Votes: 6 0.8%
  • 5-7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-9

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Gonna whoop some arses and get our arses whooped. Reckon we are in for another arse whoopin season.

7 Wins Expected
8 Wins OpToeMystic
9 Wins Get the Funk Outta Here
10 Wins Just Cray Cray Y'all, Cray Cray
11 Wins Covid, Strike Down our Opponents I Say
12 Wins Eat my Shorts Kiffin!

Reactions: Ratvol
I'm gonna say 9-3. Losses to Bammer, Jawga and possibly LSU... Could be 10-2 if we beat one of those three..
I'm RATVOL and I approve this prediction.

GO VOLS!!!

Like your pic, I had a 2010 white FJ Cruiser. Sold it a year ago..........

Reactions: Ratvol
IMO, this is the order of likelihood of losses:

Bama- hope to be competitive
UGA- hope to be competitive
LSU- Depends significantly on their QB position. The other question is whether their recruiting was overrated due to deference to O's reputation as a recruiter.
UF- They have talent according to the recruiting sites but is Napier likely to be an upgrade over Mullen?
UK- UT shouldn't lose to them.
USCe- Or them.
Pitt- I don't think they were as good as their record last year. UT spotted them the first half with missed opportunities before Pickett cranked up... he and their best WR are gone
MU- They have too many disadvantages in football/recruiting. I think they're back to hoping they can win 4 OOC games then pick up a couple of wins to make a bowl
Vandy- NIL and the portal may make them consider dropping football.
Lightweight OOC's

I think 8-4 should be the low end and 10-2 at the high end. UT doesn't have the talent to have a good chance of beating Bama and UGA. They do vs everyone else.

10-2. We beat Florida, Alabama, and LSU. Lose to UGA and USC.
Losing to USCe after embarrassing them last year? I'd take your prediction but... pretty bold by you. I think besides the possible talent differential there is a style of play advantage for UT vs USCe.

Reactions: Behr
Going with 8-4 until I see how the D is going to turn out. Same as last yr will stick with 8-4 as the ceiling. A better D 9-3.
We would have been 10-3 had our offense beem able to capitalize in key drives or just perhaps sustain a drive longer than 2 mins WITHOUT scoring then giving the ball back to the opposing team...

Reactions: sunnyvol79
Losing to USCe after embarrassing them last year? I'd take your prediction but... pretty bold by you. I think besides the possible talent differential there is a style of play advantage for UT vs USCe.
we are better in every way but there is always a game that is closer than we think.

Reactions: RockyTop140
7.6 wins

I chose 8-4, though I don't like these absolutist picks when it's probabilistic in reality.

8-4 most likely
Then 7-5 2nd most likely
9-3 next
And so on
Assuming you are counting MU, Vandy, and the 3 lesser OOC's as wins... then you believe UT goes 2-3 (or 3-2) vs UF, LSU, Pitt, USCe, and UK?

If UT goes 8-4 much less worse this fall it will be a significant underperformance.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
What impresses you guys so much about this year's Pitt team? If not for the overthrows, last year's game would have looked a lot like the Mizzou game. UT would have been up 3 or 4 scores before Pitt got going. This time UT returns the talented, experienced QB and all the right parts around him.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
10-2 wouldn’t surprise me nor would 7-5. I think it all depends on how much the defense has improved. I’m always hopeful for the best. No matter the final record, if they be bama that would make me happy!

Reactions: GoVols15
Weeks 3 and 4 decide our season. More specifically week 3. If we drop the game @ Pitt, my confidence in us beating Florida the next week is significantly lowered. Florida only has our number because we come out and play that game like our dogs just been shot (with the exception of Jauan Jennings). We need as much confidence as we possibly can to take them down in week 4. Now, if we go into Baton Rouge the next week I could easily see that being a trap game if we're 4-0. Too much confidence, or we let the environment get to us. (it will be a night game unless they're 0-4 at that point) I say all of this that 10-2 is our *realistic* ceiling and 8-4 is the floor. Gotta go into Baton Rouge 4-0 to hit the ceiling.

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
Beat Saban but lose to Beamer? If that happens then some serious questions need to be asked about Heupels future here.

It's football, even more of a factor, it's the SEC. Discipline issues, injures, medical issues, and that fickle beach called luck, and don't forget biased referees and flapjack flopping. Yep, serious questions exist, and sometimes you never really know what they are, even after you ask them.

What use is knowledge if there is no understanding?

The strange has a tendency to be, well...uh, strange. Beat Bama and lose to cock-a-doodle-do people? That would be strange indeed, but stuff happens. Strange stuff, like the degenerates who favor red-black Twizzlers, while claiming it's actually vanilla ice cream. Strange things are just, well…, strange.
twizzlers-calories-carbs.jpg

Some strange things are happening to me
Some strange things are happening to me
Some strange things
Strange things are happening to me
Ain't no doubt about it

Only 2 sure (most likely) losses for 2022 - Bama and Georgia
Four sure (most likely) wins - Ball State, Akron, TN-Martin, Vandy
Six toss ups (most likely) Pittsburgh, Florida, LSU, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina - I'm thinking 3-3 Unfortunately 4 of these are on the road

So 7-5 is my best guess now. Two very pivotal games early Pittsburgh and Florida - if we can get both of those could be a 9-3 or better year

Two most significant factors for seasons outcome are
1. What the new and relatively new coachs can do at Florida, LSU, and South Carolina.
2. Can our defense significantly improve.

If new the "new" coaches suck and our defense doesn't could easily get to 9-3 or even 10-2

Reactions: sunnyvol79
Only 2 sure (most likely) losses for 2022 - Bama and Georgia
Four sure (most likely) wins - Ball State, Akron, TN-Martin, Vandy
Six toss ups (most likely) Pittsburgh, Florida, LSU, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina - I'm thinking 3-3 Unfortunately 4 of these are on the road

So 7-5 is my best guess now. Two very pivotal games early Pittsburgh and Florida - if we can get both of those could be a 9-3 or better year

Two most significant factors for seasons outcome are
1. What the new and relatively new coachs can do at Florida, LSU, and South Carolina.
2. Can our defense significantly improve.

If new the "new" coaches suck and our defense doesn't could easily get to 9-3 or even 10-2
. Beamer is going into his second year at South Carolina

VN Store

Back