2022 Recruits

There was a piece about her in the Tennessean yesterday. It won't let me post the article here, but here is the pertinent part, notable because of who isn't included among the offers:

"Weathers now is not only a standout on the Lady Mustangs roster, receiving offers from Alabama, Belmont, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kentucky MTSU, Vanderbilt and others, she also has become the leader for the program vying for a third straight state tournament run."

The schools that are mentioned tell you a lot though. If that’s who she’s primarily communicating with it would appear she is not ready to score at the premier P5 level. I suspect coaches think she isn’t athletic enough to cut the mustard against the best teams. She seems very much like a Vivian Grey to me. An excellent, tough, individual performer but destined to play on an underperforming team because she just isn’t athletic enough to compete with the big dogs.

We have an offer out to her, and have had for some time. I don’t think the staff is targeting her very hard at all though based on social media presence.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Just a non-expert comment from listening to Coach Harper. She seems to strongly prefer players who are taller than average. An example, Her comment following the Ky game on Jordon was a transfer included a recognition she was not "as tall."

The WBB blog says we do have an offer for Weathers outstanding. So up to anyone who they believe a poster here or the WBB Blog person who has been right a huge percentage of the time. Second doesn't matter how many players come back teams are allowed to go over the 15 total scholarships next season.
She is a 2022 recruit, so this is not next season.

The schools that are mentioned tell you a lot though. If that’s who she’s primarily communicating with it would appear she is not ready to score at the premier P5 level. I suspect coaches think she isn’t athletic enough to cut the mustard against the best teams. She seems very much like a Vivian Grey to me. An excellent, tough, individual performer but destined to play on an underperforming team because she just isn’t athletic enough to compete with the big dogs.

We have an offer out to her, and have had for some time. I don’t think the staff is targeting her very hard at all though based on social media presence.
ASGR is the only one ranking her right now number 66 it could be because of the small school she comes from. The playing video I see of her looks really excellent she moves well and can definitely shoot the three. WBB blog shows we have offered her. He is usually correct on who is offering what player.

I think he is leaving some names off. Names in bold are my choices....

Janiah Barker, 6-2 forward, Tampa, Florida
KK Bransford, 5-10 guard, Cincinnati, Ohio

Darianna Buggs, 6-1 wing, Edmond, Oklahoma
Alyssa Crockett, 6-2 forward, Westfield, Indiana
McKenna Hayes, 5-11 wing, Ooltewah, Tennessee
Flau’jae Johnson, 5-10 wing, Marietta, Georgia
Amiya Joyner, 6-2 forward, Farmville, North Carolina
Amina Muhammad, 6-3 forward, DeSoto, Texas
Ayanna Patterson, 6-2 wing, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Justine Pissott, 6-4 wing, Toms River, New Jersey

Sa’Myah Smith, 6-2 forward, DeSoto, Texas
Lazaria Spearman, 6-3 forward, Dacula, Georgia
Jenn Sullivan, 5-7 guard, Knoxville, Tennessee
Karly Weathers, 5-9 guard, Loretto, Tennessee
Ruby Whitehorn, 6-0 guard, Detroit, Michigan
Zyanna Walker, 5-8 guard, Wichita, Kansas

As to the type of offers, I don't think anyone knows except the recruiting staff and player.

Reactions: Volfan2012

Yes I don't think he lists any offers unless he is totally sure. He is more likely to have people that we have offered left off the list than vice versa.

As to the type of offers, I don't think anyone knows except the recruiting staff and player.
lol I dont even know half the names on this list....why am I now seeing this??

ASGR is the only one ranking her right now number 66 it could be because of the small school she comes from. The playing video I see of her looks really excellent she moves well and can definitely shoot the three. WBB blog shows we have offered her. He is usually correct on who is offering what player.
Relative athleticism is pretty easy to see. Actual athleticism is harder for a fan level type like most of us on this board to discern. You may have a really fine eye for this and if so from your lips to Kellie’s ear.

Everyone of them are really good. Already have one commitment. If they play well the rest of the season, they may get most (or all) of their primary targets. Who the 1-4 targets are is anyones best guess.

I don't think we are a player for Lazalia Spearman even if we offered she seems to be down to four schools and were not one of them.

Of all of them I think Whitehorn is my favorite just from her video. She has length and quickness and looks to have an excellent jump shot. All these new players I didn't know about really shows our staff is going near and far in search of players.

Relative athleticism is pretty easy to see. Actual athleticism is harder for a fan level type like most of us on this board to discern. You may have a really fine eye for this and if so from your lips to Kellie’s ear.
Since she has offered her I guess that would be a definite yes that she is very interested.

Reactions: Lucy
Of all of them I think Whitehorn is my favorite just from her video. She has length and quickness and looks to have an excellent jump shot. All these new players I didn't know about really shows our staff is going near and far in search of players.

She also comes from a good program! Rickea jackson went there and they just had another player in the top 20 who went to Michigan State. She is a beast at the pg hard nosed kid

Not being harsh but that level of competition in that game looks pretty weak ? Now i could be wrong i`m only looking at that one clip. To me to keep pace or get to SC and A&M level we need to go after some elite players. Right now with the team we have i think we can play on the same level with any of the top teams. Why because of of post play KK will be gone after this year Emily then moves into her roll as a backup to Key ?. Let`s just say Emily wants to start then she will take her talent somewhere else. Not saying this will happen just throwing it out there but i hope she stays.

VN Store

Back