2022 Recruits

This girl took such uncalled for ridicule, from a few posters on here, it made my skin crawl...She was still dealing with extreme breathing difficulties and chest pain from Covid in that well publicized late April game, but she battled on the best she could.

As of today, she is the only 2022 recruit that wants to come here....I'm sure that when recruits read some of the criticism that is tossed around here about these high school girls playing basketball, this is not the most desired destination.

Last edited:
This girl took such uncalled ridicule, from a few posters on here, it made my skin crawl...She was still dealing with extreme breathing difficulties and chest pain from Covid in that well publicized late April game, but she battled on the best she could.

As of today, she is the only 2022 recruit that wants to come here....I'm sure that when recruits read some of the criticism that is tossed around here about these high school girls playing basketball, this is not the most desired destination.
she was battling through covid and she was still listed as one of the top performers for that early April Showcase

This girl took such uncalled for ridicule, from a few posters on here, it made my skin crawl...

If anyone ridiculed her I certainly didn't see it. There were people who critiqued her game.

You really need to stop hyperventilating. People who don't know any better will come and read what you posted and think there is some truth to it when there isn't. That hurts the program a lot more than someone saying a player needs to play more physical etc...

This girl took such uncalled for ridicule, from a few posters on here, it made my skin crawl...She was still dealing with extreme breathing difficulties and chest pain from Covid in that well publicized late April game, but she battled on the best she could.

A little kindness goes a long way. Or just be patient and let things unfold and get the whole story 🤓

If anyone ridiculed her I certainly didn't see it. There were people who critiqued her game.

You really need to stop hyperventilating. People who don't know any better will come and read what you posted and think there is some truth to it when there isn't. That hurts the program a lot more than someone saying a player needs to play more physical etc...

Well there is a happy medium between what you both are saying...

There were people who said things like all she did was stand on the perimeter, she needed to get tougher, better shape, all she can do is pass, didnt hustle, too slow ... All valid critiques but could have been taken out of context by other posters just like someone could have taken what you say he said out of context

Knowing what we know now (AND what Gametime tried to tell everyone about her might not being 100% which looks like it’s what it was) i get where a little more sympathy could have come into play with some of the critiques..

All in all what was most impressive is she played sick and still made a list of top players in a tourney that had some highly touted players 👀

of course i paraphrased some of what people had said but you get the gist and i’m honestly excited about the direction we are moving in!

Last edited:

She has 5 but not saying who. Rumor that SCar and UT are in the 5, but I don't think anybody has a clue. She could be a star at SCar. She could be a program builder (re-builder) at UT.

Last edited:

She has 5 but not saying who. Rumor that SCar and UT are in the 5, but I don't think anybody has a clue. She could be a star at SCar. She could be a program builder (re-builder) at UT.

I hope the rumors about Lady Vols being in her top 5 are true haha legit thought we had no chance at her...based on what you said I think her top 5 is SCar,Tennessee,Ole Miss,UGA,Arizona(wild card)
at the end of the day I have a strong feeling she will be in the SEC

I hope the rumors about Lady Vols being in her top 5 are true haha legit thought we had no chance at her...based on what you said I think her top 5 is SCar,Tennessee,Ole Miss,UGA,Arizona(wild card)

I would not discount the three P-5 schools in her home-state.

I felt the same as far as thinking we had no chance til we brought the new AC on board. I can tell she has ALOT of connections with recruits and earns her dollar.

I want Barker more than anyone we've signed in the last decade.

Thank You ! i talk to some of players when i go and watch HS games and again watch. I will be in NC in 2 weeks and will try and get some feedback this issue. And as you said i have not seen any poster ridiculed her. Also i`m sure no one on this board even heard of her before she committed to TN ? not even me.

Thank You ! i talk to some of players when i go and watch HS games and again watch. I will be in NC in 2 weeks and will try and get some feedback this issue. And as you said i have not seen any poster ridiculed her. Also i`m sure no one on this board even heard of her before she committed to TN ? not even me.
sad, but true,,,posters from other schools in particular use this site to publicly sabotage

Are you defining best by ranking, projected individual success, or expected impact to team success?

Russell was a #1 rated recruit, and it would be hard to top Rennia for individual success.
Best by production. I think Barker will be more successful (Stats, Awards) than Davis was.
I just hope it's for the LV's

Are you defining best by ranking, projected individual success, or expected impact to team success?

Russell was a #1 rated recruit, and it would be hard to top Rennia for individual success.

If we get her, she'll be our best player since Catchings/Parker. That kind of impact.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
With all the “generational” type talent Geno keeps signing year after year at UCONN I am a bit surprised he has not starting getting some “under achieving “ press. Its been awhile since he has turned all that talent into a NC. When you have the most talent in the country a final four placing isn’t as noteworthy IMO.

With all the “generational” type talent Geno keeps signing year after year at UCONN I am a bit surprised he has not starting getting some “under achieving “ press. Its been awhile since he has turned all that talent into a NC. When you have the most talent in the country a final four placing isn’t as noteworthy IMO.

Geno will retire like Duke coach K. With all that stars he never win again cause other teams shows up during tournament time.

VN Store

Back