2022 Lady Vols Softball commits

Another new commit: Jenna Mosley. Jenna Mosley Commits to University of Tennessee - AllOnGeorgia
She is projected to play 2b. Watching highlights she has a nice lefthanded stroke with power (no slapping that I saw :)).

There are several vids of her hitting on youtube. I love her swing. She goes opposite field a lot. She really lets the ball get deep and drives it to left field with power but she also turns on it when she needs to. Here are a couple vids. First one is when she was 14. Towards the end she was at a camp at the Univ of Alabama jacking balls out to all fields.

Then this one is from spring 2019. She hits several out to left field. She's a line drive machine. Hopefully it translates when she's facing 65-68 MPH every game in the SEC.

Both Ms. Pickens and Ms. Mosley look like the kind of players we need. We have not had the quality of good hitters and depth for many years!

Another commit: Destiny Rodriguez Inf/catcher

Has a nice compact right handed swing. Really sits down on her legs when hitting in the videos. I like what we are going after with the hitting. Haven't seen Pickens hit but people are high on her.

Last edited:
Another commit: Destiny Rodriguez Inf/catcher

Has a nice compact right handed swing. Really sits down on her legs when hitting in the videos. I like what we are going after with the hitting. Haven't seen Pickens hit but people are high on her.

always need right hand hitters!!!

Reactions: GameTime
I haven’t felt this much excitement about the near-future possibilities of LV softball in many years. And FYI: historically my instincts have proved way more often than not SPOT ON. Crossing my fingers that this good feeling proves true because I cannot WAIT to see or Lady Vols challenging for championships again. I feel we are well on our way!

Another commit: Taylor Pannell

Committed to Auburn before rule changes switched to us. Ranked as high as NO. 5 player by one service. #3B/SS right handed with pop. Looks like she has a real nice swing and seems to be a real nice get for us. That's at least two top ten players by certain services (take that for what you will). We have seemed to step up in recruiting. Destiny Rodriguez switched to us from a Pac 12 school, the new rule seems to be playing into our favor.
https://qctimes.com/sports/high-sch...cle_656cad07-66e7-5fe1-bb70-1d619cadbec3.html

Last edited:

Committed to Auburn before rule changes switched to us. Ranked as high as NO. 5 player by one service. #3B/SS right handed with pop. Looks like she has a real nice swing and seems to be a real nice get for us. That's at least two top ten players by certain services (take that for what you will). We have seemed to step up in recruiting. Destiny Rodriguez switched to us from a Pac 12 school, the new rule seems to be playing into our favor.
https://qctimes.com/sports/high-sch...cle_656cad07-66e7-5fe1-bb70-1d619cadbec3.html

LOVE IT !!!! Kregman you are the man!! Keep them coming! another right hand hitter!!

Reactions: GameTime and lvocd
In the last few days the Weekly's have added 4 major Tigers to the future of the Lady Vols Softball Program....These young ladies "are all money."

Perhaps, adding Megan Rhodes Smith, as Assistant Coach, is already having a positive effect on recruiting.

Let's play Two....

Reactions: ldyvolsoftballfan
In the last few days the Weekly's have added 4 major Tigers to the future of the Lady Vols Softball Program....These young ladies "are all money."

Perhaps, adding Megan Rhodes Smith, as Assistant Coach, is already having a positive effect on recruiting.

Let's play Two....
Would love to ..... Ernie!!

Reactions: Rixxx and GameTime
I guess i have been asleep at the wheel, I just saw where Marty McDaniel has joined Georgia Tech. Good for him! A good guy who really had limited authority with the LVs!

Reactions: kregman
I guess i have been asleep at the wheel, I just saw where Marty McDaniel has joined Georgia Tech. Good for him! A good guy who really had limited authority with the LVs!
Well that was a short "retirement." Really good guy and wish him again all the best. Excited to see what Megan can do. Recruiting seems to be going extremely well at this point.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Another commit: Brylee MeSusan

#14 ranked OF by some service. Daniel Boone High School player I believe.
Maybe our first slapper of the class. (Found no video of her hitting yet, though she is shown attending speed camp at UT.)
She is known for speed but has hit home runs in high school.
Maybe someone can fill in some details. Daniel Boone has a really good softball program.

Let's hold our horses, shall we? There will never be another Monica Abbott. Also lots of elite HS pitchers don't do all that well in college, let alone become future Olympians or even AAs.

After seeing top pitchers like Danielle Pieroni (who didn't give up an earned run in HS), Cat Hosfield (broke the single season K record as a junior) and Gabby Sprang come through the program and not be much of anything, I've learned to not get overly excited over HS softball pitchers. (For the record, Sprang also hasn't done well at Oklahoma State, either.) Many of the top softball pitchers in college tend to be under-recruited in HS.
You don't have to get excited, but don't throw water on someone else's excitement!!! Let fans be fans! Thank you.

Maybe our first slapper of the class. (Found no video of her hitting yet, though she is shown attending speed camp at UT.)
Maybe someone can fill in some details. Daniel Boone has a really good softball program.

Another thing about the LVs is they are no doubt about it now and in the past the most attractive group on the diamond! Speed kills as we have seen in the past!

The young lady is a real speedster.....Her coach says when she gets on base they have a really good chance of scoring, because she steals lots of bases....

Slappers usually drive me a little nuts, but if she can stay in the box and not get called out regularly, like a former LV, then she sounds fine....She is also a real cutie.

In looking forward I got to thinking I really didn't know anything about our incoming class this year. No new pitcher listed on roster and no high accolades. They may turn out to be great which we all hope for but there is no comparison to the 2022 cycle. I know a lot of dynamics play into classes but our recruiting seem to be slipping but the ship seems to be righted. Looking forward to watching them all play. As with investing prior rankings don't guarantee future performance good or bad, but usually there are reasons for higher rankings.

In looking forward I got to thinking I really didn't know anything about our incoming class this year. No new pitcher listed on roster and no high accolades. They may turn out to be great which we all hope for but there is no comparison to the 2022 cycle. I know a lot of dynamics play into classes but our recruiting seem to be slipping but the ship seems to be righted. Looking forward to watching them all play. As with investing prior rankings don't guarantee future performance good or bad, but usually there are reasons for higher rankings.

The softball ranking services are built to sell subscriptions. They regionalize the rankings so most regions are represented when the best players are usually from California, Florida, Texas and Georgia. Recruiting has never been our problem as we have top class every year. I’m excited about the new pitching coach as with Rogers returning to the mix the pitching will be improved. I have concerns about the offense and defense as both were atrocious last year and probably were not going to host a regional for the first time in a long time. The COVID 19 pandemic saved the Weekly’s from they’re worst season at UT.

The softball ranking services are built to sell subscriptions. They regionalize the rankings so most regions are represented when the best players are usually from California, Florida, Texas and Georgia. Recruiting has never been our problem as we have top class every year. I’m excited about the new pitching coach as with Rogers returning to the mix the pitching will be improved. I have concerns about the offense and defense as both were atrocious last year and probably were not going to host a regional for the first time in a long time. The COVID 19 pandemic saved the Weekly’s from they’re worst season at UT.
With Rogers healthy the pitching will be much better. I think the offense will be ok with Seggern and Hannon back. They have to get Milloy going, shortening her swing would greatly help. The defense was mind blowingly bad for no real reason (routine plays botched all the time). Turner though far from perfect earned my respect last year for having to carry the load through that defense mess. And, you are right as much as i love the Ladyvols we were going nowhere last year.

With Rogers and Turner this is the first time we have had a quality starters from each side of the plate in maybe never! Young hard throwing ladies and we will get the infield settled down i think this time around. Not sure about the new ladies but with CS back at 3rd i think and Willingham at short and fill in the blank at second and Morgan at first we will be better. All the shuffling we did with CS really threw a wrench in the field. AL was the glue that held the infield together for 4 years and she is difficult to replace.

Just saw some video on 2021 commit Katie Taylor. RH bat with power using all fields. Looks good. We should be pretty strong from the right side hitting in the next few years.

VN Store

Back