2022 Recruits

I’ll take a shot at the COVID extra year ?

Rae is a senior and this is her 4th year to play. Therefore she could play another year !

Green got hurt her graduate transfer year and since it was her COVID year …. She gets this year as her extra COVID year ?

Dye played four years already and this is her COVID extra year as a graduate transfer ?

Walker played two of her three years before coming to UT with two years of eligibility left to play ! Even if she has already graduated before coming here !!! Since last year was the COVID YEAR (her first year here ) ! She could play this year and take an extra year for COVID ? Giving her THREE years of eligibility here ?

All of our Juniors and Sophomores can play an extra year ! Just my opinion!
Yes, this is how it works. Great explanation.

Before we start with the negative recruitment tantrums! I have a few questions?

The COVID year …. Who is eligible for another year ? Any of our Transfers/Seniors ? Rae , Green , Dye , Walker? What about our Juniors ….., Horston, Key , Renne, Saunders , ? Or our Sophomore’s ? These decisions will definitely affect the recruitment of new players!
Right now we have 14 players for this year ! With Justine coming in for 2022 ….. Any COVID players will matter greatly! If nothing changes and no COVID extra years , And no more recruits for 22 ….. we still will have 11 players for 2022 year ! This is doable even if not desirable!
Everyone seems to be pointing to 2023 as the BIG YEAR FOR RECRUITING? So in my opinion…. I would not mind our seniors and juniors getting an extra year to maintain a veteran supporting team ! That being said : NOT all would get an extra year but does anyone know who is eligible? 🤷‍♂️

Last year was a free year for everyone

Because of COVID, the transfer portal, and staff changes, there is no need for a 3 or 4 player recruiting class for 2022. Will probably sign that many for 2023 but team numbers still look good for 2022 even without anyone taking the COVID extension.

Agree ….. but ?

For the 2022 year …. Right now we only have Justine ! Of the Senior class the only players that could possibly play in 2023 are Rae and Walker . I think that Rae will turn Pro and this is Walker’s fifth year in college ….. would Rae or Walker want to play another year ? 🤷‍♂️

Barring any changes? We will have 11 players for the year of 2022—23 ! Doable, but not necessarily advisable? With Rennia and then Rae and Jordan , maybe Key …. This gives us Three years in a row of sending players to the Pros….. Continuing to win and increasing our NCAA TOURNAMENT advancements will bring us back to the level of prestige that we all want ! JMO

PS…. My bets on COVID extra year players are …. Saunders , Rennie, and Tess !

Reactions: mlindsay
Agree ….. but ?

For the 2022 year …. Right now we only have Justine ! Of the Senior class the only players that could possibly play in 2023 are Rae and Walker . I think that Rae will turn Pro and this is Walker’s fifth year in college ….. would Rae or Walker want to play another year ? 🤷‍♂️

Barring any changes? We will have 11 players for the year of 2022—23 ! Doable, but not necessarily advisable? With Rennia and then Rae and Jordan , maybe Key …. This gives us Three years in a row of sending players to the Pros….. Continuing to win and increasing our NCAA TOURNAMENT advancements will bring us back to the level of prestige that we all want ! JMO

I agree with you that Saunders, Rennie, and Darby probably will use the COVID extra year. I also think that Walker will use the COVID extra year.

As to the Class of 2022, in my opinion, the LVs will have more than just Justine. We know Oldacre and Cooper are still considering the LVs and there may be another recruit or two that the coaching staff is chasing. We shall see.

Last edited:
I agree with you that Saunders, Rennie, and Darby probably will the COVID extra year. I also think that Walker will use the COVID extra year.

As to the Class of 2022, in my opinion, the LVs will have more than just Justine. We know Oldacre and Cooper are still considering the LVs and there may be another recruit or two that the coaching staff is chasing. We shall see.

I feel Walker will use the additional year as well. Especially if she has professional aspirations.

Reactions: mlindsay
Before we start with the negative recruitment tantrums! I have a few questions?

The COVID year …. Who is eligible for another year ? Any of our Transfers/Seniors ? Rae , Green , Dye , Walker? What about our Juniors ….., Horston, Key , Renne, Saunders , ? Or our Sophomore’s ? These decisions will definitely affect the recruitment of new players!
Right now we have 14 players for this year ! With Justine coming in for 2022 ….. Any COVID players will matter greatly! If nothing changes and no COVID extra years , And no more recruits for 22 ….. we still will have 11 players for 2022 year ! This is doable even if not desirable!
Everyone seems to be pointing to 2023 as the BIG YEAR FOR RECRUITING? So in my opinion…. I would not mind our seniors and juniors getting an extra year to maintain a veteran supporting team ! That being said : NOT all would get an extra year but does anyone know who is eligible? 🤷‍♂️

This site pretty much can help everyone keep up with recruiting and who’s eligible to play, although it is not always quickly up to date.

Read the paragraph under the graph about the the covid extra year eligibility.

Tennessee Women's Basketball Recruiting - WBB Blog

Last edited:
Agree ….. but ?

Very true but I also think having some leeway scholarship wise is needed to use the portal without someone needing to leave. Kellie will honor those "family" ties. Having 2 or 3 open scholarships is advantageous.

Agree ….. but ?

We'll have 11 with Justine on the team next season already. I think were looking to get two more up to thirteen and wouldn't go higher unless we get a player we want really bad beyond that number. 2023 looks to be the year when Tennessee will see their best recruiting class in a while.

We'll have 11 with Justine on the team next season already. I think were looking to get two more up to thirteen and wouldn't go higher unless we get a player we want really bad beyond that number. 2023 looks to be the year when Tennessee will see their best recruiting class in a while.
I would not count out the Class of 2021 turning out to be a truly special class. While this class is not rated in the top five, the pieces are there to propel the program. I believe Striplin and Wynn will be special players, with Puckett more than holding her own. And do not sleep on Miles as she will put up good, solid numbers over her career.

We have 14 players on the roster for the 21/22 season, four of those are either seniors or grad students. If all four of those leave, and with Pissott arriving, we'll have 11 next season. If we recruit no other HS senior to join Pissott, then the transfer portal is an option. But what's available in the portal may not be what we need for the next season or the long run. The question is - would we be better off taking two role player type recruits for the 22 class or wait to try to upgrade from them by waiting until 23 to take anyone else? I can see the argument both ways.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
We have 14 players on the roster for the 21/22 season, four of those are either seniors or grad students. If all four of those leave, and with Pissott arriving, we'll have 11 next season. If we recruit no other HS senior to join Pissott, then the transfer portal is an option. But what's available in the portal may not be what we need for the next season or the long run. The question is - would we be better off taking two role player type recruits for the 22 class or wait to try to upgrade from them by waiting until 23 to take anyone else? I can see the argument both ways.
We should remember that Walker will have the option to stay an extra year and I think she will chose to do so. If she does, the roster will be a minimum of 12 strong for 2022. I would not recruit simply for role players for the Class of 2022 because you will have those recruits for four years and because you would have less roster spots going forward that might limit you from recruiting some of the sought after players for the next four years. If you have a need to fill, I simply would go the transfer
portal route.

What went wrong with Jenkins? She was a top get for a while with a lot of posters on here?

There were posters certain she would be the next to commit.

Funny thing. Kellie -- who knows exactly what she wants -- wanted Jenkins badly a couple of weeks ago. Then on her visit when it became apparent Jenkins was leaning in another direction, Kellie -- who still knows exactly what she wants -- suddenly decided she didn't want Jenkins that badly anymore. On to the next player she knows she wants badly...

wanted Jenkins badly a couple of weeks ago. Then on her visit when it became apparent Jenkins was leaning in another direction, Kellie -- who still knows exactly what she wants -- suddenly decided she didn't want Jenkins that badly anymore. On to the next player she knows she wants badly...

Do you have a source for your claims, or did you just make all that up?

He is attacking Harper's recruiting, again, and again, ad nauseum.

Darth was hoping she would get Jenkins verbal ! Then he could throw the usual belittling toward coach Kelly ….. Negative comments about the ranking of the recruits….. they are not top ten or even worthy of being a lady vol ! We have all heard the vitriol they spew !!!!!

But then the plan blew up and left them nothing to criticize but to throw doubt about not knowing what Kellie wants for a certain type of recruit ? It’s the same old bulls t comments from the same old tired bully just wanting to start an argument! Best to DIVORCE yourself from any statements like this ! 😈

VN Store

Back