 10 program annually. Once a program heads South, unless you convince a top 10 coach to leave a successful program and bring his top five recruits with him/her, it is going to take time to get back to relevancy among the top 10 programs. Instead of determining, without an ounce of facts, that Kelly’s current recruits aren’t going to cut the mustered and the team we have is Missouri State in orange, how about going easy on the negative rhetoric and see how things play out. By the way there is plenty of unsigned talent still available on the top 100 list of girls basketball players in the class of 2022. So let’s be patient and be positive.

The person you're responding to is sarcastically denigrating Kellie Harper, fyi.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

So Kellie follows up her class ranked 15 with another class that won't make the top 10 (barring an incredible unforeseen change). She hasn't had Tennessee in the top 10 at any point in her watch. She finished 3rd in the conference, and her #3 seeded team couldn't win more than one game in the tournament. And she's better than all but 2% how?

As I've said before, you get what you pay for. There's a reason her salary isn't among the top 2% of women's basketball coaches...

VN Store

Back