2022 Recruits

I know Connecticut fans are thrilled to get to watch their team play basketball again after all the postponements, and I know the staff has ZERO control over what conference they play in …

But DANG! I just caught a glimpse of the Xavier-CT game and the situation is worse than I thought.

I am not sure I would want my daughter to play where their players are getting as many foot injuries as his players are getting. Must be a flaw in the S&C program. However, it could be that his players just get injuries at convenient times.
You know you may be on to something. He probably doesn't want everyone to know how he messed up by recruiting Fudd. I mean he's got his team shooting 32% from 3 and I'll bet he doesn't want Azzi's 45% screwing up what he's accomplished.

BTW: Fudd's injury did happen in the weight room. Cameron Brink said she dropped a weight on her foot.

Say what you will it is very beneficial, either through luck or something else, that UConn keeps getting to cancel games while PB is out.
Keeps getting? Like it’s still happening?

a ridiculous conspiracy theory.

its luck to have a player lose their season to back surgery?
another missing games due to a stress Reaction in their foot?
And 4 to catch Covid?

You have a weird definition of luck.

Reactions: olddog and glv98
Keeps getting? Like it’s still happening?

a ridiculous conspiracy theory.

its luck to have a player lose their season to back surgery?
another missing games due to a stress Reaction in their foot?
And 4 to catch Covid?

You have a weird definition of luck.
Reading comprehension? The luck part is this year games can be cancelled. Previous years you had to play with whom ever you had. UConn reasonably would have had another loss or two.
Jeez!

Reading comprehension? The luck part is this year games can be cancelled. Previous years you had to play with whom ever you had. UConn reasonably would have had another loss or two.
Jeez!
Lucy you know as well as I that any games before the conference tourney is just preseason practice. The only games that count are in tournaments ;)

Lucy you know as well as I that any games before the conference tourney is just preseason practice. The only games that count are in tournaments ;)
Well, I’m not a basketball guru like many of our posters but a SEC regular season title is pretty important around here.
I can’t speak to UConn’s conference.😆😆😆

I might agree with you about this, except for the fact that those "preseason practice" games determine the seeding, not only for the conference tournaments but for the NCAA tournament, as well. There isn't a coach in NCAA women's basketball who wouldn't tell you that the initial bye or double-bye in the conference tournament wasn't a tremendous advantage. And, getting a top seed in the NCAAs and getting home-court advantage is also highly beneficial. In my opinion, this is why so many on this board, and elsewhere, question the "luck" of UConn being able to postpone games during the loss of Bueckers and Fudd. Losses to teams such as Marquette and DePaul, as might have occurred, would have had a significant effect on UConn's seeding. This would have had little effect on the Big East conference tournament, but the NCAAs might be another matter. As it is, they have been able to avoid the slide that any such losses would have insured, while being able to work on adapting their offense to work without integral pieces that they expected to have.

As a complimentary point, this is part of the reason I have a problem with preseason rankings playing such an oversized role in NCAA tournament selection procedures.

Jim

VN Store

Back