2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VItello coming up on Swain event. If anyone can listen and post notes that would be awesome.

I was ready for the purge of the roster, didn't think it would be a kid that never made the roster.

Dont fret, you'll see plenty of new faces in 2019, especially in the line up........

Remember, we were a couple of hits and lucky bounces away from being a .500 SEC team last year. A few fresh faces and we will be fine........OT, Mr. Optimistic.

Dont fret, you'll see plenty of new faces in 2019, especially in the line up........

Remember, we were a couple of hits and lucky bounces away from being a .500 SEC team last year. A few fresh faces and we will be fine........OT, Mr. Optimistic.

Alerick Soularie isn’t a name that has been talked about much on here but he’s going to come in and be an impact bat from day 1. He was at San Jacito CC this past year. Perfect Game had him as the 181 ranked player in his class. I will try to find out if he’s on a summer roster anywhere, but I don’t know if juco guys going to a D1 school usually play summer ball or report to campus.

Alerick Soularie isn’t a name that has been talked about much on here but he’s going to come in and be an impact bat from day 1. He was at San Jacito CC this past year. Perfect Game had him as the 181 ranked player in his class. I will try to find out if he’s on a summer roster anywhere, but I don’t know if juco guys going to a D1 school usually play summer ball or report to campus.

I'd say most juco guys coming into the SEC play in the summer or at least should if healthy

Reactions: 1 person
Wasn't sure where to post, but just saw on Twitter where Sean Hunley was named to the Freshman All-American team by Collegiate Baseball.

Twitter

It's very common for players to leave 4 year schools and attend JCs after their first year. It allows them a second go around at a D1 a year later. Grades rarely are the reason

Spot on BV.

Also, take a look at who traveled the last 2 road trips. Cut players usually pack and leave after finals. Players that traveled at the end of the season usually leave for a better opportunity.

Wasn't sure where to post, but just saw on Twitter where Sean Hunley was named to the Freshman All-American team by Collegiate Baseball.

Twitter

Seen that, that's solid. Nothing like a mid-week Serrano guy making good...wonder how V take's credit for that:whistling:

Any Word or news on who left or was not invited back from CTV's exit interviews? just wondering

IMO, 1st cuts have been made, see Summer Ball thread with the exception of Neely and possibly another. 2nd cuts will happen after MLB signing day and the 3rd cut will be in the fall after fall practice.

Last edited:
IMO, 1st cuts have been made, see Summer Ball thread with the exception of Neely and possibly another. 2nd cuts will happen after MLB signing day and the 3rd cut will be in the fall after fall practice.

People will be surprised that it won’t be as many cuts as you think. Also “cut” is a strong word kids transfer as well because of lack of playing time. This goes on in every sport in college. That 23 man recruiting class turned to 18 pretty fast. Also just cause a kid tweets I have committed to the University of Tennessee , doesn’t necessarily mean he’s on scholarship. He has been promised a fair opportunity to make the team in the fall as a walk on.

People will be surprised that it won’t be as many cuts as you think. Also “cut” is a strong word kids transfer as well because of lack of playing time. This goes on in every sport in college. That 23 man recruiting class turned to 18 pretty fast. Also just cause a kid tweets I have committed to the University of Tennessee , doesn’t necessarily mean he’s on scholarship. He has been promised a fair opportunity to make the team in the fall as a walk on.

Spot on!

So based on what i am seeing: We have 20 in summer Leagues , 7 Juco's and 18 in the class of 2018... that's 45 total. we had 36 on roster last year so let's say only 9-10 will not be on next years roster...Not as many as I first thought....Obviously the recruits that CTV has recruited has to have the better feeling about the situation at hand...Just my thoughts.

add 3 more to the list that's not playing summer ball..so 48

Last edited:

There are more than 23 in the class

Stats wise, we pretty much threw the same 8-9 pitchers every week. Same position players every game. Pretty clear to guess who will not be here next season.

Agreed, “cut” may not be the best word as there are a number of reasons a kid may not be back. I was speaking in generalities.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back