2022 Recruits

Next year, in 2022, we’ll have 12 players, if including Jordan Walker whom someone here has said wants to come back. I believe 12-13 players is the number of players Kellie likes to work with, for obvious reasons, each player gets more reps and personal attention, and playing time, which also probably makes for happier players.

In 2023, as of now, we have 7 experienced players, and will need 5-6 new players, including a post player, since Tamari will probably be off to the pros.

Who knows what the player recruiting landscape will be between now and then. Did any one of us here in these recruiting threads on Volnation foresee Justine, Alexus, or a player from Spain? (We haven’t seen much from Keyen or Marta because of injuries, but still, both of their commitments were a surprise.) We’re expecting great things from Alexus this year, and I doubt most of us here knew her name until Kellie recruited her to come here. There will be experienced graduate students who want to play another year or two, in the future.

Yes, successful recruiting depends on many factors, including building, over many years, relationships with players. Then there are other factors such as closeness to home, family, friends, and even the weather.

Hoping we show some patience here on Volnation about our recruiting concerns, we have no idea what our 2023 class will look like, but worrying now until then here will encourage all the negative ”fans” who post here.

We have 2 new Assistant Coaches with Kellie, whom I would bet even now are covering our country and probably other countries as well, building relationships with players for possible future Lady Vol players. I have complete faith in them to get it done.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Next year, in 2022, we’ll have 12 players, if including Jordan Walker whom someone here has said wants to come back. I believe 12-13 players is the number of players Kellie likes to work with, for obvious reasons, each player gets more reps and personal attention, and playing time, which also probably makes for happier players.

In 2023, as of now, we have 7 experienced players, and will need 5-6 new players, including a post player, since Tamari will probably be off to the pros.

Who knows what the player recruiting landscape will be between now and then. Did any one of us here in these recruiting threads on Volnation foresee Justine, Alexus, or a player from Spain? (We haven’t seen much from Keyen or Marta because of injuries, but still, both of their commitments were a surprise.) We’re expecting great things from Alexus this year, and I doubt most of us here knew her name until Kellie recruited her to come here. There will be experienced graduate students who want to play another year or two, in the future.

Yes, successful recruiting depends on many factors, including building, over many years, relationships with players. Then there are other factors such as closeness to home, family, friends, and even the weather.

Hoping we show some patience here on Volnation about our recruiting concerns, we have no idea what our 2023 class will look like, but worrying now until then here will encourage all the negative ”fans” who post here.

We have 2 new Assistant Coaches with Kellie, whom I would bet even now are covering our country and probably other countries as well, building relationships with players for possible future Lady Vol players. I have complete faith in them to get it done.

GO LADY VOLS!!!
The biggest problem we have going forward is replacing post players that will be graduating two seasons from now. We have no one in the 2022 class and even getting them in the 2023 class is going to leave a void of having to play with freshmen inside. If the staff can somehow come up with a way to remedy this is what we don't know. It is imperative they find a way if we plan to continue in the top part of the league two seasons from now. Of course 2023 could bring some very talented freshmen posts to the team just never trusted a freshman to be the answer in their first season. Perimeter looks good for the next two seasons and beyond especially the2- 3-4 positions.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Remember that everyone who played last season has an extra year of eligibility due to covid. That includes the 22/23 seniors - Key, Saunders, Horston, Rennie. And the seniors the next season, Darby and Suarez.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Remember that everyone who played last season has an extra year of eligibility due to covid. That includes the 22/23 seniors - Key, Saunders, Horston, Rennie. And the seniors the next season, Darby and Suarez.
Yes but how are we going to keep Key and Horston out of the WNBA if they have great seasons the next two years. You have to plan that they want return and that is why we need post players this class. If Key were to stay through 2023 no problem. I figure Saunders would if asked to do so.

I believe Walker has two years left including this year... she came with two seasons of eligibility and last year was a free year. So she could also return with Jordan and crew the following year if she chooses.

Yes but how are we going to keep Key and Horston out of the WNBA if they have great seasons the next two years. You have to plan that they want return and that is why we need post players this class. If Key were to stay through 2023 no problem. I figure Saunders would if asked to do so.

That's a big IF.

Reactions: Volfan2012
The biggest problem we have going forward is replacing post players that will be graduating two seasons from now. We have no one in the 2022 class and even getting them in the 2023 class is going to leave a void of having to play with freshmen inside. If the staff can somehow come up with a way to remedy this is what we don't know. It is imperative they find a way if we plan to continue in the top part of the league two seasons from now. Of course 2023 could bring some very talented freshmen posts to the team just never trusted a freshman to be the answer in their first season. Perimeter looks good for the next two seasons and beyond especially the2- 3-4 positions.

Agree we need to recruit a post or two, an ongoing process. A Freshman post to play behind an experienced post is ideal. Just as we may have gotten a great player in Alexus, a graduate transfer, in the next 2 years, there will be opportunities from graduate transfers, the juco ranks, and the portal. I am sure Kellie will find the post she wants, maybe one who is a surprise to us.

I believe Walker has two years left including this year... she came with two seasons of eligibility and last year was a free year. So she could also return with Jordan and crew the following year if she chooses.
I hope she stays three more seasons but she would be one of the oldest players that ever played here if she decides to do so. I feel fine about the perimeter positions and even the four we'll have to plan that we'll be working the five position with freshmen two years from now. Of course the portal could change all that.

We definitely failed in the portal wanted Lewis who went Baylor. We certainly didn't do well in the past Dye is certainly our best. Fear we are looking at a lull in moving forward as you never want freshmen to be your post players and failure with Oldacre and other in 2022 has us in a bad situation. perimeter not that bad inside were looking quite vulnerable after next season.
I would like to note, that Kellie took mainly freshman and sophomores to the Sweet 16 her last year at Missouri State and one of her go to players was a freshman post player. That says something about her being able to get young players to "Buy-In" and play to their best ability.

Our last HS commit was October 2020 lol I see why 😂but looking forward to 2023

I'm as big as LV fan as anyone and i'm not testy 😂

And what a good one it is!!!! I remember when people said Kellie would never get a top 25 recruit LOL so that makes me chuckle a bit as well

Maybe i'm not as testy because i have that insider subscription LOL

VN Store

Back