2022 Class- PWO

High School:

Offers: App State, Arkansas State, Charlotte, Duke, Eastern Kentucky, Liberty, Memphis, Michigan State, MTSU, Purdue, Tulane, Virginia, Wake Forest

Offers: Akron, Easter Kentucky, Illinois, Liberty, Memphis, Vanderbilt

Derek Taylor, Greenbrier, Athlete

Offers: Austin Peay, Eastern Kentucky, Marshall, Michigan State

Malik Ganaway, Peabody, Athlete

Offers: Alabama A&M, Bethel, Lane College, Missouri S&T, UT Martin

Joshua Helsdon, Bradley Central, Defensive Line

Offers: Cumberland, Presbyterian

Connor Meadows, Peabody, Offensive Tackle

Offers: UT Martin, Southeast Missouri State

'22 - GA LB Phillip Mason

'22 - OH TE Titus Rohrer (PWO)

Josh Turbyville 5⭐️K/5⭐️P | Prokicker.com

Transfers:

Previous School: Nebraska

Previous School: UCF

Previous School: App State

Haha two of these kids are from where I live! Insane. So, how many if these guys are 3*!?!

High School:

Offers: App State, Arkansas State, Charlotte, Duke, Eastern Kentucky, Liberty, Memphis, Michigan State, MTSU, Purdue, Tulane, Virginia, Wake Forest

Offers: Akron, Easter Kentucky, Illinois, Liberty, Memphis, Vanderbilt

Derek Taylor, Greenbrier, Athlete

Offers: Austin Peay, Eastern Kentucky, Marshall, Michigan State

Malik Ganaway, Peabody, Athlete

Offers: Alabama A&M, Bethel, Lane College, Missouri S&T, UT Martin

Joshua Helsdon, Bradley Central, Defensive Line

Offers: Cumberland, Presbyterian

Connor Meadows, Peabody, Offensive Tackle

Offers: UT Martin, Southeast Missouri State

'22 - GA LB Phillip Mason

'22 - OH TE Titus Rohrer (PWO)

Josh Turbyville 5⭐️K/5⭐️P | Prokicker.com

Transfers:

Previous School: Nebraska

Previous School: UCF

Previous School: App State

Whit Johnson runs a 4.44? Hmmm ...

https://twitter.com/mwhitjohnson15?t=-DrQKR5a5_CnO5EepkfVFg&s=09

This is the most PWO we have ever had and prob the most talented.

It's crazy
This is Tennessee using NIL to its advantage. So Genius of them. We all see throughout all levels of College football kids becoming big time players and were like why didn't we recruit them. Not saying any of these kids will become outstanding players at Tn but I believe a few will earn scholly one day. In CHRIST Alone

Nice looking players that have committed PWO . Good looking tough athletes .. and a impressive snapper that played QB in HS .. and the LB from Memphis looks like a tough kid .. good job filling in spots ..special teams etc ....

Reactions: Orange_Crush
I have to assume NIL money and the fact we are reduced on spots til after spring. No idea how many will make our two deep in the coming years, but this group has a chance of being contributors over the next few years
I'd bet the vast majority make it on special teams and a few will eventually see the field. If you are recruiting really athletic guys as PWO then let them run ST and save your defensive and offensive 2 deep. These kids are just as fast and have the size to run punt and kickoff.

This will be interesting for sure, to see how these kids develop and how many become contributors. I doubt it becomes a trend though. The 2021 class is basically nonexistent at this point. They were going to need 15-20 kids out of high school beyond the scholarship numbers to fill the void, and they also needed to be capable of competing (at least on a practice level). There may be 2 or 3 gems among these kids though. It's an absolutely zero risk/ potential high reward situation for the program.

This will be interesting for sure, to see how these kids develop and how many become contributors. I doubt it becomes a trend though. The 2021 class is basically nonexistent at this point. They were going to need 15-20 kids out of high school beyond the scholarship numbers to fill the void, and they also needed to be capable of competing (at least on a practice level). There may be 2 or 3 gems among these kids though. It's an absolutely zero risk/ potential high reward situation for the program.

I am guessing that you are spot on on several counts. I bet we are selling these higher rated than normal guys on the chance to be rewarded with a schollie after they arrive due to the headcount hole by the small 21 class and the number of COVID extra years guys using up their window. If we actually ARE trying to keep our schollie count down this next period as part of the self imposed penalties it should not be hard to sell rewarding a bird in hand instead of fighting it out beating the bushes on next year's opportunities. Especially to guys that want and believe they should be on P5 rosters or simply want to be VOLS. Don't have a clue how the HOPE money for instate guys and potential NIL money for all of them factors in.

Looking forward to some postmortem analysis on all of this year's roster additions to maybe clear up some of these unknowns, here and elsewhere. The number of guys that actually arrive, stay with a schollie, stay without a schollie, or move on through the portal will be telling. You would think the percentage of wins would be higher with the star rankings average of our projected Pwo's at this time.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back