2022 Recruiting class

NighthawkVol

This is a list Tennessee's 2022 commits. Looks like, according to 14powers.com, there are 4 signees rated 4*s. I haven't found much about their draft prospects, other than Stanwich being ranked in the mid 300s among best overall prospects. Looks like we may get all of these guys in school, especially with NIL money now in play. Looking at next year's roster, OF is probably the area in which a newcomer would have the best opportunity for early PT (depending on how Tears develops and what happens with Booker). Two of those 4*s are OF.

Of course, this time last year, I'd never heard of Blake Burke or Drew Beam. Such is baseball recruiting.

2022 Tennessee Baseball Commit list - SEC Football, Basketball and Baseball Recruiting news and analysis

That's too bad. Baseball is the sport that could benefit the most.
Agreed.. I'm hoping that Spyre will include at the very least some of our 'bigger' names going forwards. I saw this tweet the other day, looks like they're at least going to try and support some of the basevols. Hopefully the bigger support Spyre gets over the next couple of years the list can grow some.

Quite a few those guys will probably never make it here or to the first spring roster. TV also seems to hit JUCOs decently hard, so expect a couple there. I think the transfers are really going to benefit us. Snowball effect with how successful, entertaining, etc we have been I expect us to be a landing spot for big-time transfers. Our brand of baseball attracts competitors.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Just out of curiosity I counted 10 pitchers out of the 16 players committed. Are we going to need that many freshmen pitchers next season after looking at what we'll hopefully have returning?

Just out of curiosity I counted 10 pitchers out of the 16 players committed. Are we going to need that many freshmen pitchers next season after looking at what we'll hopefully have returning?
I don’t think you typically want freshman pitchers on the mound so they’ll probably redshirt. Bullpen will start to empty out after this season.

WELL AT LEAST TWO TENNESSEANS ARE GOOD ENOUGH.
Where are other top high school guys in this state that has many going?

This is a list Tennessee's 2022 commits. Looks like, according to 14powers.com, there are 4 signees rated 4*s. I haven't found much about their draft prospects, other than Stanwich being ranked in the mid 300s among best overall prospects. Looks like we may get all of these guys in school, especially with NIL money now in play. Looking at next year's roster, OF is probably the area in which a newcomer would have the best opportunity for early PT (depending on how Tears develops and what happens with Booker). Two of those 4*s are OF.

Of course, this time last year, I'd never heard of Blake Burke or Drew Beam. Such is baseball recruiting.

2022 Tennessee Baseball Commit list - SEC Football, Basketball and Baseball Recruiting news and analysis
That catcher, Payton Ebbing 5'7" and 165 pounds is either a misprint or the dude is a stud :):):).

That catcher, Payton Ebbing 5'7" and 165 pounds is either a misprint or the dude is a stud :):):).
Perfect Game Grade is a 9, Potential top 10 Round type Pick
LATEST PG SHOWCASE REPORT

2020 PG UNDERCLASS ALL AMERICAN GAMES

Payton Ebbing is a 2022 C/UT with a 5-7 165 lb. frame from Loveland, OH who attends Cincinnati Country Day. Compact athletic build with good present strength. 7.13 runner, sets up low behind the plate, has quick actions in and out of his crouch, polished footwork that he repeats well, fundamentally sound, plenty of arm strength. Right handed hitter with a rock back load and big shift into contact, drives off his back side, front side opens early, looking to lean and lift and drive the ball, timed one perfectly in the game for a pulled home run. High energy player. Excellent student, verbal commitment to Tennessee.

Check out the perfect game ratings for this class. The top 5 guys are 10s which by their rating system means "elite level college prospect...potential top round selection"

Tennessee - Perfect Game Baseball Player College Commitments

The 2022 class is definitely solid, with guys that will fill needs of the players we will lose after this season. However, the PG ratings don’t mean a whole lot. Honestly, many families don’t pay the several hundred dollars to go to their individual showcases, so the kid doesn’t get a “rating”. Plus, I can assure you the higher level college recruiting coordinators don’t pay much attention either. They know their needs and what they are looking for. That’s why you see players like Beck come to UT as an alleged 2 star and others that are 4 star that should be 2 star. PG also takes into account how many events you play with them, as well as other factors.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Perfect Game Grade is a 9, Potential top 10 Round type Pick
LATEST PG SHOWCASE REPORT

2020 PG UNDERCLASS ALL AMERICAN GAMES

Payton Ebbing is a 2022 C/UT with a 5-7 165 lb. frame from Loveland, OH who attends Cincinnati Country Day. Compact athletic build with good present strength. 7.13 runner, sets up low behind the plate, has quick actions in and out of his crouch, polished footwork that he repeats well, fundamentally sound, plenty of arm strength. Right handed hitter with a rock back load and big shift into contact, drives off his back side, front side opens early, looking to lean and lift and drive the ball, timed one perfectly in the game for a pulled home run. High energy player. Excellent student, verbal commitment to Tennessee.
So, he's a stud :):)

VN Store

Back