2022 Recruits

We should be offering Allen she is a legitimate talent in 2022. She has picked up offers from Maryland, Arizona, Pitt, Penn State, Vanderbilt, North Carolina, Rutgers, Michigan, and Wake Forest. Nothing from us as excellent a player and most I have seen on our offer sheet. A lot better than some of them.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
We should be offering Allen she is a legitimate talent in 2022. She has picked up offers from Maryland, Arizona, Pitt, Penn State, Vanderbilt, North Carolina, Rutgers, Michigan, and Wake Forest. Nothing from us as excellent a player and most I have seen on our offer sheet. A lot better than some of them.
first name?

Boxscore for Phiily vs Carolina

2021 Nike Nationals — NIKE GIRLS EYBL

Won't show the page from the link you have to use the top of the board arrows click to 17 u and Sunday and scroll down to the box at the bottom of the page Philly Rise vs Carolina Flames. Justine had 13 today on 3 of 9 from the three.

Sounds like she was consistently about a 33% shooter from three over the course of the tournament based on what people have posted here. Lots of girls shoot that well so I am not sure why everyone is thinking she will be our super-duper zone buster. Did she shoot a better percentage in high school against lesser competition?

She has the potential to be Kellie's best signee to date, but it seems unfair for everyone to raise expectations by saying she is something she does not appear to be. Did she just have a bad tournament, or were the stats posted here misleading and she actually did better? Or is that the percentage she normally shoots?

By comparison, Rae hit about 40% last year (which is what you want) and UConn usually has several who shoot 40% or better on their good teams which is one reason they beat us consistently. They had a girl who shot 46% last year and that is just excellent.

Reactions: olddog and mcannon1
Sounds like she was consistently about a 33% shooter from three over the course of the tournament based on what people have posted here. Lots of girls shoot that well so I am not sure why everyone is thinking she will be our super-duper zone buster. Did she shoot a better percentage in high school against lesser competition?

She has the potential to be Kellie's best signee to date, but it seems unfair for everyone to raise expectations by saying she is something she does not appear to be. Did she just have a bad tournament, or were the stats posted here misleading and she actually did better? Or is that the percentage she normally shoots?

By comparison, Rae hit about 40% last year (which is what you want) and UConn usually has several who shoot 40% or better on their good teams which is one reason they beat us consistently. They had a girl who shot 46% last year and that is just excellent.
Watched every game she takes a lot of unnecessary threes from very long distance. I think if she took normal threes she would be about 40 percent. When your taking them from 40 to 45 feet hard to have consistent accuracy. I don't think she will be taking those 40 footers at Tennessee would be very surprised if they didn't reel that shot in very quickly. I would say in the tourney she took about 20 threes that would be considered bad shots. Her coaches at Philly Rise don't seem to mind at all if she walks past half court and lets a shot fly. She did it a lot in this tourney.

Watched every game she takes a lot of unnecessary threes from very long distance. I think if she took normal threes she would be about 40 percent. When your taking them from 40 to 45 feet hard to have consistent accuracy. I don't think she will be taking those 40 footers at Tennessee would be very surprised if they didn't reel that shot in very quickly. I would say in the tourney she took about 20 threes that would be considered bad shots. Her coaches at Philly Rise don't seem to mind at all if she walks past half court and lets a shot fly. She did it a lot in this tourney.

It would be interesting to chart that. I know the coaches will, if they have not already.

Reactions: Volfan2012

I agree. I think she will reel them in the scheme of the plays being run for UT. What’s not being mentioned is her IQ. I was surprised at her passing ability and getting it to the right player often using herself as a decoy.

All I want for Christmas is for kids, from ages 10 and up, to be strongly coached to:

1. Follow their own shots
2. Shoot layups with the outside hand -- and with either hand
3. Effectively use the backboard
4. Effectively use the bounce pass
5. For posts to move toward the entry pass

I feel like playing good defense can be taught even after entering college, but if a player has had bad offensive habits since early childhood (not following shots, only ever shooting/dribbling with one hand, lazy passing, etc.), those longtime habits are hard to break since muscle memory is so powerful and hard to re-wire.

I would love to see Pissott work on following her shots.

Don’t get it twisted she is a zone buster. She also drew a lot of attention and it was often yellled “shooter” when she had the ball no matter how far out. So she brought a defender out with her that allowed her teammates to drive or open up the inside.

I said in another post i think they will reel her shots in with an occasional hoist. It wasn’t like she was air balling at all and while a make is a make her shots were just off the rim with a bunch of misses so her bringing the distance down i believe will help. The new women’s line won’t be an issue for Justine.

I don’t think anyone (besides GT) thinks she’s coming in to save the day but the reality is with her frame and potential she can help in an area that has been lacking.

Also, with Rae look at her shooting progression and how she honed it in. She didn’t come in shooting 3s.

I watched every game as well and she has some things that we will appreciate in LV land and between the time she steps on campus with her work ethic she has a chance to help. She will need to get more physical and work more on her handles (which aren’t bad actually) but she has some work to be done.

She is going to look good in orange and i think we will be happy to have her. I don’t see her as a Kortney Dunbar at all

All I want for Christmas is for kids, from ages 10 and up, to be strongly coached to:

1. Follow their own shots
2. Shoot layups with the outside hand -- and with either hand
3. Effectively use the backboard
4. Effectively use the bounce pass
5. For posts to move toward the entry pass

I feel like playing good defense can be taught even after entering college, but if a player has had bad offensive habits since early childhood (not following shots, only ever shooting/dribbling with one hand, lazy passing, etc.), those longtime habits are hard to break since muscle memory is so powerful and hard to re-wire.

I would love to see Pissott work on following her shots.

Sometimes when you’re shooting 40ft shots that’s hard to do 🤣

From 25 feet I am very confident that she is a 40 percent three point shooter. She has a stroke that could be very effective from that distance.

Reactions: krichunaka

Attachments

• EYBL Nike Nationals [hilly rise.pdf
    154.5 KB · Views: 8
Don’t get it twisted she is a zone buster. She also drew a lot of attention and it was often yellled “shooter” when she had the ball no matter how far out. So she brought a defender out with her that allowed her teammates to drive or open up the inside.

I said in another post i think they will reel her shots in with an occasional hoist. It wasn’t like she was air balling at all and while a make is a make her shots were just off the rim with a bunch of misses so her bringing the distance down i believe will help. The new women’s line won’t be an issue for Justine.

I don’t think anyone (besides GT) thinks she’s coming in to save the day but the reality is with her frame and potential she can help in an area that has been lacking.

Also, with Rae look at her shooting progression and how she honed it in. She didn’t come in shooting 3s.

I watched every game as well and she has some things that we will appreciate in LV land and between the time she steps on campus with her work ethic she has a chance to help. She will need to get more physical and work more on her handles (which aren’t bad actually) but she has some work to be done.

She is going to look good in orange and i think we will be happy to have her. I don’t see her as a Kortney Dunbar at all

VA ! Very good very good i like how you just threw water on the fire. And i`m with you this Justine coming in to save the day is just crazy talk if you aske me. Don`t get me wrong she is and will be a very good player at TN in time. And yes she can shoot from long range shot. But like some have said she will not be taking those 40-45 feet shot`s at TN.

Last year I would have disagreed with you...But this year, she now is more of an influence in the paint and moves much better in mid-range defense. Justine has worked on her game and I see it...No, she is not a Kortney...I believe she will be much more of a "Delle Donne" type of player when she plays here if she continues to improve her range of skills

VA ! Very good very good i like how you just threw water on the fire. And i`m with you this Justine coming in to save the day is just crazy talk if you aske me. Don`t get me wrong she is and will be a very good player at TN in time. And yes she can shoot from long range shot. But like some have said she will not be taking those 40-45 feet shot`s at TN.

Facts ! I’m sure she will see the pine and get a couple of glares her way if she does it too much in orange and white… the thing is the girl wants to win and when she is pushed to keep moving without the ball, defend her player (which she didn’t do to bad), and rebound she will be good.

The one thing LV nation will be impressed with is that Justine moves well to get open. She makes good reads.

But she is not gonna be someone who is gonna save the program. that’s gonna be Kellie and her coaches bringing in the right recruits and teach the LV way!

Oh and to all of LV nation… I joined the insider and let’s say our coaches have had multiple things said about them and ALL positive! 😏

This site reported things like the FL coach being removed before it happened coaches being hired in their current positions a week ahead of time, and other stuff. I know it’s a site it’s been spot on so i would say Kellie made GREAT hires and the difference in these recruiters and the last have been noticed by prospects 👀 I get the feel they will be making a difference 😃

Let's not forget Justine is a rising senior in high school. It's not like she is just reporting to campus with this skill set. She has an entire season ahead to gain new skills and get better. I'm sure her coaches are going to guide her properly and there will be improvement and maturation as she works through another season.

Facts ! I’m sure she will see the pine and get a couple of glares her way if she does it too much in orange and white… the thing is the girl wants to win and when she is pushed to keep moving without the ball, defend her player (which she didn’t do to bad), and rebound she will be good.

The one thing LV nation will be impressed with is that Justine moves well to get open. She makes good reads.

But she is not gonna be someone who is gonna save the program. that’s gonna be Kellie and her coaches bringing in the right recruits and teach the LV way!

Say no more ! And looking at the players still on the board in 2022 getting a elite player like Watkins or Smith would be a boost to go with Justine . Smith before her in injury was an elite player now playing like one again. So that`s why i would move her ranking up.

Say no more ! And looking at the players still on the board in 2022 getting a elite player like Watkins or Smith would be a boost to go with Justine . Smith before her in injury was an elite player now playing like one again. So that`s why i would move her ranking up.

ICYDK,,,WIth Justine all by her lonesome, asgr has us as the #11 recruiting class

Reactions: Bret178
40-45 feet? I don't believe it. 45 feet is almost half court. I don't believe she's ever attempted a 40 footer in her life - except maybe as a buzzer beater attempt. I've watched several of her games and never seen her attempt a 30 footer. Quite a few from 26-28 feet - and that's too deep.

Reactions: Lady Vol Guru

VN Store

Back