2022 Fall Practice #3

Is it just me or do y’all feel extremely comfortable with our QB situation? If something were to happen to Hooker we have a SOLID QB in Milton, and I think in the past when we were thin at QB he would’ve started in some of those teams as a freshman.
Honestly who cares who throws the nut? Squirrels gonna find it.

Honestly who cares who throws the nut? Squirrels gonna find it.
We all care who throws. And who catches. Who blocks, and who runs the ball. Who defends. Who punts and kicks.

We're Vols fans, we care about all the lads and how they do.

Go Vols!

We all care who throws. And who catches. Who blocks, and who runs the ball. Who defends. Who punts and kicks.

We're Vols fans, we care about all the lads and how they do.

Go Vols!
Is Sampson faster than Squirrel? Heard he runs sub 4.3.

Mincey is a transfer and the "new guy" looking for Perry's spot. They're just sizing each other up. It's football.

As I recall Juwan Mitchell had words last camp with someone when he transferred in. It's football.

You're going to get tested.
My grandmother used to say football ain’t nothing but an organized fight

Unless it’s Inky. That arm injury of his was the worst I’ve ever seen, and, even today, his arm just kind of limply hangs there. I’m kind of surprised with all of the progress in the medical world that something more can’t be done for him. He has the best attitude of anybody that has suffered such a physical trauma.

I was @ that game vs Airforce and it seemed like a routine play towards the sideline and outside of the red zone.

There was a long delay in the game and you could tell it was serious by the players’ reaction. I kept thinking he would be okay and remember being surprised the next day when the media advised he was seriously injured.

Air Force scored a TD near the end of the game but went for the win by going for two. Luckily we stopped them as that would’ve been a huge upset.

Inky is definitely an inspiration and from what I hear, a great motivational speaker.

Go Vols!

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Mincey is a transfer and the "new guy" looking for Perry's spot. They're just sizing each other up. It's football.

As I recall Juwan Mitchell had words last camp with someone when he transferred in. It's football.

Last year, Mitchell mixed it up with Banks who told Mitchell he was soft and wouldn’t have played the prior year. As I recall it was all talk (maybe some pushing) but no punches. As you say it’s not that unusual.

I know was just saying hope it's nothing more than that. Also hope they don't fall on any helmets either would hate for that to happen again.

Reactions: Coddlecreek1

e.cain

p.brown

r.schumpert

Fingers making me moist!

Is it just me or do y’all feel extremely comfortable with our QB situation? If something were to happen to Hooker we have a SOLID QB in Milton, and I think in the past when we were thin at QB he would’ve started in some of those teams as a freshman.
First year since the disastrous JG era/debacle that I am not worried about the QB spot at all.

Unless it’s Inky. That arm injury of his was the worst I’ve ever seen, and, even today, his arm just kind of limply hangs there. I’m kind of surprised with all of the progress in the medical world that something more can’t be done for him. He has the best attitude of anybody that has suffered such a physical trauma.

Uhh…. Inky was paralyzed…. Wasn’t necessarily an arm injury as much as it was a nerve injury. His brachial plexus nerves were severed.

They didn’t have a way to repair this and his whole right side of his body relies on the brachial plexus to engage those muscles which is also why his right side is so much smaller than his left side those muscle do not get engaged.

Last edited:

e.cain

p.brown

r.schumpert

You know it’s getting close to football time when Fingers starts posting practice updates. Thanks for your hard work in putting this out!

My opinion is, he's the 3rd string QB and will likely not play anything more than mop-up duty in maybe a few games this season (barring an emergency) so he can redshirt.

And because of that, what's most important about Tayven's development in 2022, we can't see. It's all happening between his ears, and in his heart.

The visible part, the physical part, don't worry about until next spring when he, Joe, and Nico are competing for the starting job.

That's an awful nice word salad. You could have just said you never lettered in **** and accomplished the same thing. :cool:

I was asking just to see if the guy had any arm strength and might have a chance to help the program before he graduates. But, thanks for your thoughts. How about world peace? You got anything for me on that?

Last edited:
That's an awful nice word salad. You could have just said you never lettered in **** and accomplished the same thing. :cool:

I was asking just to see if the guy had any arm strength and might have a chance to help the program before he graduates. But, thanks for your thoughts. How about world peace? You got anything for me on that?
World peace is a good thing. I'd recommend yes.

p.s. Of course he has arm strength. He wouldn't be in the QB room at Tennessee if he didn't. As for whether he will help out before he graduates, we'll start learning more about that next spring. You know, when he competes for the starting QB position.

VN Store

Back