2022 Recruits

CKH has rescinded the offer according to MTSU staff, citing Covid. They would love to have her but no way they get her over Bama, Kentucky, Indiana, and other P5 programs. I spent 2 hours on the phone on my drive back talking to coaches that cannot believe CKH isn’t begging her to be a LV.
Potentially Tennessee’s Sue Bird.
This post has a smell to it.

I’ve watched only film of Miss Weathers, but I really like her. I’ve read articles about her, about her incredible family. And I hope we sign her ...IF our Coach thinks she fits. AND IIF she truly wants to be a Lady Vol. Does she?

Loretto Fan, got any inside scoop? Have you guaged her interest? Does anybody know? Do her parents know? Does Karly even know? I’m sure she’s probably “leaning.” But where? Perhaps uconn? I saw where she posted something complimentary about them ...once ...about a year-and-a-half ago. Has the little fella contacted her? Is that the holdup? Does she have a little blue and white Huskies sticker on her windshield? Or perhaps an ORANGE sticker? Is this a positive sign (no pun intended)? Or maybe someone in her family has a Husqvarna chainsaw.

Drawing Dead, I’m not questioning your character, and I’ve talked and listened and heard college coaches say some off the cuff things, and I suppose that could be the case here. But, to be clear - are you saying that, according to MTSU, Coach Kellie has rescinded the scholarship offer - to Karly Weathers - because of the virus? I just cannot envision our Coach volunteering (no pun here either) such information. What could possibly be gained through such irresponsible gossip?
Where does this stuff even come from? Clear this up for us if you could. Because I’d bet the trailer payment that the Weathers’ aren’t talking. They’re much too savvy (and classy) to go there.

Oh, and ...
Every player ...in every sport ...at every level ...is a role player. Every team is comprised of such: Larry and Magic; Tom and Peyton; Mouth and McNeil (Game Time will know this one), all of them were, you guessed it ...Role Players!

This weekend, I watched a group of role players school Louisville for thirty-plus minutes. Every one of the dozens of people in the YUM knew they were role players. Which is most-often code for “not quite good enough.” Funny what happens, however, when the “experts” forget to tell the other team.
Happy New Year to one and all!

Last edited:
My prediction is Weathers goes to BAMA.

That would be a loss for both her and us. Obviously I think she would excel here so we lose out on an in state player. She would lose out because Bama is just an after thought when it comes to women’s basketball. Doesn’t come close to being the same experience due to fan support. Bama averages around 2k fans at home games and the Lady Vols average almost 9k.

@krichunaka - I heard this from a few local HS coaches/friends that are in the loop with the local college staff.

This is 3rd hand and would not hold up in court. I didn’t interrogate them on their sources but seems reasonable enough that if players come back after 2021 that weren’t supposed to before Covid, that changes the amount of scholarships available.
Again it is hearsay so it could be nothing to it.

Maybe she is being pursued by CKH and this is all BS but that doesn’t seem to be the case does it? Again, based on what I saw Sat night we need her here. She was on the floor with our best 2021 recruit and she was hands down the best player on the floor. I bet if you asked the opposing staff they would say the same thing anonymously.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
@krichunaka - I heard this from a few local HS coaches/friends that are in the loop with the local college staff.

This is 3rd hand and would not hold up in court. I didn’t interrogate them on their sources but seems reasonable enough that if players come back after 2021 that weren’t supposed to before Covid, that changes the amount of scholarships available.
Again it is hearsay so it could be nothing to it.

Maybe she is being pursued by CKH and this is all BS but that doesn’t seem to be the case does it? Again, based on what I saw Sat night we need her here. She was on the floor with our best 2021 recruit and she was hands down the best player on the floor. I bet if you asked the opposing staff they would say the same thing anonymously.

It’s probably also not a Puckett vs Weathers thing like it is in HS... as much as if Kellie is in on a guard who she sees as a better fit or more of an impact maker. If she there is such a player on her plate i have no clue... but also good point about if she has players like walker or others who may use the extra year/scholarship. Now if there are some transfers then this might change the game.

What is Weather's ranking she is not in the top 60 on Hoopgurlz and most here think if your not rated your not someone Tennessee should go after. I looked on Prospect Nation not ranked there either. The fact that she plays point guard may be a factor as well as we have quite a few on the roster through 2022.

"Working on a mystery without any clues"....Night Moves

Ms. Weathers appears to be one hell of a fine ball player.....Since she is a combo guard, comparing her to Puckett, who is a wing or forward, is not a true comparison.....

Weathers movements, just by her body build, should be more fluid, and her team position should give her more opportunities to score and handle the ball....

In 2022, we have one hell of a shooter/scorer coming to Rocky Top...She's tall, fast, and will be shooting and scoring lots of 3 ball scores for the Lady Vols....Nothing can change the shape of things to come when Justine wears the uniform of the Lady Vols...Give her 3!

Coach Kellie is structuring the future of the team we will all come to love and cheer for....Of this, I am certain....
Justine-Pissott.jpg

What is Weather's ranking she is not in the top 60 on Hoopgurlz and most here think if your not rated your not someone Tennessee should go after. I looked on Prospect Nation not ranked there either. The fact that she plays point guard may be a factor as well as we have quite a few on the roster through 2022.
my thought exactly although Rhyne's recruitment came back to smack us in the face at least Rhyne was ranked...If Karly is as good as advertised why dont her rankings back it up???

my thought exactly although Rhyne's recruitment came back to smack us in the face at least Rhyne was ranked...If Karly is as good as advertised why dont her rankings back it up???
Rhyne was a ranked player and I think Weathers should be also. It just shows that the rankings goof up especially if you come from a smaller town. We tried to recruit Rhyne a little said she wasn't interested so what do you do except move on. Weathers I think still has an offer and could be a Lady Vol. I think she may be more interested in Missouri, Alabama, and Ole Miss. Only time will tell and we may get our players before she makes up her mind. I would be very happy to see her in orange not expecting it to happen.

Weathers is not rated as of yet ? Keep in mind ..... we have offered her ! Let that sink in ! She played on same AAU team with Puckett and Stricklin .... and they were both ranked in top 50’ish ( not sure of their #) ? But whoever ranked these recruits did not rank Weathers ?

Any way you look at it ! Coaches know of her and she knows UT and players she has played with are going to UT ...... this is a good situation no matter how you spin it ???? Will she be a Lady Vol ..... time will tell . But I like how our recruiting is going and believe in the direction of the team . This is coming from a Holly watcher who is still getting over that fiasco! 😱

Let’s see how things go ? So far .... feeling good ! 👍

Ms. Weathers appears to be one hell of a fine ball player.....Since she is a combo guard, comparing her to Puckett, who is a wing or forward, is not a true comparison.....

Weathers movements, just by her body build, should be more fluid, and her team position should give her more opportunities to score and handle the ball....

In 2022, we have one hell of a shooter/scorer coming to Rocky Top...She's tall, fast, and will be shooting and scoring lots of 3 ball scores for the Lady Vols....Nothing can change the shape of things to come when Justine wears the uniform of the Lady Vols...Give her 3!

Coach Kellie is structuring the future of the team we will all come to love and cheer for....Of this, I am certain....
Justine-Pissott.jpg

i love your posts 🤣🤩

Weathers is not rated as of yet ? Keep in mind ..... we have offered her ! Let that sink in ! She played on same AAU team with Puckett and Stricklin .... and they were both ranked in top 50’ish ( not sure of their #) ? But whoever ranked these recruits did not rank Weathers ?

Any way you look at it ! Coaches know of her and she knows UT and players she has played with are going to UT ...... this is a good situation no matter how you spin it ???? Will she be a Lady Vol ..... time will tell . But I like how our recruiting is going and believe in the direction of the team . This is coming from a Holly watcher who is still getting over that fiasco! 😱

Let’s see how things go ? So far .... feeling good ! 👍
Her signing along with the others we have signed would certainly be the result of a team going from the worst three point shooting team to one of the best in the country. I would love to see her come aboard with the others it would give us an offensive team that would be tough for anyone to handle.

That would be a loss for both her and us. Obviously I think she would excel here so we lose out on an in state player. She would lose out because Bama is just an after thought when it comes to women’s basketball. Doesn’t come close to being the same experience due to fan support. Bama averages around 2k fans at home games and the Lady Vols average almost 9k.
Alabama is building something good down there Karly could be the one that gets them to the top!

Justine-Pissott.jpg

In the 2021 Puckett class plus the 2022 start, who do you see bringing the athleticism? It was not there in the 2020 class (following 2019 with only Horsten) and the team will be losing Davis this year, Burrell next and then Horsten who are by far the most athletic. Just curious.

In the 2021 Puckett class plus the 2022 start, who do you see bringing the athleticism? It was not there in the 2020 class (following 2019 with only Horsten) and the team will be losing Davis this year, Burrell next and then Horsten who are by far the most athletic. Just curious.

Kaiya Wynn is VERY athletic! she is a heptathlete and a state champion one at that. She also runs one of the toughest sprints (400 meters) and high jumps

Kaiya Wynn is VERY athletic! she is a heptathlete and a state champion one at that. She also runs one of the toughest sprints (400 meters) and high jumps

The hepathlete event is at the end of the school year . It is a TWO DAY ,event that requires a test of speed , endurance, strength, agility! You must be a good all around athlete.
It is a grueling two days of competition! To just complete is a challenge.... to win is special! She is a special athlete! JMO

From the moment it was posted that Tennessee was in the running to land Wynn I thought that if Kellie could sign her she'd be making a giant leap forward for the program. The day she committed was a HUGE day for Lady Vols basketball, IMO. Can't wait to see her in orange!

VN Store

Back