2022 Recruits

To clarify, as of last night, double digit schools contacted her and talked to her yesterday and UT hadn't called. She has a scholarship offer yes but there was some disappointment that UT hadn't called. And she played volleyball yesterday and they may have known that and wanted to wait due to that. Heck, they may have called last night post game.

As a note, she was the MaxPreps/AVCA Tennessee Player of the week for volleyball the week of 8/24-8/30.

Kid is a competitor and a great leader on and off the court. Hope we stay after her. Would love to see her as a Lady Vol but I'll pull for her wherever she ends up.

awesome! thanks for the clarification and update! she seems like a naturally born leader and savvy!

Last I heard she was waiting on a phone call that hadn’t come. Disappointing.

Loretto, keep us informed on this young ladies progress with UT.....I know you have been a champion of hers for quite awhile. She does look talented.

Regardless of whether or not there was an official ranking racket like there is now, Lady Vols were not always stacked with the most talented players. They were coached by Summitt to be better and work harder. 1987. We were ranked 7, and no one picked us to go very far in the NCAA. We upset No. 2 Auburn, No. 4 Long Beach State, and No. 3 Louisiana Tech to win the national championship. Our players were not considered big time. 1997. We lost ten games and were not expected to go past the sweet sixteen. No big time players except Holdsclaw who was a freshman.
Holdsclaw was a sophmore in 1997. She was on the team with my daughter, Latina Davis, for the 1996 Natty.

Mother of Latina Davis, As an ole timer who watched the phenomenal come back against Virginia - and the your daughter taking over the game at the end - it is a memory of a team who didn't give up after being down 14 points in the second half. Fans knew the young women back then and I had several opportunities to meet and talk with your daugter.

Was Latina the player that took a motivating charge against a larger player against UConn? May have been 1997.

It was actually an over-the-back, when little 5'6" Latina successfully boxed out the 6'7"gargantuan Kara Wolters literally getting tackled on the play. It was Wolters' 5th foul late in regulation which helped the Lady Vols beat UConn for the first time in OT. Next game the Lady Vols cruised to the championship over Georgia when Latina completely shut down Player of the Year Saudia Roundtree.

Marciniak and Holdsclaw got the headlines but Davis was the unsung hero of that title run. Loved her game...

2022 known offers:
- Ayanna Patterson - 6-2 W - #3
- KK Bransford - 5-11 G - #9 [top-9]
- Zyanna Walker - 5-8 PG - #13
- Grace Vanslooten - 6-3 F - #14
- Shay Bollin - 6-3 F - #20
- Amina Muhammad - 6-4 F
- Cotie McMahon - 5-11 W - #37
- Karly Weathers - 5-9 G - NR
- Flaujae Johnson - 6-0 G - NR
- Kailyn Gilbert - 5-8 PG - NR

Last edited:
Tennessee really really needs to build bridges to some of those impact players this year. Connecticut has already reloaded (and was a good candidate to go all the way this past year), and South Carolina has all but declared war with its 2021 class. Baylor had some great years recently. And then you've got Texas serving notice on anyone recruiting in the southwest. Ugh. It's going to be a rough and tumble world if teams can't keep pace with those sorts of programs.

Mother of Latina Davis, As an ole timer who watched the phenomenal come back against Virginia - and the your daughter taking over the game at the end - it is a memory of a team who didn't give up after being down 14 points in the second half. Fans knew the young women back then and I had several opportunities to meet and talk with your daugter.

Latina should have been MVP of the tournament! Without her defense, the results would have been different.

Although I remember the game very well, I'm just the step father who tried to support my daughter any way I could. she was disappointed after the SEC championship game, in which coach Summitt had told her, she was a shoe in for all tourney, but she didn't make it. she was MVP of the reginal tourney and helped her team win the Natty. What a team and what a year, that started the 3 year run. Go lady Vols!

This is the face of an offensive assassin....
She's a 3 point demon!
13701840_ce46ebee07054beeafc3ce4583a39cee.jpg

Reactions: krichunaka
I for whatever thought about the Hayes girl from Riverdale that played I think only 1 year for the Lady Vols, where did she end up transferring to?

VN Store

Back