2022 Recruits

I actually don’t think Harrison will be that easy of a get. I believe Louisville was her first big offer and I’m not sure if Notre Dame has offered but there was interest for sure. At this point we just have to let it play out. It’s just a waiting game and I pray 23’ is the big breakthrough recruiting wise. But Kellie need to win now to make it happen. Most of these young ladies are not going to commit to a program they feel isn’t headed in the direction of a Championship.
Then why did Oldacre commit to Miami they are never going to sniff a Championship. That could also be said for several of the top 25 players commits this season and last. I don't know why players commit like they do, but it seems to be for other reasons than championships because there are to many committing to teams that are almost certain never to win one.

Then why did Oldacre commit to Miami they are never going to sniff a Championship. That could also be said for several of the top 25 players commits this season and last. I don't know why players commit like they do, but it seems to be for other reasons than championships because there are to many committing to teams that are almost certain never to win one.
Facts!

These players commit to a lesser program because they want it to be all about them. Schools like UConn and Tennessee under Kellie don't want these type of players because they won't fit in. I don't care if the player is ranked #1 or #50, if they can't check their ego at the door than they don't belong on a real NC type program. This is another aspect of recruiting that the coaches must consider. Don't forget these players are " the man " at their high school and some think it would be the same in college. Its not all about basketball ability, its also about being a good person, and more importantly, a good teammate.

I am not saying that they are a packaged deal but I see they both left New York for Webb in Aaliyah del Rosario and Angelica Velez. I know who I can ask what the ties are with these two are. Angelica Velez is a very nice and tough point guard who was selected in the Slam game this summer and showed very well. Rosario is tough and I absolutely love her game. Some college coaches are doing some shady things with having kids switch schools to benefit them in recruiting them. I will reveal more on this, but don’t be surprised if Shay Ralph was behind it. Coach Yo did this with Janiah Barker, because her best friend is coaching Monteverde High School where Janiah currently is. Just don’t be alarmed if these things are happening more often than not to give that team a leg up in recruiting.

I am not saying that they are a packaged deal but I see they both left New York for Webb in Aaliyah del Rosario and Angelica Velez. I know who I can ask what the ties are with these two are. Angelica Velez is a very nice and tough point guard who was selected in the Slam game this summer and showed very well. Rosario is tough and I absolutely love her game. Some college coaches are doing some shady things with having kids switch schools to benefit them in recruiting them. I will reveal more on this, but don’t be surprised if Shay Ralph was behind it. Coach Yo did this with Janiah Barker, because her best friend is coaching Monteverde High School where Janiah currently is. Just don’t be alarmed if these things are happening more often than not to give that team a leg up in recruiting.
How does a college coach get HS players to switch schools? And it’s Shea, not Shay. If you are going to impugn someone without showing the proof, at least spell her name right.

These players commit to a lesser program because they want it to be all about them. Schools like UConn and Tennessee under Kellie don't want these type of players because they won't fit in. I don't care if the player is ranked #1 or #50, if they can't check their ego at the door than they don't belong on a real NC type program. This is another aspect of recruiting that the coaches must consider. Don't forget these players are " the man " at their high school and some think it would be the same in college. Its not all about basketball ability, its also about being a good person, and more importantly, a good teammate.
Not necessarily true about kids committing to lesser programs because they want it to be about them. Each kid is different, even the higher ranked kids who are perceived to want to go to the bigger schools to compete for championships or play for blue blood programs. That is not always the case. Some kids like the opportunity to play under the pressure and expectations of Geno and Uconn and others would not. Girls more than boys seem to have a better grasp of life after college and focus on academics in making their decision. Others like the small school over the bigger stage, bigger student population etc. We are led to believe that every Top 100 kid has dreams of cutting down the net and for a majority that is probably true, but for a kid who chooses to go elsewhere shouldn't surprise anyone. Too many factors go into a decision than just playing for championships.

Last edited:
Shea Ralph causing problems for us and she hasnt even coached a game lol hope it backfires on her like it did with Coach Yo with Janiah and Rosario commits to TN

Both Majors and Storrs make good, applicable points that vary by player goals and personalities. Elena Delle Donne and Larry Bird are two notable examples of exceptional talents who left highest-level programs (before even getting started) to go to "lesser" programs due to personal reasons. Every player is different. I often forget how mercurial I was at that age re: my future.

As Rickster says, best wishes to those who go elsewhere (and may they finf personal fulfillment there). We will be okay and get tge players we're meant to have who can be totally LVFL.

Good sign that we've only only lost Jaz and Destiny to transfer since Kellie arrived. Everyone else seems happy and ready to rock out for the Orange.

The corrupt is getting into the women's game and it's unfortunate. I want to say more but some RECENT recruits of certain programs are thought to have been tampered with. I heard something and didn't believe it then anotjer other source had parts of the same story and they don't even associate. These AAU programs are starting to get involved so don't be surprised to see school leans go another way at the last minute!

I'm starting to look at certain people differently as coaches is all...

Oops I mean : 👀🍿

Last edited:
Not necessarily true about kids committing to lesser programs because they want it to be about them. Each kid is different, even the higher ranked kids who are perceived to want to go to the bigger schools to compete for championships or play for blue blood programs. That is not always the case. Some kids like the opportunity to play under the pressure and expectations of Geno and Uconn and others would not. Girls more than boys seem to have a better grasp of life after college and focus on academics in making their decision. Others like the small school over the bigger stage, bigger student population etc. We are led to believe that every Top 100 kid has dreams of cutting down the net and for a majority that is probably true, but for a kid who chooses to go elsewhere shouldn't surprise anyone. Too many factors go into a decision than just playing for championships.

Jackie Stiles is another who comes to mind, picking SW Missouri St. (at the time). Cheryl Burnett appeared to be building something special at the time in Springfield.

He hasn't been closing much lately his recruits are rated about the same as Tennessee. Actually we have a higher rated recruit than him this season. He has a 34, 37. and 56 this season and last year 2021 his class was ranked lower than Tennessee's by every service. Seems he did a lot better when Williams was there as an Assistant. His class was ranked number 20 in 2021 and his highest ranked players in the last two seasons is a number 12 so Kellie has a number 11 and a class ranked higher in 2021 so he is a bad example for the last two seasons. I could go ahead and give you a list of all the players he has missed on this year, but the fact he has lost the last two seasons in recruiting to Tennessee is enough information. Adding that he has been there over a decade not looking so good since he lost her the one year to Eastern Kentucky and now to Tennessee.

Just to add he didn't only miss on Oldacre and Cooper he could not even get a visit. There was a huge list that Tennessee missed on that he missed on as well so his recruiting is taking a downturn the last two years.

So you're arguing his recruiting has taken "a downturn the last two years" by saying it has basically been on par with Kellie's?

Interesting...

Reactions: olddog
So you're arguing his recruiting has taken "a downturn the last two years" by saying it has basically been on par with Kellie's?

Interesting...
Still at second tier recruiting just like Kellie and yes we all want to be in the first tier and yes Tennessee is not on to that level. Only a few teams are less than 10 to be exact. Yes we need to improve, but the point I am making is even established coaches go through less than perfect recruiting seasons. Maryland not doing that much right now or Norte Dame which many thought their new coach would light it up. I can come over to your side and agree that were getting to the years that she has to do better and I would definitely say that year four 2023 has to be the first season for that to happen. I know some Tennessee fans don't have patience that is ok with me you notice I don't attack your post when you attack Kellie and recruiting no reason to. I'll lose some patience to if we can't deliver in year four because in the beginning it was a four year rebuild and thus far everything is going very close to what was planned. We recruited well enough in 2021, 2022 needed to do better still getting one top 15 player is better than nothing. 2023 is the year and if we don't have at least a top ten class then you will certainly have the right to tell everyone I told you so.

If one person's wealth slides from a million to $500,000 while a second person's wealth rises from $200,000 to $500, 000, most financial experts would say that the second person's progress (and future financial outlook) appears to be more successful.

Not a hard concept to grasp.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I'll say this to your post Barnes has done this before with certain players getting them to a school where he is much more able to get them to Tennessee. I don't know if this is illegal and he also gets players to reclassify think was the first to do it and now notice a lot of schools are doing it. I wonder when this might start happening in women's basketball.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Still at second tier recruiting just like Kellie and yes we all want to be in the first tier and yes Tennessee is not on to that level. Only a few teams are less than 10 to be exact. Yes we need to improve, but the point I am making is even established coaches go through less than perfect recruiting seasons. Maryland not doing that much right now or Norte Dame which many thought their new coach would light it up. I can come over to your side and agree that were getting to the years that she has to do better and I would definitely say that year four 2023 has to be the first season for that to happen. I know some Tennessee fans don't have patience that is ok with me you notice I don't attack your post when you attack Kellie and recruiting no reason to. I'll lose some patience to if we can't deliver in year four because in the beginning it was a four year rebuild and thus far everything is going very close to what was planned. We recruited well enough in 2021, 2022 needed to do better still getting one top 15 player is better than nothing. 2023 is the year and if we don't have at least a top ten class then you will certainly have the right to tell everyone I told you so.

Will not get in between you and Darth Riff and not taking sides and not throwing shades at you or anyone . My take We should be able to get a very good 2023 class. But I will say this i don`t post just to post about prospects. And try not to post to much about the ones that i have very little information on or have not seen play on the court. But the ones i have seen play i will just post just my opinion on that player skill set and what other information i have on that prospect. As for that list of prospects on that list in the 2023 thread. I do know Donovan and McGee are prime targets of Many top schools. I know 3 schools that they are really making a push for McGee and will leave it at that. After talking to a few HS coaches over the summer at a few of the summer league games. One coach i will not share there name said of the players they have talk to. UConn,SC,Stanford,NC ST, MD, Louis, NC ,ect and the list go`s on. And one name that is really starting to make noise is Joni ? i don`t follow her so i can`t say much about her but she is really connecting with some of the players the coach said.

Reactions: Tyree02
I know how frustrating it can be in recruiting and when you feel there are kids your school should be landing, but be patient. It seems Kellie is doing things the right way and things will start to fall into place. I will admit, I lost a lot of respect for Andy Landers when he hired Tasha Humphrey’s mom to lander her. I think she was headed to Duke or Tennessee before he did that. The move but him in the bum for such a longtime, because it really exposed him to a lot of people in recruiting circles. If they are cheating, and trying to build these program’s quickly, you’ll see. There is a reason Yo had all of those recruits with Ole Miss on her list and they dropped them once they really saw what was happening. Same thing with Andy and Georgia, because he struggled with recruiting for a while after the whole thing with Tasha Humphrey.

VN Store

Back