2022 Recruits

Look I won’t deflect our player issue for 2022 to the transfer portal we are losing Rae,Keyen,Alexus,Jordan W(possibly unless she wants a PhD) and maybe some unforeseen transfers and the Transfer Portal has not treated us well

2019: Jaiden McCoy
2020: Keyen,Jordan Walker
2021: Alexus Dye

Out of all of Kellies transfer the one that is likely going to make a big impact on our team is Alexus. Coach hasn’t gotten any splashy players from the portal like Hayes,Austin,Diamond Johnson, Celeste Taylor,etc all of our transfers have been from mid majors
That’s my biggest concern when it comes to the portal, we don’t get the “big dogs,” but hey…..it’s only year 3 and Kellie is finally settled, with a new coaching staff, so maybe the portal will be nicer to us this upcoming year if it needs to be utilized.

I do believe Dye will end up being a good get from the portal though!

Look I won’t deflect our player issue for 2022 to the transfer portal we are losing Rae,Keyen,Alexus,Jordan W(possibly unless she wants a PhD) and maybe some unforeseen transfers and the Transfer Portal has not treated us well

Out of all of Kellies transfer the one that is likely going to make a big impact on our team is Alexus. Coach hasn’t gotten any splashy players from the portal like Hayes,Austin,Diamond Johnson, Celeste Taylor,etc all of our transfers have been from mid majors
We definitely failed in the portal wanted Lewis who went Baylor. We certainly didn't do well in the past Dye is certainly our best. Fear we are looking at a lull in moving forward as you never want freshmen to be your post players and failure with Oldacre and other in 2022 has us in a bad situation. perimeter not that bad inside were looking quite vulnerable after next season.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I certainly will say that something has to be done other than 2023 recruiting to fix the post position problem. I don't know how that is going to happen, but if we want to stay at the top of the league were going to need post players that are effective. Were fine this season and next still what we to do bolster this class with inside players has become a key factor of concern. If we do nothing were falling when Key and Saunders graduate. Losing Oldacre was far more damaging to plans of the future than losing Cooper.

We definitely failed in the portal wanted Lewis who went Baylor. We certainly didn't do well in the past Dye is certainly our best. Fear we are looking a a lull in moving forward as you never want freshmen to be your post players and failure with Oldacre and other in 2022 has us in a bad situation. perimeter not that bad inside were looking quite vulnerable after next season.
Our 2021 prospects better impress specifically Kaiya who needs to be able to take Rae spot an excel once she leaves, Sara has been getting high praises let’s see it on the court, and Karoline need to evolve into a Elizabeth Kitley the Virginia Tech post who she has been compared to by evaluators

Our 2021 prospects better impress specifically Kaiya who needs to be able to take Rae spot an excel once she leaves, Sara has been getting high praises let’s see it on the court, and Karoline need to evolve into a Elizabeth Kitley the Virginia Tech post who she has been compared to by evaluators
Yes I expect that class to be fine as sophomores and Justine should do well even as a freshman. We'll still have Key, Horston, maybe Walker to bolster them two seasons from now. The next season is when things are looking quite bad unless we see something we don't see now. We could sign the number one class in 2023 and still finish sixth or lower in the SEC. I consider Oldacre a better player than Barker and a difference maker for any team so not getting her is painful. I have to see where the staff goes from here. Even if we get a player like Rosario or other top posts freshmen just don't have what it takes most of the time to be difference makers in the SEC.

Yes I expect that class to be fine as sophomores and Justine should do well even as a freshman. We'll still have Key, Horston, maybe Walker to bolster them two seasons from now. The next season is when things are looking quite bad unless we see something we don't see now. We could sign the number one class in 2023 and still finish sixth or lower in the SEC. I consider Oldacre a better player than Barker and a difference maker for any team so not getting her is painful. I have to see where the staff goes from here. Even if we get a player like Rosario or other top posts freshmen just don't have what it takes most of the time to be difference makers in the SEC.
But you gotta keep in mind we aren’t the team losing huge players SC is gonna lose them so will Kentucky and LSU so that gives me hope for the future

Kaiya sounds kind of like Burrell top talent bad decision maker. Puckett great decision maker more of a 3-4 player not a 2. Striplin stretch type four not a player that can guard the five position she will need to guard players more her size. Miles will need to be a shooter not going to be able to take it to the basket at her size in the SEC. Dye just a one year player wish she had a lot more. Justine quality 3-4 player were fine at that position. Horston, Miles, maybe Walker all back at point so 2023 still ok if we can get freshmen point guard in that class. Wynn, Darby, Rennie will need some help at the two in 2023 or even two seasons from now. Post were looking terrible here. No actual returning post players in 2023 and none recruited.

But you gotta keep in mind we aren’t the team losing huge players SC is gonna lose them so will Kentucky and LSU so that gives me hope for the future
It won't matter a whole lot if SC loses a couple of players. They have 10 high school All Americans on their roster. And that's not counting the Canadian, who would have been had she played in the States.

Last edited:
Talking about reclassifying someone like Rosario or other post in 2023 is exactly what we need to reclassify then get a decent second post in the portal. Just watching the next several months during and after the season to see how were set for post players. Signing in 2023 a must and even then your playing with freshmen as starters or your really undersized if you go with Striplin and Puckett.

One thing Kellie knows how to do -- put together a mid-major roster...

Reactions: 7Iron and olddog
I don't think there is going to be an announcement from Cooper unless you count her calling and telling Dawn she is committing. Nothing on her twitter.

Last edited:
I thought Dawn was not taking the recruits time to shine away from the kids ? 🤷‍♂️
That turned out to be false information and I was certain it has happened before like Watkins and even others. I can't remember a lot of announcements by SC commits it has always been Dawn doing the announcement.

VN Store

Back