2022 Class- PWO

Are we at 19 PWOs now? Kind of crazy as most of these are 3* with offers from others

Does anybody have any hard info on how many PWOs we can have. Alway heard 20 but don't know that for a fact. If that is true and all of these guys are in fact PWOs that would mean we won't be keeping many if any from last year. Could some of these be wink wink regular walkons who will be fighting for a spot. Do some accept they get a shot on arrival and will accept a plain ole walkon slot if they don't prevail? This is one of those wish I was a fly on the wall situations. Don't believe our staff is lying to these guys but can sell we are short on talent or at least depth and these guys want a shot at P5 or maybe even SEC football. If it does not work out most if not all will have their one time card to play and not be faced with regrets for settling down the road.

You can only have so many players dress for home games….it’s a larger number than road games, but it’s only like 105. I don’t think there’s any upper limit on walkons being “on the team” though. The majority just won’t dress for games.

Does anyone know of any of these PWOs are here for spring?
I'd assume the transfers are. Guys like Navy and Browder, etc.

I'd also assume most of the HS PWOs aren't EEs. They probably haven't been pushed to do so and it means graduating HS a semester early, not many kids do that. EEs are a special breed.

I am pumped by the quality of guys we have walking on That said, I suspect that some will turn these offers into schollies at smaller schools and economics is what it is will have some decisions to make. We can live with that.

I do wonder if what we are telling a bunch of these guys is that if you want to play at a P5 school bad enough to take the risk, we will be going through the balance of this year down a bunch of schollies for the self imposed penalties and will be able to award more than usual in the fall.

I also wonder if some family and friends of especially the instate guys are looking into using NIL opportunities from the community to subsidize Hope money and other assistance to get these hometown hero's a chance to be home state hero's completely above the table and be as cost effective as ships to lower divisions. Can local car dealers pay kids to drive their cars to college with a magnet on the back, etc.?

Can we, the fan base, pretty up the walkon NIL sponsorship status to incentivize lots of small deals to change the landscape? Many late bloomers can economically take their shot and if happy with the results stay, if not hit the portal. But could eliminate the ugly WHAT IF questions later in life.

Create a whole "part of the the Vol FamNILy" movement. Plenty of burger, cookie and wing places who could get permission to sign up and get rights to use uniformed players in their marketing campaigns. I don't know what is possible to do with thinking outside the box, heck I don't even know the dimensions of the box. A little help might make the difference in the total college cost calculations for these guys on the cusp with their risk/reward analysis.

Aiello (6-0, 215 LB) excelled for the IMG Blue team that mostly plays Florida 1A-3A teams. He averaged 13 tackles and 2 TFL per game last season.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
Hahaha our practice team is gonna whoop some azz...

Hey Turbyville's kid made it. I grew up with his Mom. She hung the moon. His Dad is a great guy too! Man I'm old now.
If you say “she hung the moon.” You old.

Reactions: jave36
If you say “she hung the moon.” You old.
Well the fact the kid I was referencing is the son of one of my highschools friends probably is a good indicator. I'm still stronger in some ways than some of the kids on that football team and people are shocked when I tell them my age, so... I'm doing something right! Lol

Class of 2023 linebacker Phillip Mason worked out at camp Thursday. Mason previously reclassified from the 2022 class and had been committed to Tennessee as a preferred walk-on, per Rocky Top Insider. The Georgia product has since transferred from Ridgeland High School to PURE Youth Athletics Alliance, a nonprofit private school in Memphis.
https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/article262353327.html

WR/DB WHIT JOHNSON
Johnson, 6-foot and 175 pounds, was a standout wide receiver and defensive back at Cherokee County in Centre, Ala., and could play either position at Auburn. He was also a standout on the track team and reportedly runs a 4.52 40-yard dash. Johnson originally committed to being a walk-on at Tennessee.

AuburnSports - Profiling the PWO’s

Looks like all of the 2022 PWOs are in the UT roster now, although no numbers have been assigned. I see just about everyone listed except the Aussie punter Jackson Ross.

VN Store

Back