2022 Recruits

If I were on the Lady Vols staff, Avery Strickland would be a must-sign recruit, because she, IMO, is absolutely guaranteed to be mature enough to make working as hard as possible to become the very best Lady Vol she can possibly be her No.1 priority in her young life.

I don’t know how many people understand just how rare a quality that is today. Too many young people lack the maturity to understand that placing their highest priority on looking good in Instagram pics and personal video blogs isn’tgoing to help their game — getting in the gym and getting up shots WILL.

Players that want so much to prove they are worthy of being Lady Vols are, sadly, too often passed over. I think a player like Avery Strickland would be, in so many ways, a major boost to the program.

To me if you have Ace sitting in your backyard and you have another player in another state with similar skills or even slightly better. You take the hometown kid. I've seen her play softball, she's a lead off that can hit for power or slap. For her size she gets up the line as good as any smaller slapper. She played for GA Impact, Fury if you know softball than you know those programs when she played. Not sure why Tennessee is slow playing her.

To me if you have Ace sitting in your backyard and you have another player in another state with similar skills or even slightly better. You take the hometown kid. I've seen her play softball, she's a lead off that can hit for power or slap. For her size she gets up the line as good as any smaller slapper. She played for GA Impact, Fury if you know softball than you know those programs when she played. Not sure why Tennessee is slow playing her.

I will get a good look at her next weekend,,,I will be coaching her

She's legit, size, speed, ball handling, shots... became a better team player when she switched clubs teams and played with kids on her level.

Anyone else from the Knoxville area on the team?

She's legit, size, speed, ball handling, shots... became a better team player when she switched clubs teams and played with kids on her level.

Anyone else from the Knoxville area on the team?

7 of my 10 are from West Knox and Morristown

The four teams in my division play on Sat the 17th at 2PM, (Lakeway Christian Academy, Morristown)
My team is "Jade"
at 5PM the winners play the winners and the losers play in a consolation game

there are 3 other divisions
a total of 180 HS girls playing in one event/day...75 or so of which from metro Knoxville
HS girls from TN, KY, VA, NC, GA,
This is pretty much the last event of the summer..period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Majors
7 of my 10 are from West Knox and Morristown

The four teams in my division play on Sat the 17th at 2PM, (Lakeway Christian Academy, Morristown)
My team is "Jade"
at 5PM the winners play the winners and the losers play in a consolation game

there are 3 other divisions
a total of 180 HS girls playing in one event/day...75 or so of which from metro Knoxville
HS girls from TN, KY, VA, NC, GA,
This is pretty much the last event of the summer..period.

There's some kids from my hometown playing in that tourney as well for Team Crimson - Ole South Greene High School.

Good for the kid. Is this good for TN? She’s not top thirty. What’s the take from the board?

Still early for 2022 rankings, so I wouldn't read into the ranking as a strike against her. She looks good on paper. But they'll need to get in with some big time players in 2022 IMO. Key and Horston will be seniors, so they need to start lining up some big-time players to replace them when they graduate.

Hopefully, she is faster than she looked on her highlight video. Has a bit of a hitch in her shot. Has decent handles for a girl her size.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I just don’t see any trend towards big time players until we get it done on the floor. None of these players even remember when we won our last Natty. We are a school that was once a power.

It's a commit,,,not a signing

A verbal commitment happens when a college-bound student-athlete verbally agrees to play sports for a college before he or she signs or is eligible to sign a National Letter of Intent. The commitment is not binding on the student-athlete or the school and can be made at any time.

ESPN has her at #49. BlueStar at #28.
Red Bank Catholic is a perennial power in NJ. Here's a quick look.

Thanks for that. She looks like Jolly as a player with the sort of deliberate almost set shot. No one is going say she is athletic based on that film. That seemed to be the 2021 trend and we have to have some athletes to go with players that are skilled but lacking elite athleticism.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Good for the kid. Is this good for TN? She’s not top thirty. What’s the take from the board?

Good if the goal is to stay a middling SEC program. Kellie seriously needs to hit some home runs in this class to stay relevant. Very underwhelming start. Maybe this is her recruiting ceiling... ?

She may be able to get 5 in this class... honestly I’m surprised any 2022 is committing so early. No visits, rankings not updated in almost 2 years now, and most importantly (hopefully) a full and normal summer season next year. Anyways, Big get by Kellie!!! Welcome to the true Orange 🍊

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Still early for 2022 rankings, so I wouldn't read into the ranking as a strike against her. She looks good on paper. But they'll need to get in with some big time players in 2022 IMO. Key and Horston will be seniors, so they need to start lining up some big-time players to replace them when they graduate.
Very true! New evaluators + the 2022 rankings are almost 2 years old now... maybe she goes up maybe not... only time and a list will tell

If this young lady ends up at SC, UConn or Miss ST, Tenn will need a lot more then Justine you think. Tenn never even offered. Some will say it was a long shot so what. Look at some of the long shot team that offered. Maya Nnaji | WBB Blog

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
If this young lady ends up at SC, UConn or Miss ST, Tenn will need a lot more then Justine you think. Tenn never even offered. Some will say it was a long shot so what. Look at some of the long shot team that offered. Maya Nnaji | WBB Blog
What if us not Offering is because there are others in the Top 20 that we have offered that we feel are better for our system?

VN Store

Back