2022 college football: FBS preseason strength of schedule top-100 rankings

From looking at that it appears that ESPN expects us to go 7-5 (7.1-4.9) in the projected win-loss. I can honestly see that if we have major injuries to the wrong people (namely Hooker) but also on the D-line as well. But I more expect us to go 8-4 with losses against Bama-Ga and with a 2-2 record against LSU-Pitt-KY-FL.

Reactions: savannahfan
From looking at that it appears that ESPN expects us to go 7-5 (7.1-4.9) in the projected win-loss. I can honestly see that if we have major injuries to the wrong people (namely Hooker) but also on the D-line as well. But I more expect us to go 8-4 with losses against Bama-Ga and with a 2-2 record against LSU-Pitt-KY-FL.

Georgia is 3 behind TN in all time wins. It will be a chore to keep them from taking the 10th all-time spot.

Georgia is 3 behind TN in all time wins. It will be a chore to keep them from taking the 10th all-time spot.
After looking at these rankings I can see TN at another 7-5 season. Not much progress but only season 2. NIL got to do better.

Last year they had us at 6.6 projected wins (6.6-5.4) and we won 7.

Last edited:
The good thing is we are tied for Southern Cal for 9th, so we just have to stay ahead of either Georgia or Southern Cal to stay in the Top 10.

Top 15.PNG

A Captain Hook injury would hurt us big time, no ifs or buts about it. However, I believe the Milt Man knows this is his do-or-die season. If the captain goes down, the Milt Man will finally deliver. That's how much faith I have in our QB whisper coach. Joe isn't going to decapitate himself a second time if he gets the chance to QB the Vols. If he has any NFL aspirations, he knows he can't afford to fork up again. And, and, and he knows what Vols fans may very well do to him if he does.
1657291763108.png

Last edited:
Reactions: VolBricks
I think your expectations are about right. An 8-4 season and a bowl win would be another step back to prominence!

Quite frankly, we go 7-5 then we have beaten exactly who we were supposed to beat and lost to exactly who we were supposed to lose to.

It's a helluva lot better than 4-8, but just wouldn't give me a nice warm feeling about the future.

This is year 2, Hype and Co know they gotta pull some rabbits out to keep the train rolling.

VN Store

Back