2022 Recruits

2023 list without Jada Harrison from Westview is a joke. She is going to be one of the best scoring guards in the entire country in her class.
NYAA is a middle school ranking. This is what these girls were ranked coming out of middle school so I’m sure plenty has changed. Esp 2022s and 2023’a being 2 years out of MS now

Azzi Fudd is 2021 and the 2022 commit is 6'3" post 'Ice' Brady ranked #3 overall. Two of his 2020 recruits are under ranked because of not playing in the US. Aaliyah Edwards is a 6'3" forward who was voted MVP and DPOY for the Ontario Scholastic Basketball Assoc. and has played on the Canadian National Women's Team since she was 17. Also Croatian point guard Nika Muhl who is hardly mentioned in recruiting services and appears to be a Paige clone in highlight videos. Throw in #3 ranked forward and Maryland Gatorade Player of the year Mir McLean. Lastly 6'5" post Piath Gabirel who has offers from Tennessee, L'ville, UNC, Miami, etc.

Yup, It's pretty clear poor old Geno has lost his recruiting touch.

Reactions: mcannon1
Wow high praise, and I agree eventually. After the first time I saw her I knew that she was legit, and getting to actually see her live is something else. She’s going to be a monster. I mean only a sophomore. Literally from KNOXVILLE. Would be a tragic loss for the program.
Sometimes kids just want to go away to school.

Hearing they will just delay it into the fall
So have kids playing basketball right before their HS ball seasons. Not sure school coaches will want their players possibly hurt before season. Who knows just doesn’t look like they can get it in this year.

Odds are there will not be any AAU this year.

I do not think that is accurate. I think once we get into middle of April we will see things relaxed as far as restrictions on events. Although, it is obviously not uniform across the country. Some places will be playing while other states will not. Just my guess.

therickbol with a smile you have not been listening to our President he states August before all clear.

I do not think that is accurate. I think once we get into middle of April we will see things relaxed as far as restrictions on events. Although, it is obviously not uniform across the country. Some places will be playing while other states will not. Just my guess.
It will be several months or more before anyone chances the liability of getting groups together just to play and watch kids play a sport!

It will be several months or more before anyone chances the liability of getting groups together just to play and watch kids play a sport!
It's already happening in other parts of the world and the US is not "several months" behind them in terms of progress. I have heard from multiple leaders in government, education and business that say their expectation is that by the middle of April we will have very clear picture of where we are and how restrictions have impacted progress. They would be very surprised if things have not turned the corner at that point and events starting to resume. Our superintendent expressed that he fully expects we will resume school by April 6th. Not to mention by then people are going to be clamoring for an outlet and if it's clear that infections have plateaued and started declining then you won't be able to keep people sequestered any more. Of course all of that plays out much different if things manage to take a turn for the worse.

It's already happening in other parts of the world and the US is not "several months" behind them in terms of progress. I have heard from multiple leaders in government, education and business that say their expectation is that by the middle of April we will have very clear picture of where we are and how restrictions have impacted progress. They would be very surprised if things have not turned the corner at that point and events starting to resume. Our superintendent expressed that he fully expects we will resume school by April 6th. Not to mention by then people are going to be clamoring for an outlet and if it's clear that infections have plateaued and started declining then you won't be able to keep people sequestered any more. Of course all of that plays out much different if things manage to take a turn for the worse.

Apparently China, and more importantly South Korea (because they can be believed) have turned the corner 3 months into the virus. I did read a report from an American stranded in Wuhan and he is saying that things are getting back to normal there. I see no reason why the US would be any different and I actually expect better results. I think by early May much of this will be behind us.

Apparently China, and more importantly South Korea (because they can be believed) have turned the corner 3 months into the virus. I did read a report from an American stranded in Wuhan and he is saying that things are getting back to normal there. I see no reason why the US would be any different and I actually expect better results. I think by early May much of this will be behind us.
I expect the same, barring something unexpected happening.

You don't see the military here dragging people kicking and screaming that don't obey the lockdown orders like we saw in China. This is a totally different situation here. Just look at the beaches and all the kids partying. Maybe we got ahead of it quick enough to help and I hope so, but this isn't going to be a quick thing in my opinion. If we try to go back to normal too soon, it will negate a lot of the success we will have had in this crisis.

China is a dictatorship so they enforced quarantines with their army. South Korea immediately started mass testing which allowed them to identify hotspots before things really got going. They have administered 295K tests to a population of 52m. We have tested around 82K on a population of 330m. I hope you are right about May but we came out of the gate pretty slowly.
I have more confidence in our research community coming up with first effective treatments and then a vaccine than I do the feds handling this.

So have kids playing basketball right before their HS ball seasons. Not sure school coaches will want their players possibly hurt before season. Who knows just doesn’t look like they can get it in this year.
Well late summer... July is still a go as far as I’ve seen and really teams do not meet until November, so I’d say up through September is fair game

Well late summer... July is still a go as far as I’ve seen and really teams do not meet until November, so I’d say up through September is fair game
Possibly but but major improvements have to take place before July. Just in the so called Exp Tourneys you have 100’s and 100’s of teams coaches and fans and workers under one roof at the same time. Pro sports will dictate so much if they decide to start their seasons back up with thousands of fans in attendance then I would say these big venues would take on the liability. But with school closings and probably for the rest of this year not sure teams will even have a place to practice.

Possibly but but major improvements have to take place before July. Just in the so called Exp Tourneys you have 100’s and 100’s of teams coaches and fans and workers under one roof at the same time. Pro sports will dictate so much if they decide to start their seasons back up with thousands of fans in attendance then I would say these big venues would take on the liability. But with school closings and probably for the rest of this year not sure teams will even have a place to practice.
Very true. All good points. I do know not all travel teams practice a lot together. And from what I’ve seen many girls are practicing in empty gyms as we speak. There are a lot of steps before cancel though. And the more Ive looked into it all the way until November is fair game. With that being said if school is back, so will travel basketball. Recruiting really doesn’t exist without it.

Very true. All good points. I do know not all travel teams practice a lot together. And from what I’ve seen many girls are practicing in empty gyms as we speak. There are a lot of steps before cancel though. And the more Ive looked into it all the way until November is fair game. With that being said if school is back, so will travel basketball. Recruiting really doesn’t exist without it.
I am sure there are some AAU coaches and personal trainers sneaking around doing workouts or practices somewhere. The $ not flowing in right now for these guys. This year with everything going on College Coaches just might have to change the way they recruit. Some actually just might have to go watch some HS games next winter!

I am sure there are some AAU coaches and personal trainers sneaking around doing workouts or practices somewhere. The $ not flowing in right now for these guys. This year with everything going on College Coaches just might have to change the way they recruit. Some actually just might have to go watch some HS games next winter!
I agree but HS games will never be great for recruits. HS can really suck. Like really really suck. And you might be a great player. What will happen is these “scouts” will attain more power

Reactions: Decker Moss
There are two on this list that I am hoping to see in Knoxville. Cori Allen and Jada Harrison. Sorry I just noticed this is the 2022 thread. This is the same list as above for the 2023 rankings in this area.

Attachments

• IMG_20200322_191930.jpg
    IMG_20200322_191930.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 52
There are two on this list that I am hoping to see in Knoxville. Cori Allen and Jada Harrison. Sorry I just noticed this is the 2022 thread. This is the same list as above for the 2023 rankings in this area.
I’d add Jailyn Banks and Mallory Collier to that list. Surpried Collier is so low on this “ranking” considering she’s in the Top 10 on ESPN 25 watchlist for her class

VN Store

Back