2022 Recruits

Regardless of whether or not there was an official ranking racket like there is now, Lady Vols were not always stacked with the most talented players. They were coached by Summitt to be better and work harder. 1987. We were ranked 7, and no one picked us to go very far in the NCAA. We upset No. 2 Auburn, No. 4 Long Beach State, and No. 3 Louisiana Tech to win the national championship. Our players were not considered big time. 1997. We lost ten games and were not expected to go past the sweet sixteen. No big time players except Holdsclaw who was a freshman.
Kellie Jolly was on that team too, and Abby Cauklin was a highly recruited player. It wasn't the most stacked team, but arguably had 3 of best big game players in UT history, and any of the schools in that years tournament would have gladly taken.

Nnaji plays for the same high school as UConn‘s future star Bueckers.

Dawn has been in the stands a few times i would think ? South Carolina offered 6-4 Maya Nnaji of Hopkins, MN, on June 12. Nnaji has picked up offers from just about everybody over the last month. Nnaji is the third-ranked forward and ranked eighth overall. She isn’t listed as a true post, but she plays from the low post and fits the Gamecocks’ need. We could use a player like this i Tenn you think ?

I haven't been able to come up with a ranking for her from any of the services. Does anyone know if she's been ranked by a service ?
Per Twitter, she has also been pursued by Louisville (heavily) and Mississippi St.
So she probably is a top flight recruit.

I haven't been able to come up with a ranking for her from any of the services. Does anyone know if she's been ranked by a service ?
Per Twitter, she has also been pursued by Louisville (heavily) and Mississippi St.
So she probably is a top flight recruit.

I looked her up and found the same problem! Same with Karley Weathers . But not to worry .... the 2020 class has not played a game and the 2021 class has to finish their senior year in high school before their final rankings ! I expect our 21 class to move up in their rankings. JMO 🤔

I feel that WHO has offered a recruit is a better
Judgement of a players worth ... Like Pucket is one of our least ranked recruit but she had more offers than our other recruits? Just Saying ! 🤷‍♂️

Example : Kamilla Karadosa (HH). Was ranked in the top ten after her senior year. But as a sophomore was not listed ? This is the same situation you were asking about with the recruit you mentioned ! Depends on when these ranking services actually get off of their couches and go to a game ? 😱

Here's an article on Gilbert. I had the same problem with regard to the ranking services. Although I am not intimately involved with AAU ball, it has been my impression that the ranking services do not go to the players, i.e. high school games, they rank based on observations at the AAU events. Anyway, FYI.

Jim

Tampa Prep’s Kailyn Gilbert

Reactions: mcannon1
Oh no!! Another unranked 2022 were looking at!?!? (It’s almost like the rankings aren’t complete bc of the health crisis)

Oh no!! Another unranked 2022 were looking at!?!? (It’s almost like the rankings aren’t complete bc of the health crisis)

When SC, Lou, Stanford, UConn offer with legit offers, the rankings are secondary. But, it is rare that great talent isn’t identified before JR year.

When SC, Lou, Stanford, UConn offer with legit offers, the rankings are secondary. But, it is rare that great talent isn’t identified before JR year.
I 100% agree! It’s really just this year that’s throwing everything off. Just here for the “rankings doomsday alarmist” that will come at her

Reactions: Putbacks
Last I heard 16 schools had called her. And UT wasn’t one of them.

the article said she has an offer from UT

Weathers began receiving scholarship offers going into her freshman year of high school. So far, she has SEC offers from Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Missouri. In addition to those, she also has offers from Belmont, Purdue, South Florida, and Georgia Tech.

i thought that’s what you meant but the article says otherwise so i was confused...

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
Don't worry, I'm sure Kellie knows what she's doing...

Weathers began receiving scholarship offers going into her freshman year of high school. So far, she has SEC offers from Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Missouri. In addition to those, she also has offers from Belmont, Purdue, South Florida, and Georgia Tech.

you are correct... reading is essential

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
Puckett and Striplin are AAU teammates! I am sure Kelly and these two commitments have had many conversations about Weathers ! Besides she is a Tennessee player .... Surely she is well known and on everybody’s radar !

Tennessee has offered her already .

you are correct... reading is essential

To clarify, as of last night, double digit schools contacted her and talked to her yesterday and UT hadn't called. She has a scholarship offer yes but there was some disappointment that UT hadn't called. And she played volleyball yesterday and they may have known that and wanted to wait due to that. Heck, they may have called last night post game.

As a note, she was the MaxPreps/AVCA Tennessee Player of the week for volleyball the week of 8/24-8/30.

Kid is a competitor and a great leader on and off the court. Hope we stay after her. Would love to see her as a Lady Vol but I'll pull for her wherever she ends up.

VN Store

Back