2022-2023 OOC Schedule

Baylor played at Bama this year. I think they try to alternate home/away games for all teams.

I'm thinking Texas Tech based on who we've played recently and who played at home this year.
So unless one of us skips a challenge then we’ll always be on alternating schedules and miss playing each other

So unless one of us skips a challenge then we’ll always be on alternating schedules and miss playing each other

Yea, good point. I went back and looked at Baylor's past schedules, and they did play back to back years on the road in 2017 and 2018. I had just noticed recently they seemed to be trying to flip flop ever year. They would have to put one of us back on the road again.

Yea, good point. I went back and looked at Baylor's past schedules, and they did play back to back years on the road in 2017 and 2018. I had just noticed recently they seemed to be trying to flip flop ever year. They would have to put one of us back on the road again.
That makes sense. Maybe the conferences have some kind of agreement about who and when that happens

Great point raised by golfballs about never being able to play the five Big XII schools that played road games this year unless A) one team plays two consecutive home/road games or B) Tennessee is left out of the challenge for a year (which, at this point, seems unlikely).

I think either Baylor or Iowa State feel like strong options to play this upcoming season, either in Thompson-Boling or on the road. Tennessee doesn't have any marquee OOC home games right now, though, so I'd be surprised if the Vols went on the road for the challenge.

I believe the SEC/Big 12 matches up teams in order of how those teams finished in the conference standings the prior year. If that’s the case, we’d be matching up with Kansas or Baylor in Knox.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I believe the SEC/Big 12 matches up teams in order of how those teams finished in the conference standings the prior year. If that’s the case, we’d be matching up with Kansas or Baylor in Knox.

Maybe a little. But UK had a bad year last year and played at Kansas this year. West Virginia played Arkansas this year, and those two were a bit different last year.

I can’t remember, was Barnes one who has in not so many words expressed his dislike of Scott Drew? Wonder if that would hold any sway in scheduling?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
What games are already booked for next year's out of conference schedule?

Atlantis (Kansas, Wisconsin, USC, Butler, Dayton, NC State, BYU)
@ Arizona
neutral game vs Colorado in Nash (I think?)
Memphis(?)
Big12 challenge (hopefully Texas comes to Knox)

What else?
East Carolina or ETSU will probably be added to the OOC schedule.

Hopefully the game in Nashville will happen - would like to try again next year - this year's game did not work out so well :-(
And NO Memphis EVER again.......no upside to it.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back