2022 Recruits

I am no expert on recruiting..... that said : recruiting is a two way street . If there is no interest on either one side or the other or both ! The potential for a commitment is zero . Just Saying...... Maybe she is not interested? Then no need to offer or waste any time . 🤷‍♂️

I am no expert on recruiting..... that said : recruiting is a two way street . If there is no interest on either one side or the other or both ! The potential for a commitment is zero . Just Saying...... Maybe she is not interested? Then no need to offer or waste any time . 🤷‍♂️

Fair

Reactions: PRG
Good for the kid. Is this good for TN? She’s not top thirty. What’s the take from the board?

What I really think is that the most common thing I see in recruiting threads, regardless of sport, is that people either oversell and hype, or undersell and dump. So-and-so is the next big thing, such-and-such will never contribute, so on, so forth. It always feels silly to me, because if coaches aren't even sure (and there's plenty of times coaches get it wrong) then how the heck can fans be sure. But boy oh boy can they be sure. The truth is far less varnished and far less attractive in most cases. Players have strengths. Players have weaknesses. Very few -- precious few -- are the kind who can single-handedly alter a team's trajectory. For most, it won't just be about them, but the other players around them. But then, that's true of everything in life, so.

That said, seems like she can play. Signing players from powerhouse programs can be an interesting proposition. Some of the kids are good, some of the kids are good because of the players around them. I do not know a thing about this girl aside from some written articles that say she plays guard at 6'-3" and shot about 40% from the arc. That's pretty good. A tall shooter is a decent thing to have on the roster. Some people commenting here say she appears a wee bit slower than the types of athletes you see in the SEC, so I'm also curious as to how she'll fit in and what they'll need to do to get her looks. I'm also curious about her defensive ability, but that's hard to know until you see them in action. Beyond that, who the heck knows. Hopefully the coaches. On to the next rung.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
What I really think is that the most common thing I see in recruiting threads, regardless of sport, is that people either oversell and hype, or undersell and dump. So-and-so is the next big thing, such-and-such will never contribute, so on, so forth. It always feels silly to me, because if coaches aren't even sure (and there's plenty of times coaches get it wrong) then how the heck can fans be sure. But boy oh boy can they be sure. The truth is far less varnished and far less attractive in most cases. Players have strengths. Players have weaknesses. Very few -- precious few -- are the kind who can single-handedly alter a team's trajectory. For most, it won't just be about them, but the other players around them. But then, that's true of everything in life, so.

That said, seems like she can play. Signing players from powerhouse programs can be an interesting proposition. Some of the kids are good, some of the kids are good because of the players around them. I do not know a thing about this girl aside from some written articles that say she plays guard at 6'-3" and shot about 40% from the arc. That's pretty good. A tall shooter is a decent thing to have on the roster. Some people commenting here say she appears a wee bit slower than the types of athletes you see in the SEC, so I'm also curious as to how she'll fit in and what they'll need to do to get her looks. Beyond that, who the heck knows. Hopefully the coaches. On to the next rung.

Let's be honest....She's a wee bit whiter than they want....

Candace Parker is not walking through that door again....The girl can play and play well...And further more, she wants to be a Lady Vol.

I'll predict now, UConn and the rest of the current big dogs will come after her after this season....She's so talented.

Last edited:
While there may be someone who posts here that can actually evaluate players when they are this young, there is a lot that can happen in the two years before they suit up. Justine might grow another couple of inches and develop shot accuracy out to 40 feet....or not. Maybe she turns into a power forward. It's just too early to know if she is going to be a dominator. I'm sure the coaches know the type player that will work for them since they are having success in recruiting talented winners. I don't believe player rankings are as important as some seem to feel. The top 50 (consensus) players (or more) can all be developed and integrated into a winning team. There may be two or three exceptional players every year and it would be great to land them if they have the mental game the staff is recruiting, but it won't be the end of the world if we don't sign one or more. While the top 50 has talent in spades, not all have the mental game nailed. Getting that right is critical. We have some experience with this.

Candace Parker is not walking through that door again....The girl can play and play well...And further more, she want to be a Lady Vol.

I'll predict now, UConn and the rest of the current big dogs will come after her after this season....She's so talented.

I do not have any reason to suspect a racial animus to their comments, and I'm loathe to assume that about someone without having any proof. If anyone were actually motivated by that sort of thinking, then they'd need to tiptoe past Breanna Stewart, Sabrina Ionescu, Paige Bueckers, Angie Bjorklund, and a whole host of other reasons why that's more than a bit silly. But setting that claim aside, some players are faster than other players. Why they're faster or slower is immaterial. Whatever Pissott's playing speed may be, the coaches will need to work with her and put her in the best position to succeed. Heck, she may be faster than people think from viewing whatever footage has been shared. Who knows. But like I said, every player has strengths and weaknesses. And when you build a team you find synergies between the strengths that create the best version of your team on the court. So. It just is what it is.

Reactions: Hangtyme24

Candace Parker is not walking through that door again....The girl can play and play well...And further more, she want to be a Lady Vol.

You may be right about a UConn. When you have two 2021 top five kids assuming they get the kid that is still waiting, and you have the number two 2022, pairing them with skilled size that is 30ish works.

You may be right about a UConn. When you have two 2021 top five kids assuming they get the kid that is still waiting, and you have the number two 2022, pairing them with skilled size that is 30ish works.

Since this picture is around Christmas, Justine appears to have had an interest in UConn...Not sure what turned her for the Lady Vols, but glad it did....Lacey did good.
Resized_20151224_195456.jpg

By the looks of our committed and signed players we are looking a lot like Mizzou. Just no Sophie on our roster.

Since this picture is around Christmas, Justine appears to have had an interest in UConn...Not sure what turned her for the Lady Vols, but glad it did....Lacey did good.
Resized_20151224_195456.jpg

UConn checked her out early on but never showed serious interest. They're aiming higher.

Nice player.

Ayanna Patterson top five is the sister to a former UT male basketball player.

This young lady , #3 rated player ! A definite top ten recruit ..... 2022 is when Kellie should be getting top ten players ! Horston’s senior year , would be a great get to replace her ! JMO.
Then 2023 Cori Allen #17 pg out of Nashville who’s dad played at UT also ..... Let’s keep this train a moving .....

This young lady , #3 rated player ! A definite top ten recruit ..... 2022 is when Kellie should be getting top ten players ! Horston’s senior year , would be a great get to replace her ! JMO.
Then 2023 Cori Allen #17 pg out of Nashville who’s dad played at UT also ..... Let’s keep this train a moving .....

Heard Cori is very high on ND, like dream school. Guess we'll see

By aiming higher, hopefully they have missed the bullseye. They weren’t interested in Evina Westbrook once upon a time either.
Looking at UConn‘s 2021 recruits they have two 6’2” shooting guard types in Saylor Poffenbarger and Caroline Ducharme. They have different needs than the type of player Justine is.

I knew that picture of Justine in the UConn gear would draw out a detractor or two....
I expected Garth/Darth, but you'll have to do.

I'll put you in the unimpressed list...

You posted the kid in a UConn jersey and asked what turned her to the LVs. I answered based on what I know. If you want to believe she chose the LVs over UConn then go for it.

Pissot is a good player but championships are won with elite recruits.

Reactions: mcannon1
You posted the kid in a UConn jersey and asked what turned her to the LVs. I answered based on what I know. If you want to believe she chose the LVs over UConn then go for it.

Pissot is a good player but championships are won with elite recruits.

In reading a couple of her articles i don’t think we will ever know how highly recruited she was until she actually says it because her trainer told her that putting up all those offers is to get your ego stroked nothing more so her recruitment had remained fairly low key.

it will be interesting to see how she develops because she plays on one of the best AAU teams in the country and is one of their best kids.

I think her ranking will improve because of the exposure at playing in different events, her high school team (i think i read is said to be pretty good), and her work ethic. i wouldn’t be surprised to see her as a top 20 kid at least barring injuries or any thing like that.

In reading a couple of her articles i don’t think we will ever know how highly recruited she was until she actually says it because her trainer told her that putting up all those offers is to get your ego stroked nothing more so her recruitment had remained fairly low key.

it will be interesting to see how she develops because she plays on one of the best AAU teams in the country and is one of their best kids.

I think her ranking will improve because of the exposure at playing in different events, her high school team (i think i read is said to be pretty good), and her work ethic. i wouldn’t be surprised to see her as a top 20 kid at least barring injuries or any thing like that.

I really liked her story about BB and the advice given about life and ego’s etc. I liked the storylines about Puckett and Stricklin, Wynn and evening Tess Darby ! These kids had good up bringing and families that love and support them .....

I have seen (watched) our McDonalds AA and geeess us . I played and coached this game that I love ! But to see teams not exhibit sound BB principles was very hard to support! All we did was show other teams that great players do not necessarily make the best BB TEAMS.....

I have watched Tess , and Wynn .... but not the others mentioned. But all of these ladies will be a joy to watch . And at my age ,,,,, my heart can’t take anymore of the HW show !

I’ll take this type of person and enjoy their efforts even if we don’t make the FF’s ever again ! Just exhibit good BB PRINCIPLES and play the game right ..... win or lose is ok with me . Looking forward to the future.🙏

VN Store

Back