2022 Recruits

Everyone is saying Kellie is less of a recruiter based on one player !

No, everyone is saying Kellie is a less of a recruiter based on two full classes both coaches have signed after being hired within weeks of one another. Stealing the sister of one of Kellie's players was just the coup de grace....

Garth is back....
alien.gif

No, everyone is saying Kellie is a less of a recruiter based on two full classes both coaches have signed after being hired within weeks of one another. Stealing the sister of one of Kellie's players was just the coup de grace....

Losing a kid rated 17th or so to an instate school isn’t that big of deal to me. It’s only concerning given her sister being here. Go out and get a top five bell cow next year. If she can do that, it will alleviate concerns and people will move pass this miss quickly.

Reactions: mcannon1
Stealing the hometown girl? I think you jest. She wanted to stay close to her home & friends, no fault of Kellie for that.

Except she also lost the Michigan girl. And none of these recruiting losses are ever Kellie's fault...

The reason Holly got canned is that she consistently reeled in those top 20 players, but many of them had flaws in their game that she could not help them overcome. They were often the best athletes on the board and the flaws were usually related to the finer skills of basketball... risk management, efficiency, shot selection, shooting percentage, etc.

KJH is not recruiting the best athletes, she is recruiting the best ball players... shooters, passers, heady/tough players that do the little things required to win. So far I like the players coming in. I know KJH can coach defense; I just hope she can teach them to create open shots and not waste offensive possessions. I must admit, I didn't love her offensive sets.

Except she also lost the Michigan girl. And none of these recruiting losses are ever Kellie's fault...

Neither are any of the recruiting wins according to you ... oh that’s right you don’t think any of our recruits are elite. Well since you speak Jeff Walz she out recruited Jeff for 2 players we know of and I am pretty sure he showed interest in Karoline Striplin. If he didn’t I know there were a multitude of other schools who did.

Michigan girl?!? That’s how important she obviously was because you couldn’t even remember her name it was WIGGINS by the way.

The reason Holly got canned is that she consistently reeled in those top 20 players, but many of them had flaws in their game that she could not help them overcome. They were often the best athletes on the board and the flaws were usually related to the finer skills of basketball... risk management, efficiency, shot selection, shooting percentage, etc.

KJH is not recruiting the best athletes, she is recruiting the best ball players... shooters, passers, heady/tough players that do the little things required to win. So far I like the players coming in. I know KJH can coach defense; I just hope she can teach them to create open shots and not waste offensive possessions. I must admit, I didn't love her offensive sets.
So you are saying and I agree, Holly couldn't coach!

That’s the hope. Prioritizing skilled players seemed to apply at UConn perhaps more than TN over the last 2 decades. However, UConn typically lands key top 3 players. So, the approach you described is good but likely requires adding a top player every couple of cycles.

If/when Miles commits today at 5PM,,,Coach K will be one of only two collegiate teams with 4-top 100 recruits...easily making her a top 3-5 in the class...

Nuff said!
Interesting that you would have Kellie's 2021 class in the top-3-5 when there's no consensus top 10 or even consensus top 20 player in it (Miles included). It probably is if you're just talking about top 3-5 within the SEC alone.

Interesting that you would have Kellie's 2021 class in the top-3-5 when there's no consensus top 10 or even consensus top 20 player in it (Miles included). It probably is if you're just talking about top 3-5 within the SEC alone.

We are one of two teams with 4 top 100 players...I've been in the game long enough to know how that affects the final outcome

Four solid contributors are more meaningful when you are building or rebuilding a roster. Now we may have overdone it numbers wise between last year and this. But, top 40 or 50 are likely to be solid contributors. Below that not so much. To make it work in a nationally relevant way, she has got to add an elite player or two in 2022 or get same via transfer IMO.

Reactions: mcannon1
Four solid contributors are more meaningful when you are building or rebuilding a roster. Now we may have overdone it numbers wise between last year and this. But, top 40 or 50 are likely to be solid contributors. Below that not so much. To make it work in a nationally relevant way, she has got to add an elite player or two in 2022 or get same via transfer IMO.
Ehhh, I don't know. The top 25-30 will most likely be solid players. I agree that Kellie should target some of those in '22...particularly interior players.

Beyond that upper echelon, there will be some players that are surprisingly good and others that are not primetime ready. Gotta see them play on the big stage and let the chips fall. '21 will be lead by Jordan, Rae and Tamari going into the season, so there's a chance that at least two of the freshmen could land starting roles and will have ample minutes to show what they've got.

Reactions: lfvol and mcannon1
Yo
I literally mentioned this earlier... but we were literally talking about consistent good competition. Yes they play some good teams (6 games of which you provided. However, out of nearly 40 total games), but their District is the majority of their schedule and it’s super weak. You will never convince me Single A is good when they absolutely trash these other schools. AGAIN THIS IS NOT A DISH ON KARLY OR HER SKILL!!! HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS!?!?

Sorry just saw this but you literally said Single A kids couldn’t dribble. I said that was harsh (I should have said moronic but held back) then explained why Loretto doesn’t play better teams (most won’t play us) and we can’t change our district.
But more importantly, if it wasn’t a knock on any certain player the why say it at all? Just to be an ass?

VN Store

Back